Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2014, 12:20 PM

16,319 posts, read 10,339,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
omg, it's monday morning and u have a meeting at work u need to be at at 8am... you're super tired from drinking and partying all weekend, and you look like !@#$.... WHAT DO U DO? Do u arrive on time and ugly? or late and gorgeous as ever?

What would u choose?
I would choose to do my drinking and partying on Friday and Saturday nights, then use Sunday to dry out and calm down. (Well, that's actually not true, as I don't drink or party. But if I did . . .) Then you could show up to your Monday morning meeting both beautifully and punctually.

Failing that . . . well, if you were hired for your looks, then show up for your meeting late and gorgeous. If you were hired for any talents that are more than skin deep, then show up on time.

Old 08-04-2014, 12:24 PM

5,390 posts, read 9,629,821 times
I just feel like if you arrive late and gorgeous, ppl will not really care or notice as much ... because you show up looking so good. People will appreciate the fact that u put so much effort into looking as beautiful as you do.

Old 08-04-2014, 12:32 PM

5,125 posts, read 4,447,568 times
Quote:
I just feel like if you arrive late and gorgeous, ppl will not really care or notice as much ... because you show up looking so good. People will appreciate the fact that u put so much effort into looking as beautiful as you do.

Have you ever had a real job? You show absolutely no knowledge of what the expectations are for keeping a job.

Old 08-04-2014, 12:37 PM

16,319 posts, read 10,339,841 times
Quote:
No offense, but I think you overestimate yourself. Maybe people will indeed enjoy looking at the gorgeous you, and appreciate the effort you put forth to achieve that state. But they will also feel that you didn't care enough about them, or their time, or the task that is the purpose of the meeting, to do them the simple courtesy of showing up on time. And I can assure you, feeling disrespected will more than counteract any appreciation of your looks on the part of your inconvenienced coworkers.

I have no idea how much I may or may not enjoy looking at you. But the self-centered attitude you convey does not leave me favorably disposed towards you, and I am glad that it was not me you left cooling my heels in the conference room while you took the time to plaster over your hangover.

Old 08-04-2014, 12:55 PM

836 posts, read 1,027,584 times
Quote:
I don't think they will appreciate having to get you up to speed on the minutes/hours worth of notes you failed to show up on time to hear.

Old 08-04-2014, 12:57 PM

29,627 posts, read 34,107,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrisce4 View Post
I don't think they will appreciate having to get you up to speed on the minutes/hours worth of notes you failed to show up on time to hear.
Seriously. I know the OP is just trolling, but when was the last time any of us spent much time thinking about a coworker's appearance (other than a fleeting "that's a cute dress,") especially when they're showing up late/unprepared for a meeting. Nobody's thinking about you (general you) more than you are.

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 08-04-2014 at 01:14 PM..

Old 08-04-2014, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Seriously. I know the OP is just trolling, but when was the last time any of us spent much time thinking about a coworker's appearance (other than a fleeting "that's a cute dress,") especially when they're showing up late/unprepared for a meeting. Most people are focused on themselves, anyway.
I look at my co-workers's appearance everyday.
And I dont think i'm trolling. I'm just asking what people would do regarding your appearance, given a situation where one is running late to a meeting.

Old 08-04-2014, 01:12 PM

706 posts, read 1,174,475 times
Who parties on a Sunday night?

I'd skip the party so that I could get up early enough to doll myself up.

Old 08-04-2014, 01:28 PM

Let's just say your sleep schedule is off from partying Friday and Saturday night, so by Sunday night you're not partying but ur body won't fall asleep til like 1am.... So u wake up Monday morning exhausted! from falling asleep so late. I wasn't actually out partying sunday night.

Old 08-04-2014, 01:29 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,585,620 times
Quote:
Um, no, I would be pissed that I showed up on time and had to wait for you.

Besides, really beautiful people know that partying too much ruins their appearance over time, no matter how long it takes them to "get ready."

My mom called overpartied look "20 miles of bad road."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty