Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2014, 10:21 PM

137 posts, read 352,010 times

Advertisements

What is your typical regimen for all of you guys out there? I have always cut off all of my hair and I let it just grow wild one year without doing absolutely anything to it to see how it would look. Now, I want to grow it out again and actually try my best to take care of it without any help. (for at least this next semester, I can try professional help after that)
What I have always done is floss, brush teeth, mouthwash, shave, cut/brush hair, deodorant, shower (bar soap) and that's it. But I have been reading about things that high maintenance individual men do and I may try them out. I read about hand/face creams, body oils, lotions, hair grease, doo rags/bandanas, pedicures/manicures, colognes, pheromones, etc. etc.

What do you recommend as essentials, suggested optional things, and then lastly extra luxuries and such? Thank you!
I thought about this thread after reading this article as well as some things I noticed in daily life such as how some guys always smell really nice even though we play a 90 minute soccer match or we do an intense dance session. Perhaps there are a number of things I just never paid attention to.

Hygiene and Grooming Routines for Men | The Art of Manliness
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2014, 10:40 PM

4,554 posts, read 5,395,690 times
I think every dude has their own "routine". I have routine in quotes because some days we may just go without even showering.

My usual is:

Wake up
Brush teeth
Drink water, drink coffee, workout
shower with Dove
Shampoo/condition with whatever the wife has in there
Shave with Gillette shaving cream and Mach 3 blades
Use either L'Occitane aftershave cream or whatever aftershave cream that goes with the cologne I wear for that day.

Evening:

Wash face with Dove
Cleanse with Clinique Dramatically Different lotion
Use either Clinique or L'Occitane face cream
Floss
Brush teeth
Sleep

I do the occasional trip with the wifey to the salon for manicure and pedicure with the foot rub/massage. I also go to a SportClips to get my hair cut by one of the hotties that work there.

Old 08-08-2014, 10:53 PM

137 posts, read 352,010 times
So, you match the products that you use somewhat. That is kind of what I expected to see. I think when I go shopping in the morning I will try to get everything matching in the grooming category so the scents go together. This may be a bit of a challenge since I am trying to only use 'lifetime guarantee' companies for a change. But good tips, I am excited to get more feedback, thank you.

Old 08-09-2014, 11:16 AM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,724,096 times
Grooming will be similar but different, if that makes any sense?

There are countless items one could use to cleanse, not all of them are made for everyone's skin type, this is where you will need to determine what works best for you. Some will use strong soaps/creams/topicals, some will use homemade organic ingredients, some will use ancient grooming techniques (oils, strigils, clays), some will simply just use water. Some prefer to use washing rags or other utensils while cleaning, or brushing on shaving cream whilst shaving, it will all depend on your skin type and how your skin feels/reacts to specific products.

I use a few of the methods above:

- Electric shave, but I like to keep slightly longer hair than stubble
- Message my skin with a dry cloth to exfoliate
- Shower using organic shampoo, I use this to wash everything
- Organic/natural deodorant
- Pat dry body, air dry face
- Brush teeth with coconut oil/baking soda/sea salt homemade mix
- I also don't mind clay body masks every once in awhile (maybe once a month or so)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty