Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2014, 07:25 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,951,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelpha View Post
On an episode of "The Doctors" a few years ago I recall one woman doctor adamantly stating:

If you wear bras 24/7, you will train your breasts to stay up. This keeps the connective tissue tight, minimizing sagging caused by gravity. But bras must be worn 24/7, including special sleeping bras. Of course showering/bathing is an exception.

Then there is another school of thought: genetics. Some women are prone to perkiness, other women are prone to sagginess. Even many women who wear bras religiously will still begin to sag sooner or later.

Perhaps a final determination to solve this mystery...are there any elderly women in the world who have naturally firm, perky breasts? If so, what have their lifetime bra-wearing habits been?
I believe two things affect the perkiness/sagginess factor: whether the woman has had a boob job and the size of the breasts. Boob jobs will help a woman stay perky all the life because the boobs are fake, of course. Secondly, if a woman has big boobs,they won't be perky, no matter what. I know from experience. I am a very large chested woman, but pretty small on the rest of me, and I wasn't perky even in my 20s. My body just isn't equipped to keep that kind of weight up, even though I've been wearing a bra since I was 9 years old
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2014, 07:36 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,105,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I believe two things affect the perkiness/sagginess factor: whether the woman has had a boob job and the size of the breasts. Boob jobs will help a woman stay perky all the life because the boobs are fake, of course. Secondly, if a woman has big boobs,they won't be perky, no matter what. I know from experience. I am a very large chested woman, but pretty small on the rest of me, and I wasn't perky even in my 20s. My body just isn't equipped to keep that kind of weight up, even though I've been wearing a bra since I was 9 years old
Yup, I agree^^ that's what I said earlier. I too wore a bra from about 10 years old, and have always had a proportionately large chest to the rest of me. Again, bras do NOTHING one way or the other to prevent sagging. And if one is wearing one 24/7 how would they be sagging, anyway?

I also wonder what the original OP considers "elderly"?

There are older women in their 70s (Sophia Loren, Raquel Welch, Ann-Margret, etc) who are very large, no way they are "perky" but look great. Perky is associated with much smaller size.

Old 08-14-2014, 07:38 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,520,614 times
I don't wear a bra to stay perky. I wear a bra to keep the girls in line when out in public. I've been a DD since I was 15. I've never been perky.

Old 08-14-2014, 07:39 AM

6,617 posts, read 6,537,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirlz View Post
I just saw this article...."54 year old granny spent £35,000 on surgery and beauty treatments and now looks 20 years younger, has a slim, curvy figure, smooth skin, cheekbones that Sophia Loren would envy and a mane of glossy brown locks."
Read more: Grandmother who spent £35,000 to completely transform her appearance | Mail Online

Too much in my opinion, but heck, if she's happy, good for her!
Her body looks good, but her face is crooked and that black hair looks hideous IMO.

Old 08-14-2014, 07:41 AM

6,720 posts, read 8,384,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgn2013 View Post
I've never seen a woman with truly large AND perky breasts (large being higher than D with a band size of at least 38) that were natural. You can't have it all!
This is true for the most part, but a small band like 30 on almost any cup size smaller than an H can be perky. Bra cup size is relative to band size, so a 30 C is tremendously smaller than a 38 C.

Women just wear the wrong bra size most of the time.

Cup volume is really the same for all these bra sizes:

32 DD, 34 D, 36 C, 38 B, 40 A

I think genetics plays a part in it too. My mom and grandma have/ had perky boobs past 60.

Old 08-14-2014, 07:43 AM

6,617 posts, read 6,537,463 times
Wear a bra to bed? gotta be kidding!! I can't wait to take it off at night.

They say saggy boobs is genetic and I know I am following along with my mother and grandmother with mine.

I've never been "perky", but have always worn a bra in the daytime. I need a bra for support and appearance, plus, if I ever went braless, NO one should have to see my nipples sticking out through my clothes when I am cold lol

Old 08-14-2014, 07:47 AM

597 posts, read 1,442,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kharing View Post
Ever seen a 90+ year old woman with implants? Horrifying and strange! I work in hospitals and seen some unusual stuff.
I also was a nurse before I changed careers and I too have seen this. It is disgusting!

I also wanted to add that when I was in high school, there was a girl who was naturally "over developed" and she was sagging when she was just 14. That was when I realized I was thankful I was part of the mosquito bite club

Old 08-14-2014, 08:10 AM

20,123 posts, read 16,144,906 times
Wearing bras has never been about the desire to look perky for me, but comfort. I can't stand to not wear one because I hate the feel of swinging boobs and strain on my back. Plus it helps keep the sweat and rashes at bay. I think the more a woman is endowed the more bras are seen as a utilitarian piece of clothing.

Old 08-14-2014, 11:33 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
Her body looks good, but her face is crooked and that black hair looks hideous IMO.
Agree 100%. Her face and hair looked better before, IMO, AND she looked happier. I cannot believe she is only 54 in the 'after' photo. YUCK.

Just . . she did too much.

Old 08-14-2014, 02:19 PM

192 posts, read 269,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelpha View Post
On an episode of "The Doctors" a few years ago I recall one woman doctor adamantly stating:

If you wear bras 24/7, you will train your breasts to stay up. This keeps the connective tissue tight, minimizing sagging caused by gravity. But bras must be worn 24/7, including special sleeping bras. Of course showering/bathing is an exception.

Then there is another school of thought: genetics. Some women are prone to perkiness, other women are prone to sagginess. Even many women who wear bras religiously will still begin to sag sooner or later.

Perhaps a final determination to solve this mystery...are there any elderly women in the world who have naturally firm, perky breasts? If so, what have their lifetime bra-wearing habits been?
Do any elderly men in the world still have taut, firm buttocks, and a flat abdomen?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty