Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2014, 06:19 AM

38 posts, read 45,412 times

Advertisements

The true beautiful people I am talking about do not wake up with eye boogers, bad breath or pass gas. The ones I talk about are absolutely beautiful. Queens, the talk of the town, incredibly beautiful and sexy. You are talking about pretty girls who need makeup to look nice. I am talking about someone who is a knockout without makeup or camera tricks.

And to the people who say that being friends with truly beautiful people don't give you status: You don't know what the XXX you are talking about!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post
psshhh

these "truly beautiful" people you speak of are just like you

they wake up in the morning with eye boogers, bad breath, and have gas

beauty is so objective... whenever i here people going on and on about how beautiful someone is i'm usually disapointed when i actually see em in person
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2014, 06:26 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,636,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by things to say View Post
People who are incredibly good looking are so lucky. I see them on the streets and in shops all over town. The beautiful people. I am not talking about pretty or simply attractive people but the true beautiful people. The people who are one in a hundred. People with the perfect body, face, hair. People who have a self confidence gathered by years of people admiring them and telling them they are simply beautiful. They look at themselves in the mirror and are so impressed with what they see. They have unlimited poise and sex appeal. They are just beautiful people.

God, it must be nice to be them!
It would shock you how many of those people have low self esteem, doubts about themselves, etc... They aren't perfect angelic beings.

Old 08-14-2014, 06:32 AM

38 posts, read 45,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofur View Post
It would shock you how many of those people have low self esteem, doubts about themselves, etc... They aren't perfect angelic beings.
Yes, some pretty girls have a low self image and lack confidence. But I am not talking about pretty, but a complete knock out. A true 10. The life of a "10" that is what I am talking about.

Old 08-14-2014, 06:38 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,636,607 times
Quote:
Yes, some pretty girls have a low self image and lack confidence. But I am not talking about pretty, but a complete knock out. A true 10. The life of a "10" that is what I am talking about.
I am talking about those you call 10's. How we see ourselves can be very very different then how others view us. Besides, this whole thread premise is complete crap. Live your own life, stop worrying about other people's and how good they might have it.

Old 08-14-2014, 06:39 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,189,163 times
Quote:
People who are incredibly good looking are so lucky.

Don't be so sure. Do you think wealthy people are really happy? They can't know if people want to know them just for their money or not. They don't know if they have a real friend at all. Physicaly attractive people have a similar problem in that many people are drawn to them for only one reason. It is a curse to some and actualy leads to their deaths.

Old 08-14-2014, 07:13 AM

597 posts, read 1,442,667 times
Quote:
People who are incredibly good looking are so lucky. I see them on the streets and in shops all over town. The beautiful people. I am not talking about pretty or simply attractive people but the true beautiful people. The people who are one in a hundred. People with the perfect body, face, hair. People who have a self confidence gathered by years of people admiring them and telling them they are simply beautiful. They look at themselves in the mirror and are so impressed with what they see. They have unlimited poise and sex appeal. They are just beautiful people.

You know these "beautiful people" are ones that YOU think are beautiful. How do you know someone is not looking at you saying " Wow, that is a beautiful woman or handsome guy"?

Beauty is absolutely in the eyes of the beholder.

Be proud and confident in your looks/body because I guarantee there is someone looking at you and thinking you are beautiful and they wish they were as beautiful/handsome as you....too bad it's not you thinking that way

Old 08-14-2014, 07:41 AM

5,544 posts, read 8,310,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Don't be so sure. Do you think wealthy people are really happy? They can't know if people want to know them just for their money or not. They don't know if they have a real friend at all. Physicaly attractive people have a similar problem in that many people are drawn to them for only one reason. It is a curse to some and actualy leads to their deaths.
Absolutely agree

My daughter had two girlfriends in school and they were the three amigos. It would be bragging to say how beautiful they were, but one was particularly beauty queen beautiful, a 10 of which you speak. This girl reminded me so much of Brooke Shields and she looked fully grown too young. At 12 she looked 16 at 16 she looked to be in her 20s. And she was 6' tall when they were in middle school. A natural beauty.

My point is that everywhere they went, grown men were hitting on her thinking her to be older; at school she was surrounded by people but she never knew whether they liked her or whether they just wanted to use her. She never knew whether it was the person she was they liked or the truly beautiful person on the outside they wanted to be with. She was a smart girl (graduated from Harvard) but she never knew if the teachers favored her or she earned the grades. Her science projects, was it her presentation or her looks? etc Same same every day of her life. and never being allowed to have a bad day without someone noticing because people were always watching.

So her circle of friends was very narrow and when I took the girls out and stayed to chaperone you could see it in her eyes.

Since this thread has gone on as long as it has with no understanding, you need an attitude adjustment. Envy is not becoming. Find something you like about you and make the most of it. The rest will follow. Besides some people are late bloomers, that is what I told myself anyway

good luck

Old 08-14-2014, 08:05 AM

16,544 posts, read 19,672,308 times
OMFG... "beautiful people" don't pass gas? Have bad breath?
What world are you living in? You cannot be this naive...

Can I have the 2 minutes of my life back I spent skimming this thread?

This post, along with a lot of others I've read lately all over the C-D forums makes me weep for humanity.

I'm going back to Science and Tech and staying out of everything else...

Old 08-14-2014, 08:34 AM

2,222 posts, read 2,343,582 times
Have you ever read the story about Narcissus ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissus_(mythology)

Old 08-14-2014, 08:36 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
Quote:
If there is a doubt in their minds if they are beautiful or not, this does not apply. I am talking about the truly beautiful. The head turner, someone so beautiful they are the talk of the town and everyone wants to be them.

I have never wanted to be anyone but myself and it is truly sad that you believe that many others have this desire.

Seek professional therapy immediately
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty