Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2014, 11:58 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,458,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Get over it, I say. Men like good looking women--don't like it, stay inside.
Tough. Quit being so sensitive. Men stare--so what? It bothers you? You're being
too sensitive, toughen up, woman up, and shut up.

If a man was staring
for a LONG TIME and gazing like he just saw Hailey's Comet or something, okay,
but it's really ridiculous how certain women get SO upset at a man shooting an
occasional glance your way. So freaking what? Men are men, that's what they are,
and there's nothing wrong with it--even if it bothers you. That it bothers you
just means you're being stupid, to be quite blunt about it. A man comes in here
and just what he likes--so what? It's not like he was grabbing your cheeks or
groping you. If it makes you feel that way, then your feelings are STUPID,
frankly
Interesting that women are supposed to "deal with it" (ie change their perceptions or feelings) if they don't like how a male (I won't say "man" in this case because real "men" care about what women think and feel) behaves toward them - but males should not have to change their perceptions, feelings or behaviors because "men are men, that's what they are and there's nothing wrong with it--even if it bothers you." Women's feelings are stupid and men's feelings are fine because they just "are who they are"....gotcha.

Scary thing is, this is coming from a married father of young daughters....

Old 08-16-2014, 12:39 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,390,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Interesting that women are supposed to "deal with it" (ie change their perceptions or feelings) if they don't like how a male (I won't say "man" in this case because real "men" care about what women think and feel) behaves toward them - but males should not have to change their perceptions, feelings or behaviors because "men are men, that's what they are and there's nothing wrong with it--even if it bothers you." Women's feelings are stupid and men's feelings are fine because they just "are who they are"....gotcha.

Scary thing is, this is coming from a married father of young daughters....
I don't think most women care if men look at them. It's their attitude about it that's objectionable. It the idea that women are teasing men by wearing a light jacket and they need to "pee or get off the pot".

I get that some men may want to see more skin and are confused by fashion choices women make, but most men don't demean women about it.

Old 08-16-2014, 12:53 PM

29,745 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
I don't think most women care if men look at them. It's their attitude about it that's objectionable. It the idea that women are teasing men by wearing a light jacket and they need to "pee or get off the pot".

I get that some men may want to see more skin and are confused by fashion choices women make, but most men don't demean women about it.
Right. Most women get that men are going to look at women, but what's objectionable is some men acting as if women exist to be looked at. The whole "boys will be boys" attitude that men are just going to do stuff and it's women's problem if they don't like it that's at issue. It's used to sweep all kinds of bad behavior under the rug.

Old 08-16-2014, 01:21 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,458,432 times
Quote:

Yes, I agree...which is why I differentiated between the attitudes of some "males" and men.

Old 08-16-2014, 02:04 PM

41,958 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers10 View Post
Far be it from me to defend the OP, but I think he happens to have a point. This is after all, the Fashion and Beauty forum.
The OP is not here to discuss fashion; he's here to complain because he can't get his jollies when women wear long sleeved sweaters over their tank tops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Ok, I get it that women do dress up for comfort. But, I my point is more targeted towards ladies in certain age groups.
You don't get it at all. But you just go ahead and dig yourself even deeper. It's kind of entertaining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
It amazes me that there are posters who don't get that the heart of this discussion isn't about fashion, it's about sexualizing and objectifying women. It's really kind of disgusting.
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyguylh View Post
I think it was his choice of words such as "wares" or whatever that was off-putting. The concept of what he's getting at, I don't find so objectionable.
Quote:
Yet, see her in a spaghetti strap tank-top or dress, and it's gorgeous. So--when they "layer," it's frustrating, because you are THAT close to being able to enjoy a view you like, but--close, but no cigar.
Ah, irony is such a beautiful thing ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
You just stand there and look pretty, sweetie. The men are talking.
We can talk all we want; it just goes over their heads anyway.

Quote:
Hell, if anyone should be confused, it's women being confused over men's fashion choices.

Oh, by the way, Mr. Beefcake, could you hike up your shorts an inch or two so I could see your thighs? Thanks ...

Old 08-16-2014, 04:18 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
This whole thread is just disgusting. Leering at 14yo girls? Good grief.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty