Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2014, 09:09 AM

2,919 posts, read 5,952,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
women showing off their wares
Must be a troll post--no one in his right mind would make such a statement.

Old 08-14-2014, 09:11 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,208,559 times
What's wrong with you. If you want to gawk at pretty women, go to the shore.

Old 08-14-2014, 09:12 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickofDiamonds View Post
I've got to expose my bulging muscles ?
Damn, there's got to be some memo somewhere that was put out by the fashion police that the rest of us never got.

Imagine my surprise when I just found out I have "wares" and not boobs and a butt that are attached to a body that has arms, legs and a head as well.

Old 08-14-2014, 09:21 AM

5,570 posts, read 7,273,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
I see countless women in the summer time sporting a tight revealing shirt or tanktop showing off their wares only to completely ruins the look wearing a thin sleeve-less hoodie jacket to cover up their cleavage.

Men with bulging muscles do not wear jackets to hide our biceps.

If you are afraid of men staring why even wear a revealing shirt just wear something comfortable and not revealing.

The super thin jacket completely ruins the look and it does not keep you warm in air conditioned rooms.
They wear the shirt because they like it. They cover it up because of creepy people like you.

Old 08-14-2014, 10:06 AM

2,222 posts, read 2,345,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Imagine my surprise when I just found out I have "wares" and not boobs and a butt that are attached to a body that has arms, legs and a head as well.

Exactly, I want to be admired for my mind and not my body !

Old 08-14-2014, 10:24 AM

3,279 posts, read 5,318,749 times
I do totally agree people have the right to wear what they want, and they don't have to justify their choices, totally.

However, that said, I have noticed this and I agree. To me, it's more a thing of "what's the point?" If you're going to cover up that spaghetti strap with a jacket anyway, why not just wear a short-sleeved shirt instead to start with? It reminds me of people I used to observe buying a convertible automobile and then on a beautiful spring 75'F day, even when it was the first one we had coming out of late winter or the like, rolling the windows down and yet leaving the top up. You're thinking "what's the point, you might as well just drive a non-convertible, why buy it and never use it, what's the point?"

I will admit--it does bug me also in a "dirty old man" sort of way in that I'm thinking "if you'd just take that darn jacket off I could see something," whereas if they are wearing a short-sleeved shirt the thought never crosses my mind. Even so, I admit that that's just me being a dirty old man.

Seriously, no one will believe me I'm sure, but the two are separate things. Even if I'm not wishing I could see what the jacket is covering up, I'm still thinking besides that "if you're just going to cover up anyway why not just wear a non-tank and be done with it?" Yet still, again, they can wear what they want, even as we're curious why they do it.

Old 08-14-2014, 10:32 AM

5,570 posts, read 7,273,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyguylh View Post
To me, it's more a thing of "what's the point?" If you're going to cover up that spaghetti strap with a jacket anyway, why not just wear a short-sleeved shirt instead to start with?
Perhaps because the print/color/style that I liked only came in spaghetti strap, not in short sleeved. Maybe I like the way that top looks layered. Why does it matter?

Old 08-14-2014, 11:57 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
Perhaps because the print/color/style that I liked only came in spaghetti strap, not in short sleeved. Maybe I like the way that top looks layered. Why does it matter?
Don't you know that as a woman if you have attractive "wares" you have an obligation to display your "wares" for the entertainment of every perv in your vicinity?

Old 08-14-2014, 12:01 PM

22,591 posts, read 47,670,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
They wear the shirt because they like it. They cover it up because of creepy people like you.

Old 08-14-2014, 12:14 PM

3,279 posts, read 5,318,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Don't you know that as a woman if you have attractive "wares" you have an obligation to display your "wares" for the entertainment of every perv in your vicinity?

Several things. First, just because a man finds a woman attractive and enjoys a view doesn't make him a pervert. It's when he goes out of his way to act crazy or creepy about it that he's being a pervert, in my view. Simply appreciating what you see, and being frustrated when one almost shows their lovely adornments but ultimately doesn't, isn't being a pervert.

Also, I think what the original poster is saying is that, to him, it's as if such women are sort of waffling, that is, showing off but NOT showing off. It's sort of a violation--again, his thinking, mind you--of the "pee or get off the pot" principle. In other words, if you're going to be revealing, then BE revealing, if you're not, then don't, but make up your mind and go all the way one way or the other. By wearing something alluring but ultimately covering it up, it's as if such a woman is sort of "riding the fence." Understand--I am not giving anyone grief over what they're wearing, and I am sure that no woman is really "riding the fence" or being indecisive, but it FEELS that way to some guys, even as we recognize you have the right to wear what you want however you want BECAUSE you want.

Further, it sort of is like if someone, say, is attending a car show and brings their fancy car, but rather than actually showing it off, they bring it, only to then cover it with a car cover. It's like "take that cover off and let us REALLY see what it's all about." It's like "why bring a '57 Chevy or Corvette etc to a car show only to cover it up? You might as well have just left it home." Not that you ladies are obligated to put on a show when you're just living your life, I'm just giving you the insight to a male's mind, as dirty as it may be sometimes.

Regarding the "riding the fence" aspect, I feel this way where it regards a woman wearing a bikini top but regular shorts for the bottoms, or "boycuts," rather than wearing a bikini and ONLY a bikini. For some reason, the view of a woman in a "normal" bikini is WAY more appealing than a woman wearing a bikini top and regular shorts for the bottoms, even though plenty of skin is shown either way. It's because, to me, a bathing suit and "normal" clothes are two separate "worlds" that should never collide, as it were, sort of like how if you are a guy and wear a tuxedo you don't wear it with sneakers. In fact, I actually prefer the sight of a woman in a 1 piece than I do in a bikini top with shorts for bottoms.

Still, though, it is a free country, you can wear what you want, and we have these forums for us to just express what we're thinking. It's fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty