Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2014, 08:12 PM

2,319 posts, read 3,050,958 times

Advertisements

Female in my 40's. I'd never add a color to my natural blonde hair. But I think if you want to, then try a little bit underneath in the back first (and I mean a little bit) to see if it in fact will wash out. Certain kinds of employers will not take you seriously though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2014, 11:31 PM

9,007 posts, read 13,836,307 times
Why not get clip in colored hair extensions?

That way,if you do not like it,you can just take them out.

Dye is a little more permanent.

Even if clip in hair extensions creep you out,they also have temporary hair spray colors.

I used to spray my hair all the time in the early 2000's

Old 08-20-2014, 11:33 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,230,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckinMi View Post
I've always wanted purple hair but I have very sensitive curly hair that never takes well to dye. Well lo and behold manic panic! I heard that it washes quickly, doesn't have peroxide and is vegan, even conditions. I thought I would give it a try. But knowing my hair, it would never return to its golden blonde color 100% despite the label and other customer reviews saying it will.

I'm just curious- what are some opinions on people with unnatural hair colors? I don't mean all the piercings and tattoos and black clothes to. Just an average person with crazy hair.
Im not asking for my self all the way, its just me saying I wanted to do this sparked a big debate among my family and friends (I have very one of a kind hair that naturally sticks out in a crowd so my parents and a few friends are not happy about my choice)

State your age and gender to please (:

Your head, your hair, your choice.

Either old enough to be your Mother or your Grandmother depending on your age.

Old 08-21-2014, 12:51 AM

206 posts, read 382,695 times
I'm in the same demo as most of your other comments, and work at a college so I see a lot of that age cohort. I like it on several of them. On the other hand, I don't recommend it as they're about to graduate and interview for jobs (unless they're going into a really non-mainstream industry, like maybe graphic design).

If you're concerned about what it would do to your hair and you might need to apply for a job before it could grow out, try it first as a streak or two (or even several highlights). Even if you don't like how it looks after the dye is pau, the overall effect will be subtle enough not to be distracting. If it washes out fine, then go for it!

Old 08-21-2014, 03:45 AM

1,764 posts, read 1,671,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr bolo View Post
the older you are the more it makes you look like a circus clown, a younger person can get away with it much easier than a older person

kind of like tattoos, when your young it looks trendy, but when your a senior it wont look so cool anymore
I agree !

Also, if you're not sure about the color how about ordering a wig with the color you like and test out the color first to see if you like the shade.

Old 08-21-2014, 03:58 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,187,651 times
It's your hair, and if the dye you use isn't harmful - do it.

As to what do I think when I see a woman with purple or green hair, I think she looks like a clown. But that's her wagon and she can just keep draggin' it along.

Old 08-21-2014, 07:08 AM

732 posts, read 968,445 times
Male, 40s.

I find people with unnaturally colored hair interesting because they stand out from the humdrum mundane. There's way too much sameness these days. It's one of the reasons I want a time machine to go back to the 80s.

A simple bleached streak even wakes me up and gets my attention.

I'm asexual, btw, so when I say I find something about people interesting it has nothing to do with sexual attraction just the waking me up from the boredom of most people in our society of today.

Old 08-21-2014, 08:00 AM

4,749 posts, read 4,321,984 times
I think you should do it for a couple months. It's your life! Who cares?

I'm black and my hair is obviously black, but I want to dye my hair a dark red. Not Rihanna red... However, a CD member who I trust said that I shouldn't. However, I'm a 20 year-old college kid, and I'm going to do it in a year or two.

Old 08-21-2014, 08:37 AM

20,758 posts, read 19,964,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckinMi View Post
I've always wanted purple hair but I have very sensitive curly hair that never takes well to dye. Well lo and behold manic panic! I heard that it washes quickly, doesn't have peroxide and is vegan, even conditions. I thought I would give it a try. But knowing my hair, it would never return to its golden blonde color 100% despite the label and other customer reviews saying it will.

I'm just curious- what are some opinions on people with unnatural hair colors? I don't mean all the piercings and tattoos and black clothes to. Just an average person with crazy hair.
Im not asking for my self all the way, its just me saying I wanted to do this sparked a big debate among my family and friends (I have very one of a kind hair that naturally sticks out in a crowd so my parents and a few friends are not happy about my choice)

State your age and gender to please (:
I am 37 and love hair that looks different from the mass. Travel to Europe, lots of crazy hair styles there and I think it is awesome.

Not sure how old you are, but certain hairstyles and colors only look good on younger folks

Old 08-21-2014, 08:37 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,826,650 times
Everyone experiments. As long as you don't have some growth disorder, your hair will grow out if you ever do something you end up not liking to it. Just don't dye it every other day or something like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty