Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 05:05 PM

4,042 posts, read 2,711,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Agreed - 4 coats is ridiculous - and does not look good, IMO. I have tried tons of mascaras, and hate the ones that are glumpy and and/or have those fibers - they always come off and land on cheeks or get in eyes. I have had best results with two - a washable one from Rimmel, called "Wow", I put one good coat (I keep applying until it is built up a bit, then comb through with eyelash comb). The other one is Maybelline "Falsies" waterproof (the washable version is NOT good). It adds lengthe and volume, yet is not too hard to remove. Both of these make my eyelashes look like I am wearing false. And they are dirt cheap.
I'm always on the hunt for good mascara so I am going to try the two you have mentioned. Thanks for the info!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2014, 05:31 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,497,441 times
I used to have Extreme Lashes and switched to Younique. I love it! LOL on 4 layers! I use one layer and my lashes look natural, long, full, beautiful and amazing! Everyone has a different touch and their own technique. So, remember that your miles may vary. With this product, less is more. And less is amazing!

By the way, I have a great process down on applying and it doesn't involve opening and closing a lot of mascara tubes. It is really simple.

Also want to add, my lower lashes are really long on their own so I don't use this on them. I use regular mascara on them.

Old 09-02-2014, 06:31 PM

4,927 posts, read 5,315,080 times
Yeah, so I was a bit confused on this so here's the poop scoop on it, although I can't say for sure if this is the mascara up for discussion. Can't say if I would try them as I have sensitive and sometimes watery eyes.

Younique 3D Fiber Lashes, Do they really work?

Application is simple.

Step 1: Apply your mascara
Step 2: Apply Fiber lashes. They go on like mascara with a wand.

3D Fiber Lashes: Do they really work? - MomDot

Old 09-03-2014, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeIsWhere... View Post
Yeah, so I was a bit confused on this so here's the poop scoop on it, although I can't say for sure if this is the mascara up for discussion. Can't say if I would try them as I have sensitive and sometimes watery eyes.

Younique 3D Fiber Lashes, Do they really work?

Application is simple.

Step 1: Apply your mascara
Step 2: Apply Fiber lashes. They go on like mascara with a wand.

3D Fiber Lashes: Do they really work? - MomDot
And then Step 3, apply the Younique mascara again to lock in the fiber lashes. My eyes are sensitive, and I wear contacts, and I do fine with them. Everyone is different though. I use regular eye makeup remover in the evening and they come off easy and I have had no issues.

Old 09-03-2014, 02:27 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,107,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beretta View Post
I used to have Extreme Lashes and switched to Younique. I love it! LOL on 4 layers! I use one layer and my lashes look natural, long, full, beautiful and amazing! Everyone has a different touch and their own technique. So, remember that your miles may vary. With this product, less is more. And less is amazing!

By the way, I have a great process down on applying and it doesn't involve opening and closing a lot of mascara tubes. It is really simple.

Also want to add, my lower lashes are really long on their own so I don't use this on them. I use regular mascara on them.
Got mine in the mail and LOVE it! Really amazing and it doesn't take any longer than applying your mascara.

Technically, it isn't mascara but fiber lashes.

Even though you apply four coats, it is quicker than traditional mascara.

Old 09-05-2014, 12:40 AM

1 posts, read 1,158 times
I have and I like this cosmetic

Old 09-05-2014, 10:22 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,022,110 times
Quote:
LOL on 4 layers! I use one layer and my lashes look natural, long, full, beautiful and amazing!
Quote:
And then Step 3, apply the Younique mascara again to lock in the fiber lashes.
So its not just one layer then...?

Old 09-05-2014, 10:52 AM

15,638 posts, read 26,259,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
https://www.youniqueproducts.com/las...0#.VAnpzxaCeZR

Yes -- according to the directions on their site it's 4 steps. A light coating of your own mascara, a coat of transplant gel to grab the fibers, a coat of fibers while the gel is still wet, and a second coat of transplant gel to lock the fibers down.

Old 09-05-2014, 11:19 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,022,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
https://www.youniqueproducts.com/las...0#.VAnpzxaCeZR

Yes -- according to the directions on their site it's 4 steps. A light coating of your own mascara, a coat of transplant gel to grab the fibers, a coat of fibers while the gel is still wet, and a second coat of transplant gel to lock the fibers down.
So then it is four layers.

Old 09-06-2014, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Only one layer of fibers. That is the "money" layer.

So I never use my own mascara on the top but then again I have really good lashes and don't need to. I use Younique's top coat (transplant gel), then the fibers, then seal it with Younique's "top coat". That's it. (Transplant gel sounds so funny to me)

My bottom lashes are really long so the fibers made them too long and they looked ridiculous so I only use my regular mascara on my bottom lashes.

Everyone should experiment to use the product to the best advantage for them. I lay a Kleenex down on my bathroom counter and open the mascaras and place them on the kleenex, lay out a few q-tips for touch ups go for it. This method makes it easy to switch tubes and doesn't mark up my counter top.

My husband thinks that my lashes with Younique look better than my extensions did and that was time and money consuming. That's saying a lot! The lady that did my extensions was a trainer for the company and very, very good. She had clients that were on Dancing with the Stars so suffice to say I am a Younique fan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty