Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2014, 07:18 AM

6,720 posts, read 8,390,617 times

Advertisements

Hmmmm....where are all the man haters? The way some posters go on about how women are so shallow and hate men, you would think this discussion would be more heated.

The fact is that this thread was only started because so many posts are on CD picking apart women and how they look.

Old 09-04-2014, 07:25 AM

1,935 posts, read 4,777,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
I have heard that rough hands are an issue.
I'm a man, so I really don't know what are general turn-offs for women. I have a few of what many women would probably call "turn-offs", but my wife thinks I'm mad sexy, and in my bachelor years (starting from age 16), I never had trouble getting dates.

She even likes my rough hands. I'm a rock musician (predominantly piano and guitar) and I tend to do most of the heavy / dirty work around the house, so my hands are slightly rough. I often subconsciously try to avoid rubbing her with the roughest parts of my hands and she will specifically request that I use the roughest parts while rubbing her. She claims it's like light scratching, which she enjoys. Hey, whatever. I'm certainly not complaining!

Honestly, from my experience with women, the biggest turn-off is when a man is a jerk. Jerks may get dates but notice how their relationships never last all that long. Even the "baddest" woman out there doesn't want a man who treats her like she's of little importance in his life, like he's embarrassed to be seen with her, or like she's merely an orifice for his physical pleasure.

Old 09-04-2014, 07:37 AM

8,612 posts, read 10,763,632 times
Well said, Romani. LOL my DH is an auto tech and his hands are softer than mine!

Old 09-04-2014, 07:44 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaniGypsy View Post
I'm a man, so I really don't know what are general turn-offs for women. I have a few of what many women would probably call "turn-offs", but my wife thinks I'm mad sexy, and in my bachelor years (starting from age 16), I never had trouble getting dates.

She even likes my rough hands. I'm a rock musician (predominantly piano and guitar) and I tend to do most of the heavy / dirty work around the house, so my hands are slightly rough. I often subconsciously try to avoid rubbing her with the roughest parts of my hands and she will specifically request that I use the roughest parts while rubbing her. She claims it's like light scratching, which she enjoys. Hey, whatever. I'm certainly not complaining!

Honestly, from my experience with women, the biggest turn-off is when a man is a jerk. Jerks may get dates but notice how their relationships never last all that long. Even the "baddest" woman out there doesn't want a man who treats her like she's of little importance in his life, like he's embarrassed to be seen with her, or like she's merely an orifice for his physical pleasure.
Yep, I agree. But I agree with that on all people, not just men.

The Golden Rule.

My fiances hands are softer than mine..... =(

Old 09-04-2014, 07:55 AM

4,565 posts, read 5,419,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
Hmmmm....where are all the man haters? The way some posters go on about how women are so shallow and hate men, you would think this discussion would be more heated.

The fact is that this thread was only started because so many posts are on CD picking apart women and how they look.
This thread is all nice cozy because most of us men dont have body issues and aren't going on about "oh well, I have a overlapping belly because of my anti depression meds and my thyroid issues".

Self confidence is a powerful thing.

Having a flat stomach, visible abs and a "V" shape is as well.

As a guy, I would think that a woman's biggest turnoff would indeed be a big belly. I know my wife is grossed out about it. Also, something that is not really "body" related would be things that fall into the category of personal hygiene/grooming like having long unmanicured fingernails or greasy looking hair. I would imagine those would be huge turnoffs as well.

Old 09-04-2014, 08:07 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
This thread is all nice cozy because most of us men dont have body issues and aren't going on about "oh well, I have a overlapping belly because of my anti depression meds and my thyroid issues".

Self confidence is a powerful thing.

Having a flat stomach, visible abs and a "V" shape is as well.

As a guy, I would think that a woman's biggest turnoff would indeed be a big belly. I know my wife is grossed out about it. Also, something that is not really "body" related would be things that fall into the category of personal hygiene/grooming like having long unmanicured fingernails or greasy looking hair. I would imagine those would be huge turnoffs as well.
This is absolutely not the truth. Most men do not have perfect bodies.

Also, just because your wife doesn't like a belly, does not mean that she accounts for what a womans biggest turnoff is.

Old 09-04-2014, 08:11 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,650,004 times
I often wonder what the hell my wife see's in me...LOL I joke with her and tell her she must be blind or something. I fit the big belly, MB profile. I do have wide shoulders so basically I'm shaped like an upside down pear. And she is all of about 102 and still has some ab definition at the age of 46.

I do try to dress nice, groom on a regular basis, and shower a couple times a day.

I would think that I've got two of what would be women's biggest turn off's though.

Old 09-04-2014, 08:13 AM

4,565 posts, read 5,419,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
This is absolutely not the truth. Most men do not have perfect bodies..
I know. We know. Thing is, men aren't going to get upset and angry and feel all "fat shamed" if someone says they don't like the kind of bodies we have. THAT is why there aren't any angry/upset/hurt men posting here. Me? My body is not perfect, but its better than the majority of men I come across each day here in Los Angeles. Im fit. Have visible abs, and that "V" shape that I mentioned. Its what happens when you take care of yourself, eat right and exercise daily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
Also, just because your wife doesn't like a belly, does not mean that she accounts for what a womans biggest turnoff is.
Same thing goes for what every single woman on this thread says about what THEIR biggest turnoff in a mans body is. Im just answer for my wife who without a doubt would say that a big fat belly IS her biggest turnoff in a man. No one likes fat bellies and I know that is her #1 biggest turnoff - big belly.

Old 09-04-2014, 08:17 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,962,522 times
I think rough hands are awesome. It proves the man works for a living

Old 09-04-2014, 08:37 AM

2,827 posts, read 4,341,960 times
I was talking to an elderly man at the gym recently, and there was a strong smell coming from his direction. It's hard to describe.... not like from bad underarm hygiene or garlic breath, etc.,... but more from just all over. It was definitely tough to take! Any ideas?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty