Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2014, 04:32 PM

50,366 posts, read 63,948,892 times

Advertisements

Ok, so they have this 50-something woman dancing around in tight pants. Does this make you want to go to Chico's to buy clothes because you want to be a cougar, too?
Not me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2014, 04:44 PM

24,100 posts, read 32,460,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Ok, so they have this 50-something woman dancing around in tight pants. Does this make you want to go to Chico's to buy clothes because you want to be a cougar, too?
Not me.

Not me either, gentlehearts. I did go to a Chico's once, and I found the clothes to mostly be too flmboyant and voluminous for my taste and diminutive size.They also have a strange sizing system. The smallest, a zero seems to be like an eight, which is too large for me.

Which leaves me wondering - is their target market larger women? Are they a store for plus sized women who don't want to admit it, but have a lot of cash to spend?

I am *not* implying that an eight is anywhere near a "plus size". But the "zero" is larger than a four. Which is strange.

Not a fan of the sill ads - or the clothes. They also don't cater to anyone under 5'7".

They look more "eccentric grandma " than they do "cougar" IMO. For real "cougar wear", check our Chahe. Grrrrrrr.

Old 09-08-2014, 04:53 PM

3,863 posts, read 6,295,535 times
I agree about the styles; way too much for me. But the model is really cute. I may be...just a little...jealous.

I always tell my hubby if anything happens to him, the first thing I'm doing is cutting my hair like that. I love it.

Old 09-08-2014, 08:08 PM

22,584 posts, read 47,649,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
They also have a strange sizing system. The smallest, a zero seems to be like an eight, which is too large for me.
Actually their 0 is a 4/6.

They go from 000 (size 0) to 4 (size 20).

Old 09-10-2014, 06:36 PM

1,764 posts, read 1,671,958 times
I think I've seen their model in ads and the commercial dancing. It's ok I'm not sure why she is dancing because the clothes aren't that exciting.

The first time I walked into a Chicos store I couldn't figure out who they were making clothes for and what time period it was ? Really werid. I felt a little like I stepped back into the 80s with the exaggerated embellishing and cheaply done and a little bit of Lane Bryant boring clothing too. I think they're prices are really high and don't really see the quality to reflect these prices.

I've heard that alot of women like the clothing because they can mix & match and it's easy to put outfits together.

Old 09-10-2014, 06:43 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,388,075 times
My almost seventy year old mom lives chicos. Enough said.

I will say my mom always looks very well put together and they flatter her.

Old 09-11-2014, 08:13 AM

301 posts, read 823,552 times
They do have smaller sizes, as Pitt Chick points out. I believe the target customer is the 35/40+ woman. The model with the short blonde hair (yup, sirron, I love her hair, too!) is a retired ballet dancer. I like their styles and patterns - I love their jewelry. I have good luck with the quality of their clothes, especially their Zenergy line and their sizing is very consistent.

Old 09-11-2014, 08:49 AM

559 posts, read 1,394,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Not me either, gentlehearts. I did go to a Chico's once, and I found the clothes to mostly be too flmboyant and voluminous for my taste and diminutive size.They also have a strange sizing system. The smallest, a zero seems to be like an eight, which is too large for me.

Which leaves me wondering - is their target market larger women? Are they a store for plus sized women who don't want to admit it, but have a lot of cash to spend?

I am *not* implying that an eight is anywhere near a "plus size". But the "zero" is larger than a four. Which is strange.

Not a fan of the sill ads - or the clothes. They also don't cater to anyone under 5'7".

They look more "eccentric grandma " than they do "cougar" IMO. For real "cougar wear", check our Chahe. Grrrrrrr.
Cache? I like some of their clothes.

I don't think I've seen the Chico's ad that the OP mentions.

I went in Chico's once with my mom. I think she tried on some clothes. I don't remember if she bought anything. She doesn't go in there anymore though. When we go to the mall she walks past Chico's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty