Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 10:43 AM

184 posts, read 702,872 times

Advertisements

having long limbs, a short torso, b cups, noteworthy hips and respectable glutes on an overall slender frame makes clothes shopping a super fun experience. bras tend to not fit quite right because of my short torso. pants are almost always too short if they fit my hips. form-fitting shirts rarely fit my small breasted form, and long sleeves are annoyingly short.

i've learned to do a lot of thrift shopping and make a lot of alterations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2011, 07:49 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,086,869 times
This thread is exactly why I dont go clothes shopping anymore at regular stores . I go thrift all the way , that and Im cheap and will never pay full price for anything ever again . I got a beautiful wool coat for 3.00 and the coat was orginally 79.00 . Goodwill all the way . Also I always buy a size bigger than I think I am that way I dont have to worry about it fitting next season . I cannot sew I never have been able to even with classes nope dummy here I guess . I mostly dont have the time to sit at a sewing machine either or patience for it . Anyways what is wrong with shopping goodwill and saving money and not adding to the landfill ? I know some folks think it is only poor folks who go to the goodwill . Im also very tall for a woman so nothing fits in the dept stores and they charge too much anyways like I said Im cheap .

Old 11-05-2011, 02:13 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,746,361 times
Many companies will use different vendors to make the same pant which is why there is such a difference in sizes.

For me this year I am just hating the styles. I can't find anything that fits and I like. The clothes out there are either TOO young or TOO old. Nothing that looks good for late 30's....

Old 11-06-2011, 10:21 AM

3,516 posts, read 6,782,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
This thread is exactly why I dont go clothes shopping anymore at regular stores . I go thrift all the way , that and Im cheap and will never pay full price for anything ever again . I got a beautiful wool coat for 3.00 and the coat was orginally 79.00 . Goodwill all the way . Also I always buy a size bigger than I think I am that way I dont have to worry about it fitting next season . I cannot sew I never have been able to even with classes nope dummy here I guess . I mostly dont have the time to sit at a sewing machine either or patience for it . Anyways what is wrong with shopping goodwill and saving money and not adding to the landfill ? I know some folks think it is only poor folks who go to the goodwill . Im also very tall for a woman so nothing fits in the dept stores and they charge too much anyways like I said Im cheap .
Wait, so you always anticipate going up a size year after year? Maybe you should take the money you save on clothing and buy a gym membership because that is the craziest outlook on your health and fitness I have ever heard. You are constantly getting fatter and wearing baggy clothes along the way.

Old 11-06-2011, 10:25 AM

3,516 posts, read 6,782,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Many companies will use different vendors to make the same pant which is why there is such a difference in sizes.

For me this year I am just hating the styles. I can't find anything that fits and I like. The clothes out there are either TOO young or TOO old. Nothing that looks good for late 30's....
I've never quite understood assigning an age to clothing. I mean, I guess wearing a shirt covered in stars and hearts and a sassy neon phrase would be too young, but how does a certain cut of clothing make you look old or young?

Old 11-07-2011, 09:51 AM

5,014 posts, read 6,603,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post

Try the CAbi line. you can see the collection at cabionline.com

Old 11-07-2011, 10:43 AM

1,051 posts, read 2,474,103 times
I didn't read most of the posts in this thread, but buying women's pants is so frustrating. I am short too, 5'0", and I also have scoliosis so it's hard finding pants that you won't be able to tell are different leg sizes.

In Target I am a size 8, or medium, while at Kohls I am a size 6. My least favorite pants are jeans, I hate wearing them and how they bunch up and make me look like a whale when I sit down. Khaki's and cargo pants aren't as bad. I just bought a pair of petite pants at Boscov's two weeks ago, and i wore them to work this past Friday. My gosh were they short! They were nearly flood pants - and because my hips are a little uh...crooked, the one leg was even higher than the other! They were almost capris jk! But I'll probably only wear them in the summer.

There isn't much of a problem buying shirts for me, but I like buying 1 size up for comfort. I could fit into smalls but I always buy mediums. The only work pants that I like buying are from New York & Co., because when they say "petite" it seriously means petite instead of floodpants! I have 3 pairs of their work pants and they are very nicely made and fit great. There IS always the problem of different size pant legs but that is my fault, not the brand

Old 11-07-2011, 02:47 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,086,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Wait, so you always anticipate going up a size year after year? Maybe you should take the money you save on clothing and buy a gym membership because that is the craziest outlook on your health and fitness I have ever heard. You are constantly getting fatter and wearing baggy clothes along the way.
Wow how rude!!! did you read im rather tall ? Im 5'11 and 125 so maybe it would be better for you to stop typing and read before you do so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty