Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2014, 01:46 PM

2,898 posts, read 6,350,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Thats really not a "huge" size.
That's completely subjective. As was already said many times, I temporarily need shoes 1-1/2 to 2 sizes larger to accommodate the orthotics. That's huge to me. I'm guessing you wear a large size so felt offended?

Quote:
They were discounted because they are out of style, and it was a second hand store.
Well, you're certainly in a surly mood today... or are you normally disagreeable? They looked unworn & I think they're cute. In any event, they work for now. Why are you commenting?

Quote:
Is there multiple Zara shoe brands? The one I know is no where near that expensive, and the shoes are usually around $100.
Are there multiple Zara brands? Who knows, but I looked them up online & all their shoes were several hundred. If you've found them for $100, good work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2014, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
Are those actually women's shoes? they sure look like a man's loafer to me. Doesn't matter what I think though, as long as the purchaser likes them.
All loafers look like men's shoes to me, but they're comfy, new, cheap, well made & I just need them temporarily 'til my foot heels.

Why did you feel the need to comment? I only updated the post for others who may be needing orthotics for a foot injury... a couple have DM'd me.

Old 09-30-2014, 06:31 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,167,759 times
Women's Shoes | Orthotic-Friendly | OnlineShoes.com

Drew makes shoes to accommodate orthotics. Footsmart, as mentioned in a previous post is a good resource for people with foot problems. They carry some of the Drew shoes.

If you have a comfort shoe store in your area, I'd pay them a visit with your new orthotics.

You will not be able to get the same style options using an orthotic as you have before. I have worn "comfort shoes" for almost 2 decades now. I put orthotics into many of my shoes. With limitations along these lines, you simply won't have as many options. I wish it were not true.

I often buy at Zappos, myself. But I've bought quite a few orthotic appliances at Footsmart.

Old 09-30-2014, 10:18 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatanjaliTwist View Post
That's completely subjective. As was already said many times, I temporarily need shoes 1-1/2 to 2 sizes larger to accommodate the orthotics. That's huge to me. I'm guessing you wear a large size so felt offended?

V

Well, you're certainly in a surly mood today... or are you normally disagreeable? They looked unworn & I think they're cute. In any event, they work for now. Why are you commenting?

Are there multiple Zara brands? Who knows, but I looked them up online & all their shoes were several hundred. If you've found them for $100, good work.
Really? I've got a Zara store nearby and typical shoes are $80-$120 depending in construction. They aim to be "affordable" if it is the same as the Spanish brand.

Old 10-01-2014, 12:56 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,024,982 times
Quote:
No, I do not wear a "large" size. I just dislike body snarking and really didn't see the reason for you to call other women's shoe size as being huge, or I think you even called them boats. The average shoe size for women is 8.5-9. I get that you have smaller feet, I just don't get the reason to insult others.

Quote:
What? You even said they weren't in style. And you admitted to getting them at a second hand store. I was just pointing out that that was the reason they were cheaper. It wasn't because they were a size 9, the average woman's shoe size.

Quote:
I'm guessing there are not multiple shoe companies with the same name. Their website lists most of their shoes at just around $100, with a lot of their shoes being even cheaper. Whatever website is listing them for 2x as much ( or 6x as much since you said $600 in another post) is ripping their customers off.

I was just saying that they are A LOT CHEAPER then you originally thought so that you could check out other shoes of theirs if you like the one pair. Looking at their website, they have a number of cute flats. And they all seem to have a pretty high back, which you said you were looking for.

Shoes - Women | ZARA United States

Old 10-01-2014, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
Women's Shoes | Orthotic-Friendly | OnlineShoes.com

Drew makes shoes to accommodate orthotics. Footsmart, as mentioned in a previous post is a good resource for people with foot problems. They carry some of the Drew shoes.

If you have a comfort shoe store in your area, I'd pay them a visit with your new orthotics.

You will not be able to get the same style options using an orthotic as you have before. I have worn "comfort shoes" for almost 2 decades now. I put orthotics into many of my shoes. With limitations along these lines, you simply won't have as many options. I wish it were not true.

I often buy at Zappos, myself. But I've bought quite a few orthotic appliances at Footsmart.
I think I'm set for now Silibran, thanks. But, I'll keep your suggestions in mind should I need future pairs.

I don't need a whole wardrobe of shoes... just a pair to get me by for a few months. And, even without orthotics, I always have to try a vast number of shoes to find a comfy pair, so online purchasing, which I tried a few times & it didn't work out, is something I'll bypass.

Old 10-01-2014, 06:27 AM

Quote:
No, I do not wear a "large" size. I just dislike body snarking and really didn't see the reason for you to call other women's shoe size as being huge, or I think you even called them boats. The average shoe size for women is 8.5-9. I get that you have smaller feet, I just don't get the reason to insult others.
Gee, are you still here? You need to have a little lie down & are taking offense due to your own personal issues. I didn't insult anyone... it was the other way 'round, in fact. You're accusing me of things you've imagined. I said the shoes were huge... they are & that's subjective. And, have a sense of humor. My mum & sisters wear size 5. They chide me all the time about having size 6.5-7.5 gunboats for feet... I don't take it as an insult & it's never said as such. What I said was tongue in cheek, but humor isn't a strong point with you & you choose not to see it... it's your decision to read something 'snarking' (???) into it.

Quote:
What? You even said they weren't in style. And you admitted to getting them at a second hand store. I was just pointing out that that was the reason they were cheaper. It wasn't because they were a size 9, the average woman's shoe size.
Oh, boy. It's obvious why they were cheaper & it doesn't bear repeating over & over on your part. BTW, size 7 has long been said to be the average American women's shoe size. Again, you've misquoted, but I'll let you sort it out. The store clerk said they were out of season, not me... I think they're cute & couldn't care less about the shoe company details. Why do you keep reiterating what's already been said? You're unpleasant & contributing nothing to the thread, so please stop.

Quote:
I'm guessing there are not multiple shoe companies with the same name. Their website lists most of their shoes at just around $100, with a lot of their shoes being even cheaper. Whatever website is listing them for 2x as much ( or 6x as much since you said $600 in another post) is ripping their customers off.
Haha. Once again, the clerk told me the original price & I've no interest in what they originally cost. I never heard of the brand. You certainly are disagreeable... must be a bleedin' joy to be around you. Are you done now, sad poster? Now, go trample on someone in the Retirement Forum... they love to gang up on & chew apart those who disagree. Have fun & stop commenting... we already got your point... 'kay?

Old 10-01-2014, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Gee, are you still here? You need to have a little lie down & are taking offense due to your own personal issues. I didn't insult anyone... it was the other way 'round, in fact. You're accusing me of things you've imagined. I said the shoes were huge... they are & that's subjective. And, have a sense of humor. My mum & sisters wear size 5. They chide me all the time about having size 6.5-7.5 gunboats for feet... I don't take it as an insult & it's never said as such. What I said was tongue in cheek, but humor isn't a strong point with you & you choose not to see it... it's your decision to read something 'snarking' (???) into it.

Oh, boy. It's obvious why they were cheaper & it doesn't bear repeating over & over on your part. BTW, size 7 has long been said to be the average American women's shoe size. Again, you've misquoted, but I'll let you sort it out. The store clerk said they were out of season, not me... I think they're cute & couldn't care less about the shoe company details. Why do you keep reiterating what's already been said? You're unpleasant & contributing nothing to the thread, so please stop.

Haha. Once again, the clerk told me the original price & I've no interest in what they originally cost. I never heard of the brand. You certainly are disagreeable... must be a bleedin' joy to be around you. Are you done now, sad poster? Now, go trample on someone in the Retirement Forum... they love to gang up on & chew apart those who disagree. Have fun & stop commenting... we already got your point... 'kay?
Seems like your the one who took offense to what I said. Not sure why your getting your panties in a twist over what I said. YOU posted on a message board asking for help, and then you are rude to those who make suggestions to you? Sorry for offering you a suggestion...

Old 10-01-2014, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Seems like your the one who took offense to what I said. Not sure why your getting your panties in a twist over what I said.
No, my Patanjalis are in a Twist. And, yes, I get that you don't get it.

Quote:
YOU posted on a message board asking for help, and then you are rude to those who make suggestions to you? Sorry for offering you a suggestion...
I was rude to no one, it was the other way 'round on your part & you offered no suggestion at all... only passive aggressive commentary about big feet. Can you be done now... your continual repetition adds nothing to a thread that ended with thank-you's to those who replied posts ago. We're done here, dude.

Old 10-01-2014, 08:43 PM

Quote:
I was rude to no one, it was the other way 'round on your part & you offered no suggestion at all... only passive aggressive commentary about big feet. Can you be done now... your continual repetition adds nothing to a thread that ended with thank-you's to those who replied posts ago. We're done here, dude.
I don't know... Telling me I had personal issues... That I'm unpleasant... Bleeding joy to be around.. Sad.. All because I pointed out that your shoes probably aren't $600... Yeah you're not rude at all.

But thanks for the rep
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty