Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2014, 12:45 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,834,641 times

Advertisements

Im still wearing Shorts.... I am not bothered by the cold as long as I have a sweatshirt or a coat on (I do not like long pants mostly because I cant find anything that feels that good now so I would rather wear my shorts which feel fine)

Temps are in the 30s now most days.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2014, 12:57 AM

14,539 posts, read 21,254,017 times
Lined winter boots. Heavy duty thermal pants (military style) and ordered another pair. Warm jacket. Heater usually not turned on it on and will stay on. Supposed to have a snow storm tomorrow. Not getting above freezing for some three days.

Fall came and visited and took off early. I'm going through my stashed clothes for warm things. Still have to line the pipes under the sink in hopes of no problems.

The leaves on my trees still have some green leaves on them and the rest just starting to turn. Poor tomato plants bit the dust already.

Hunkering down for winter already. Fashion is not being cold.

Old 11-17-2014, 06:02 AM

4,229 posts, read 6,905,580 times
Been buying lots of sweaters lately - lots and lots of sweaters - I always wear lots of sweaters this time of year haha. You can layer them with an oxford or over a tshirt and pair them with jeans, cords, shorts, chinos, etc. Very versatile.

This past weekend I wore:

Saturday - olive green skinny cords, red white and blue winter weight oxford, winter-weight patterened socks, leather and suede boots, steel blue hooded puffer jacket, khaki and olive green marled slouch beanie

Sunday - dark denim jeans, new aldo winter boots, red and blue plaid light weight oxford, mustard yellow thick knitted sweater, red slouch beanie, dark blue military jacket, black and gold wayfarer sunglasses

Old 11-17-2014, 06:45 AM

4,475 posts, read 6,684,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiecta View Post
Been buying lots of sweaters lately - lots and lots of sweaters - I always wear lots of sweaters this time of year haha. You can layer them with an oxford or over a tshirt and pair them with jeans, cords, shorts, chinos, etc. Very versatile.

This past weekend I wore:

Saturday - olive green skinny cords, red white and blue winter weight oxford, winter-weight patterened socks, leather and suede boots, steel blue hooded puffer jacket, khaki and olive green marled slouch beanie

Sunday - dark denim jeans, new aldo winter boots, red and blue plaid light weight oxford, mustard yellow thick knitted sweater, red slouch beanie, dark blue military jacket, black and gold wayfarer sunglasses
Uhhh so what are you going to wear when it actually gets cold?

Old 11-17-2014, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
Uhhh so what are you going to wear when it actually gets cold?
What do you mean?

This past weekend was actually pretty cold for where I live. I'm in the Carolinas and we were around 20 and windy each night and I had a 1 mile walk home after going out each night. That's well below average for this time of year here and I was warm enough wearing what I just described /shrug. I think that was pretty appropriate layering considering the temperatures...I don't really get much more layered up than that unless it is single digits or less but that is rare for where I live.

Old 11-19-2014, 06:16 AM

4,475 posts, read 6,684,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiecta View Post
What do you mean?

This past weekend was actually pretty cold for where I live. I'm in the Carolinas and we were around 20 and windy each night and I had a 1 mile walk home after going out each night. That's well below average for this time of year here and I was warm enough wearing what I just described /shrug. I think that was pretty appropriate layering considering the temperatures...I don't really get much more layered up than that unless it is single digits or less but that is rare for where I live.
The temp for your area when you posted that was in the 40s while we were in the upper teens but you answered the question at the end. Thats just me though; i dont wear arctic gear when it drops to the 40s or around there as i'll have nothing helpful when it drops down to single digits.

I laugh when i see people around here wearing thick winter coats and gloves/mittens at around 50-60F.

Old 11-19-2014, 07:45 AM

5,624 posts, read 6,842,850 times
yesterday was leggings with jean skirt and 3 shirts.

today is khaki skirt with sweater.

Old 11-19-2014, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
The temp for your area when you posted that was in the 40s while we were in the upper teens but you answered the question at the end. Thats just me though; i dont wear arctic gear when it drops to the 40s or around there as i'll have nothing helpful when it drops down to single digits.

I laugh when i see people around here wearing thick winter coats and gloves/mittens at around 50-60F.
It probably was in the 40s when I posted that, but i was talking about the previous weekend where the temperature on my porch was reading 20 and we had 5-15mph winds that night and I was walking 1 mile.

I also don't consider any of that arctic gear at all though. I am currently working on one of our construction sites and I have a totally different set of much warmer clothes when I have to be outside all day or up on a windy roof with no buffer when it is cold vs out walking here and there restaurant and bar hopping.

For Saturday, I only had an oxford (no undershirt, no sweater) and a puffer. Not my heaviest winter jacket and I had no scarf or gloves either. Sunday was a bit colder and windier so I added a sweater but went with a mid-weight military jacket that isn't as warm as the puffer. I am from NY originally, so I don't consider anything I wore this weekend to be 'arctic' gear. Just 20F and windy gear.

However, everyone has different sensitivities to hot and cold, so I don't laugh or get confused when some people are bundled up at 50 and other people wait until 10 to get bundled up. People are just different.

Old 11-19-2014, 10:23 AM

5,624 posts, read 6,842,850 times
changed my mind- lol. Khaki Skirt with blue legging and blue shirt with brown ugg type boots.

Old 11-19-2014, 11:59 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,204,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post
changed my mind- lol. Khaki Skirt with blue legging and blue shirt with brown ugg type boots.
Are you maximizing time indoors due to frigid conditions.

Weather History for Cincinnati, OH | Weather Underground

Yesterday was frigid here. I wore a hooded wool lined sherpa, brown sweater, and t shirt on top with jeans + sneakers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty