Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2014, 11:02 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,597,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by high iron View Post
I'm OK with females in the 6-7 range as long as they are young, and their fat deposits have that firm, bouncy, fit, youthful tone and quality.
lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2014, 11:03 AM

7,776 posts, read 12,440,513 times
Talk show host Ricki Lake says when she was overweight she did not realize she was. I can't recall exactly when she did recognize it, but I heard her talk about it once. I don't know if she is still on the air, but I always thought it odd for someone to be overweight and not know it. I thought she was obviously fat.

Old 09-26-2014, 11:04 AM

11,495 posts, read 26,868,439 times
I think it's interesting that some overweight people can recognize overweight in others but not in themselves. My husband and my mother are like that...they both refer to themselves as thin, healthy weight, normal weight, etc. but they're each about 30 lbs over what the doctor would consider healthy.

Old 09-26-2014, 11:27 AM

31,035 posts, read 22,064,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
K. Kardashian is a 5, but with a smaller waist. Men go crazy over her. A 5 can package herself to feature her chest and minimize the thick waist, and men would go for that. Any extra weight above 5, though, is hard to disguise and make acceptable-looking.
Yeah, its really about proportion, and all of those images are proportional.

Old 09-26-2014, 11:36 AM

352 posts, read 324,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
I've noticed mostly black men tend to crazy over Kim... the white guys I've talked to think she's fat.
White guys, in general, prefer much thinner women. Kim (and Nicki Minaj) is the ultimate example of that, most white guys think she's ugly or her butt is too big while most non-whites love her...unfortunately her personality is so toxic and everything about her so objectionable that it's hard to really enjoy her for her looks.

To me, 1 and 2 are too skinny, 3 and 4 are good if they have some kind of curves, but I generally go for 5s and 6s...the woman I'm engaged to is probably a 5.5 right now. In my single days I could get pretty much any woman I wanted, but I usually gravitated towards those who had big chests and butts. I would go for a girl who was slightly chubby over one who was in great shape if the chubby one had a bigger cup size (all else being equal of course, I don't judge solely on cup size obviously).

Old 09-26-2014, 11:37 AM

189 posts, read 275,759 times
I think most heavy people know that they're overweight, but don't realize HOW overweight they are. Not only can what you see in the mirror (and your emotional reaction to it) vary based on your mood, the kind of day you've had, lighting, how you're dressed, etc., but of course you've constantly got *considerate* folks telling you that you're not that heavy, etc.

I think many of us also tend to compare ourselves favorably against those who maybe don't present themselves as well... folks who walk around showing their stomach and their a**crack, wear sweatsuits or stained, moth-eaten t-shirts everywhere, etc. We look at that and think THAT is what people are talking about when they complain about fat people.

Bottom line: conventionally unattractive folks have to take their little doses of self-esteem where they can get them, 'cause society is sure not in any hurry to dish it out.

Old 09-26-2014, 11:53 AM

1,035 posts, read 2,060,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonyT View Post
I think most heavy people know that they're overweight, but don't realize HOW overweight they are. Not only can what you see in the mirror (and your emotional reaction to it) vary based on your mood, the kind of day you've had, lighting, how you're dressed, etc., but of course you've constantly got *considerate* folks telling you that you're not that heavy, etc.

I decided I was getting overweight based on the simple fact that I knew what my body was like healthy and fit and realized one day that I wasn't fitting into my clothes properly and that most of my muscle was gone. When my six pack went flat, that was pretty much it.

Those are objective measures I could trust because as you said, trying to just go by how "fat" you look at any given moment or what others say isn't all that great. The world is full of funhouse mirrors, including your eyeballs.

Old 09-26-2014, 02:43 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,891,953 times
1 looks like a health concern, 2-3 look like many women, 4 is what most should shoot for.

5-7 is definitely showing sodas and other empty calories and anything after that is basically a case of denial + I don't care. Anything over 4 shows a lack of any real activity. Some in the 5 range mightt be able to run and do other physical activities.

Women who think their butts to be too skinny are most likely fine while those who think their butts are just right are in the thick and fat area. Who should be honest with them?

Kim K couldn't wear my pants and I would surely swim in hers as her thighs are bigger around than my waist. I would love to see real life measurements of her in that nude colored dress as she is but a fat slob in it in my eyes. She might have a tiny waist - not - but carries another woman's weight around with her on her azz, legs and chest. Is her true weight reported anywhere? She is over the 150 mark, easily. If she has a liposuction procedure they will suck out pure fat and if not that, lumpy gravy.

I was married to a 5.5, engaged to a 3 and lived with a 6' tall 5 for a long time; her height made her more of a 4.5.
I have only gone out with one woman in the 6+ range and would never do so again. 5 is my limit.
The guy in my basement claims I like skin and bone women because I don't go gaga over those who might wear a pair of 5 gal buckets for a bra. 40# breasts are wholly unattractive. A back porch large enough for me to sit on doesn't do it for me, either.

Old 09-26-2014, 03:17 PM

4,563 posts, read 5,416,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
Kim K couldn't wear my pants and I would surely swim in hers as her thighs are bigger around than my waist. I would love to see real life measurements of her in that nude colored dress as she is but a fat slob in it in my eyes.
You think she looks like (in your words) a "fat slob" in that brown/tan dress? Really? My guess is you arent looking at her just for her body but instead are looking through "hater goggles". LOL. If you call her from how she looks in that pic a "fat slob", I shudder to think what type of horrible words you use to describe women like Adele or or the fat chick from that "Girls" show on HBO who are actually obese.

Quote:
She might have a tiny waist - not - but carries another woman's weight around with her on her azz, legs and chest. Is her true weight reported anywhere? She is over the 150 mark, easily.
No way she is 150 lbs. According to the ITF (International Tennis Federation) which oversees the professional tennis circuit (including Wimbleton, French Open and US Open) they list Serena Williams as being 150lbs at 5' 9" tall. I believe this to be extremely accurate because sports organizations like very closely monitor the height and weight of its athletes as well as test for performance enhancing drugs by its physicians. They dont "make up" weight and they dont go by "from what I can see" in guesstimating weights either. So, if Serena Williams is 5' 9" 150 lbs, then tiny Kim Kardashian who is barely over 5' 2" with her tiny waist is more than likely 120 lbs give or take 5 lbs. As someone who has seen her regularly over the years, and have seen her at the gym, I can honestly say that she is TINY but with curves and is NO WAY near 150 lbs.

Quote:
The guy in my basement claims I like skin and bone women because I don't go gaga over those who might wear a pair of 5 gal buckets for a bra. 40# breasts are wholly unattractive.
I agree with you on this. I am not a fan of the big giant breasts. If she's a "D" cup its best she doesnt measure more than 34".

Old 09-26-2014, 03:24 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,597,926 times
How did this topic turn into a KK topic? Anyways, beauty is in the eye of the beholder right? Thin or overweight...different strokes for different folks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty