Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2014, 04:52 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,843,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusyMeAK View Post
Why you think she was sexy? Beautiful doesn't necessarily mean sexy. She was old, well-preserved, sportive, but sexy? No way, except maybe for 80-y-o with dementia. And of course she had zero possibility of someone hitting on her on campus where students are young and professors are scared of being accused of misbehaving and losing their positions.

All this doesn't make them sexy. If they are attractive to their partners, it's love. Sexy is a wink in the eye, a liquid body movement, a tiny free gesture, a smell of youth and promise, readiness for adventure, carelessness, ... etc. This all mostly disappears by 35, but many still have little pieces of youthfulness inside and can show it to the right person; by 45 almost always everything is gone.
Again, I don't know how old you are, but you sound very young and/or incredibly two-dimensional. I'm guessing the former, because it seems you simply haven't experienced enough of life. Quite frankly, I don't know how else to respond to such a lack of imagination and insight.

But I always say that ANY poster who feels the need to comment on the physical attractiveness or "sexiness" of other people should be required to post pics of themselves (in fact, they should feel an obligation to). I look forward to seeing your pictures and being able to measure how "sexy" you are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2014, 06:06 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktravern View Post
30 post in one day!! Waaay too much time on your hands.
And I didnt ask for the reasons you love your husband. I dont care. I just noted how seem rocked by the impulse to bring his name up as much as possible as if you idol worship the guy. Let the poor guy breathe
I think it's pretty strange that you're so fixated on my relationship with my husband. Yuck. Stop it.

Thirty posts in one day isn't difficult for someone who thinks and types fast, and who has an ankle injury and doctor's orders to stay off their foot as much as possible. But I do think it's sort of weird and creepy for you to be keeping track of the number of posts I make.

Oh, and since I only have to spend about 30 seconds a day messing with my hair, that gives me even more time to post on C-D.

Old 10-07-2014, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
QUOTE=rhiannon67;36778236]Forgive my bluntness here, but you make it sound like we all ought just sew it up and call it a done deal
Im considering a burka myself..[/quote]

Hey, if all of us 40 plus women start wearing burkas, it won't even matter what hairstyles we have!

Old 10-07-2014, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Why you think she was sexy? Beautiful doesn't necessarily mean sexy. She was old, well-preserved, sportive, but sexy? No way, except maybe for 80-y-o with dementia. And of course she had zero possibility of someone hitting on her on campus where students are young and professors are scared of being accused of misbehaving and losing their positions.
Yeah, I just bet that's why she was swimming at that pool - so she'd get hit on by students and professors. Uhhhh, NOT. I think it's laughable that you'd even consider that a possibility. If you only knew how repulsed most older women are by the very idea of being hit on (or God forbid, having sex with) a college age kid, you'd stop talking this nonsense!

Quote:
All this doesn't make them sexy. If they are attractive to their partners, it's love. Sexy is a wink in the eye, a liquid body movement, a tiny free gesture, a smell of youth and promise, readiness for adventure, carelessness, ... etc. This all mostly disappears by 35, but many still have little pieces of youthfulness inside and can show it to the right person; by 45 almost always everything is gone.
Oh, the naivete of youth. You really don't have a clue about a whoooooole lotta stuff! Please save this post in a folder somewhere so you can look back on it when you're about 50 and blush with embarrassment.

Old 10-07-2014, 06:36 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,843,905 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Oh, the naivete of youth. You really don't have a clue about a whoooooole lotta stuff! Please save this post in a folder somewhere so you can look back on it when you're about 50 and blush with embarrassment.

Yep. Guaranteed!

Old 10-07-2014, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post

Yep. Guaranteed!
Oh, and he needs to also be sure to show it to his wife when she hits 36 too. It will probably be a very effective form of birth control for both of them.

Old 10-07-2014, 07:57 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Says who, your boyfriend?
THe majority of men do not find short hair on a woman attractive and we often grumble when a woman we found attractive chops off her locks.
Did I miss a vote electing you spokesman for the majority of men?

Quote:
Kathryn Aragon, why are you so determined to look like a male? I seriously curious
If your only tip-off to someone's gender is hair length you should consider having an eye exam

Old 10-07-2014, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Did I miss a vote electing you spokesman for the majority of men?

If your only tip-off to someone's gender is hair length you should consider having an eye exam

"I seriously curious" why this particular poster seems to be so hostile and antagonistic about the whole topic of women with short hair. In addition to the eye exam, I would encourage him to also schedule an appointment with a psychologist.

Old 10-07-2014, 08:25 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
"I seriously curious" why this particular poster seems to be so hostile and antagonistic about the whole topic of women with short hair. In addition to the eye exam, I would encourage him to also schedule an appointment with a psychologist.
Personally, I find women most attractive when they're happy with themselves and their appearance, long hair, short hair, or bald, and are fully engaged in life and its enjoyment.

I've never for a minute believed Dylan Thomas's "Do not go gentle into that good night" applied only to men.

Old 10-07-2014, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Personally, I find women most attractive when they're happy with themselves and their appearance, long hair, short hair, or bald, and are fully engaged in life and its enjoyment.

I've never for a minute believed Dylan Thomas's "Do not go gentle into that good night" applied only to men.
That's one of my favorite poems!

"Fight, fight against the dying of the light!"

We all age - if we're lucky. As we age and mature, our priorities, interests, and opinions change, if we're emotionally healthy that is. Our lives become enriched and filled with more nuances and experiences, as well as wisdom. We become more comfortable with and more appreciative of talents and character that transcend physical attributes.

We also become a lot less concerned with what other people think of our choices, ESPECIALLY people who are so shallow that they actually think we care about whether or not they consider us sexy or attractive. Our lives move far past that point. It's not that being attractive isn't important anymore - it's just that it isn't THE most important thing in our very full lives. We find that balance and that comfort about ourselves. It's called self confidence and it's one of the most attractive traits in anyone, regardless of age.

This reminds me of something my dad told me about ten years ago. He's always been a well dressed and well groomed man, who has also maintained himself well physically. One day he was working in the yard, and was all hot and sweaty and needed something from the hardware store. He just jumped in his truck and took off, and it wasn't until he was standing in the checkout line that he realized, "Wow, I look like hell - I'm wearing shorts, and SOCKS and my skinny white legs are shining like neon lights... I look like an OLD FART!" and then, he told me, he realized that HE DIDN'T CARE. He didn't care what strangers in the hardware store thought of him or his clothes. In fact, he didn't care if he saw someone he knew,and he didn't care if they thought he looked like an old fart. This was seriously a moment of revelation - and freedom - to him. He was busy doing something he loved, and he felt great, and his life was full and happy, and his loving wife was waiting for him at home, and he just didn't care what anyone else thought.

He's a happy man, and I'm glad he raised me to be as happy as he is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty