Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2016, 04:21 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times

Advertisements

I've never liked two-pieces on me at any weight. My build is not one that's flattered by a two-piece, regardless of weight, it's too disproportionate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2016, 10:31 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,784,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Ummm. I'm guessing you realize that he was hitting on you and wanted you to look.

Yeah, and it was weird. I was kind of feeling around in the surf for a seashell that might be used as a poking device, if need be. He most definitely wanted everyone to look. There wasn't much to look at, though, to be honest!

Old 06-21-2016, 11:48 PM

9,512 posts, read 6,093,395 times
OOOhh..I'm "newly" chubby & I hate it!

I'm battling microcytic anemia that has not responded to years of oral iron therapy & I live at 7,000ft elevation. "Lucky" for me I am now getting blood transfusions & the problem causing the continued blood loss has been resolved so I may be better off in a few months.

Unfortunatley, two years of my Hemoglobin hovering around 7 meant that I developed a very low activity tolerance (wash dishes=go lay down, vacuum living room=go lay down, outside temp over 80 degrees=don't even bother pushing yourself off the pillow, etc..) & I gained 50lbs.

Additionally, one doctor almost passed out when I told him I was trying to remedy this by training for a 5K: Not at 7,000ft elevation, in fact NO exercise AT ALL until my hemoglobin comes up otherwise it will cause cardiac damage.

I can't thermoregulate & become disoriented in the heat so sometimes I do go to a pool.

The next issue is that I'm 5'10" & one piece suits are, well, they just won't work!

I dropped 10lbs after last months transfusion due to my increased ambulation so I'm confident this is temporary. I also have become more sensitive to my appetite & have seen where I was making some errors in the full:satisfied:feeling weak equation.

In the meantime, I focus all my attention on playing with my disabled son who loves the water, as it's really the only activity I can do with him. If I'm grossing anybody out I won't see it because I mentally put on an "invisible" cloak (I know I'm a geek!) so that I have the nerve to be in public like this.

So, please try not to judge; I know I feel awful for the first 46 yrs of my life that I may have thought "Ew, how can anybody let themselves go like that?"!

I have been humbled by Karma & I'm NOT trying to repeat the experience again...

Old 06-22-2016, 11:57 AM

32,921 posts, read 36,316,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicci6Squirrels View Post
I was sitting on the beach in a low chair once and this guy in a Speedo jogged past me then turned around and came back to talk to me. His package was directly in my line of sight which was awkward, to say the least. Then he asked all innocent-like, "Hey, didn't this used to be a nude beach or something?" Uh, no, since it's a state park, I'm pretty sure it was never a nude beach. But, dude, seriously, you have a banana hammock on. How much more "nude" you gotta be?! But, hey, more power to him. The only reason I laughed was because of the awkwardness of the situation, not that he was wearing a Speedo. Well, okay, maybe a little bit because he was wearing a Speedo, too. So wee.
OMG, this made me laugh so much that I started choking.

Old 06-22-2016, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Ummm. I'm guessing you realize that he was hitting on you and wanted you to look.
Hi! My name's Bob. Look at my genitals.

Old 06-22-2016, 12:03 PM

366 posts, read 493,077 times
What do you think about chubby girls wearing bikini?

That if I am desperate enough they are almost a sure thing.

Old 06-22-2016, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
The well marbled Maine girls are quite
Conservative when it comes to swimming attire

You won't see many bikinis in Maine. Well
Maybe on the tourists the Maine ladies dress in layers
They can go from swimming/wading to a pig- roast
Without changing
Oh, come on. Girls can change in a car. You have to be limber, though.

Old 06-22-2016, 12:19 PM

24,475 posts, read 10,804,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
OOOhh..I'm "newly" chubby & I hate it!

I'm battling microcytic anemia that has not responded to years of oral iron therapy & I live at 7,000ft elevation. "Lucky" for me I am now getting blood transfusions & the problem causing the continued blood loss has been resolved so I may be better off in a few months.

Unfortunatley, two years of my Hemoglobin hovering around 7 meant that I developed a very low activity tolerance (wash dishes=go lay down, vacuum living room=go lay down, outside temp over 80 degrees=don't even bother pushing yourself off the pillow, etc..) & I gained 50lbs.

Additionally, one doctor almost passed out when I told him I was trying to remedy this by training for a 5K: Not at 7,000ft elevation, in fact NO exercise AT ALL until my hemoglobin comes up otherwise it will cause cardiac damage.

I can't thermoregulate & become disoriented in the heat so sometimes I do go to a pool.

The next issue is that I'm 5'10" & one piece suits are, well, they just won't work!

I dropped 10lbs after last months transfusion due to my increased ambulation so I'm confident this is temporary. I also have become more sensitive to my appetite & have seen where I was making some errors in the full:satisfied:feeling weak equation.

In the meantime, I focus all my attention on playing with my disabled son who loves the water, as it's really the only activity I can do with him. If I'm grossing anybody out I won't see it because I mentally put on an "invisible" cloak (I know I'm a geek!) so that I have the nerve to be in public like this.

So, please try not to judge; I know I feel awful for the first 46 yrs of my life that I may have thought "Ew, how can anybody let themselves go like that?"!

I have been humbled by Karma & I'm NOT trying to repeat the experience again...
Try LL Bean Tall.

Old 06-22-2016, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
Try LL Bean Tall.
Or the two piece suits. They have some very nice tankinis. I'm one size on the top, and a different size on the bottom. I can no longer tolerate the strap tug of a one piece. I was on their website today shopping for a suit.

Old 06-22-2016, 03:24 PM

18,525 posts, read 18,732,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usagisan View Post
What do you think about chubby girls wearing bikini?

That if I am desperate enough they are almost a sure thing.
You wish..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty