Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2014, 11:40 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,352,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
So am I. BTW - new the hair do is sharp!
Thank you!!! =)

Old 11-05-2014, 11:52 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,557,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
I am a white woman and I am aging just fine.
So what? Its white people as a population - not individuals - some of who fall in every part of the aging spectrum.

The bottom line is white skin does not photoage as well due to its greater susceptibility to UV.

Can't do too much about it other than hiding indoors and not living.

here's from a BBC article citing a scientific paper

"if you go back to 1979 there was a study from Kays Kaidbey and his colleagues in the United States, which found that on average 55% of ultraviolet A rays penetrate Caucasian skin while fewer than 18% get through African-American skin. This is why photoageing is delayed in people with dark skin."

and "In people with skin types IV (Asian skin) through to VI, photoageing is delayed and many people notice very few lines on their faces before they reach their fifties or sixties. (Still, there is individual variation, and a minority will look in the mirror and see those tell-tale lines appearing at a younger age.)"

Everyone knows this of course if they are being honest and not just PC, but science backs it up.

Old 11-05-2014, 11:59 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,597,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogerluli View Post
I am 66, my Chinese wife is 47...We both look 10 years younger than our ages...We were recently with another couple in which the man is 60 but looks like 50 but the wife is 64 and looks like 74...Why oh why do men marry older women ??? Western women age faster than men and the men pay the price later with a much older looking wife...I know, I know it's all about love yadda yadda yadda...But pray tell why do older men like looking at younger women and not older women ???

Girls, you may fire when ready...
I saw your profile and your wife is nice looking and I wouldn't say she looks 37 (will have to see a closeup) and of course there's no grey hair so that helps. You on the other hand do look your age. Sorry.

Btw, why do you assume only "girls" will fire at you? You must think you're some kind of big shot just because you married someone younger than you? Who gives a flip?

Old 11-05-2014, 12:19 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,848,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
You look like a sugar daddy that couldnt find an American wife and had to look overseas. You do not look 10 years younger. You look like my dad a little - same age.

My mom looks 10 years older than my dad because she is very sick. I hope she doesn't come across such statements like yours.
Hahaha
Quote:
Originally Posted by bg7 View Post
OP - your wife does look younger than her age. Many Asian and Hispanic women do - its genes.

Unfortunately for you, you totally look your age.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
I saw your profile and your wife is nice looking and I wouldn't say she looks 37 (will have to see a closeup) and of course there's no grey hair so that helps. You on the other hand do look your age. Sorry.

Btw, why do you assume only "girls" will fire at you? You must think you're some kind of big shot just because you married someone younger than you? Who gives a flip?

Old 11-05-2014, 12:37 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,335,831 times
Quote:
I am 66, my Chinese wife is 47...We both look 10 years younger than our ages...We were recently with another couple in which the man is 60 but looks like 50 but the wife is 64 and looks like 74...Why oh why do men marry older women ??? Western women age faster than men and the men pay the price later with a much older looking wife...I know, I know it's all about love yadda yadda yadda...But pray tell why do older men like looking at younger women and not older women ???

LoL.

Entertaining post.

Old 11-05-2014, 12:39 PM

8,612 posts, read 10,759,139 times
I think the burning question here is what did your wife see in you? No offense.......JMHO

Old 11-05-2014, 12:41 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,956,211 times
Quote:

Where did you get that idea? Women typically live longer than men

Old 11-05-2014, 12:50 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,226,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Where did you get that idea? Women typically live longer than men

I'm sure he was referring to aging as in looked older not the literal getting older with age because you have not died.

Old 11-05-2014, 12:52 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,352,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta_BD View Post
Yes, white women don't age well. White people in general don't age well.
Quote:
So what? Its white people as a population - not individuals - some of who fall in every part of the aging spectrum.
I quoted Atlanta who said that white women don't age well. I am a white woman, therefore part of the group. It is not so what. Every white woman is an individual and do not represent all white women.

You cannot say white women don't age well. That is a broad generalization. You can see SOME white women don't age well....

There are plenty of white people just on CD who look younger than their age. So what!

Old 11-05-2014, 12:54 PM

39,221 posts, read 27,589,701 times
Quote:

The bottom line is white skin does not photoage as well due to its greater susceptibility to UV.

Can't do too much about it other than hiding indoors and not living.

here's from a BBC article citing a scientific paper

"if you go back to 1979 there was a study from Kays Kaidbey and his colleagues in the United States, which found that on average 55% of ultraviolet A rays penetrate Caucasian skin while fewer than 18% get through African-American skin. This is why photoageing is delayed in people with dark skin."

and "In people with skin types IV (Asian skin) through to VI, photoageing is delayed and many people notice very few lines on their faces before they reach their fifties or sixties. (Still, there is individual variation, and a minority will look in the mirror and see those tell-tale lines appearing at a younger age.)"

Everyone knows this of course if they are being honest and not just PC, but science backs it up.
eblue.org is science?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty