Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2014, 02:30 PM

2,077 posts, read 2,017,890 times

Advertisements

Androgynous pretty boys that wear make up .. even though i'm now a 52 yr old ex groupie.
Rick Savage .. even WITH Bell's Palsy , I ADORE him. Marc Bolan . Like the OP I am far more attracted to musicians than actors and being in Seattle certainly helps
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2014, 02:43 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,894,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
Jeanine Garofalo!

EW!

Put her and Rosie Perez together and I will erupt violently from both ends of my body in simultaneous fashion.

Old 11-08-2014, 02:59 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,894,412 times
Where do Marisa Tomei and Lucy Liu fit in?

Old 11-08-2014, 05:03 PM

1,004 posts, read 1,161,372 times
Never warmed to "conventional" (if referring to most Hollywood actresses) beauties. Physically, what I look for most is no sign of plastic surgery with any part of her body and no putting on make-up every day or re-touching every goddamn photo that she uploads to social media. My beauty standards for the face are rather in line with those of the traditional Chinese rather than modern, which means definitely no particularly prominent or long nose. I am far less certain regarding height.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaniGypsy View Post
Unconventionally attractive, for sure. To desire to be "conventionally attractive" automatically damns you to a high-maintenance and expensive life... so there's nothing to like about that. When you look at the "makeup-free" pictures of most "conventionally attractive" women, you find that they are just as plain as any other person out there... so, frankly, I think that the definition of "conventionally attractive" is nebulous at best. It does seem to change constantly.
Agreed. Sometimes less is more. When my current romantic interest dresses more extravagantly, I swoon over her less.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nema98 View Post
Both, been attracted of course to beautiful women, but also have had plenty of times where I found women who objectively were not "attractive" but had a little something that I was drawn to you. I find it interesting and would admit to liking that person to friends and families.
Eh...There's hardly any "objectivity" to an inherently subjective manner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
The latter low by Chinese standards, traditional or modern.

Old 11-08-2014, 05:06 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,735,700 times
I like women with their own style - quality, yet unique. I like women that are designers, artists, singers, architects, etc.

Old 11-08-2014, 05:37 PM

11,160 posts, read 7,964,064 times
I like the Daniel Craig type... Wooohoooo! Lol

Old 11-08-2014, 07:53 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
my take... I am attracted to this.

Alexandra Conunova-Dumortier | Chausson | Poème | Hannover Violin Competition | 2012 - YouTube

Old 11-09-2014, 02:08 AM

10,855 posts, read 6,371,365 times
Some of each, not solely those in one category or other.
I'm attracted to individuals, not just to "any guy who is XYZ".

There are movie stars who make me think "What is that about ?" "No thanks, I don't "get" the hype or fawning over this or that celeb."
There are everyday strangers on the street-or character actors in British tv shows, for instance-that I might find to be far more visually appealing.
And vice versa, too.

For example, I like the looks of "mainstream star" Clive Owen (sans facial hair, that is)-absolutely.
But I also like the looks of Stephen Colbert, Stephen Tompkinson (UK actor), and that guy who plays Jared on Silicon Valley, Zach Woods.
I've got range, though it's idiosyncratic-we all vary in what attracts & repels us visually/physically, not to mention personality/behavior..

Old 11-09-2014, 03:38 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,725,051 times
So, "entertainers" are our reference for beauty. So what entertainers are "unconventionally beautiful" in your eyes?

Old 11-09-2014, 04:05 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,222,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
marisa looked good in my cousin vinny

not too many celebs stick out now, that id say is hot....

many are attractive and cute but I view celebs. like being plastic mannequins,
one movie, and they can make 10 million or more - which takes most of us a lifetime to make

and their lives are more screwed up than most of us.....

phoebe cates back in the day , was one celeb, that took my breath away
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty