Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2014, 03:38 PM

20,387 posts, read 14,656,708 times

Advertisements

Of course personality is more important than looks, and one may defy the other.

If we are talking people that you spot on the street and just look at a little longer, I love tattoos on either gender, ladies with hair dyed really bright colors, guys with long hair and a "heavy metal" look to them...not because I'm "afflicted" with a bad boy attraction. But because it is my opinion that these people have interesting talents, opinions, and interests close to my own. I, however, look a lot more normal than that. It's just what I find appealing. I also like the nerdy look, on some people. My eyes will skate right over someone who looks "normal" to me, even if they have perfect symmetry, measurements, proportions...because I assume they have nothing interesting about their personality and little in common with me. To say I like the unconventional is perhaps an understatement. I like the deliberately unconventional. I like artists, musicians, writers. People with strange philosophies, weird collections, and interesting hobbies. I see them and my eyes linger with appreciation and I want to get to know them.

In the world of Hollywood, I gotta say, an accent is sexier to me than a look. I like Craig Ferguson for pete's sakes! I like older men and the "classical beauty" look in women, too. I adore Jeff Goldblum. He blends sexy and nerdy really nice. You'd think I'd be drawn to Abby in NCIS, but I like Gibbs a lot more. Quiet confidence over childlike exuberance.

Perhaps my interests are because I've always been on more of a quest for companions than one for a mate. Seeking community, a "tribe." The mate part is easy. The other...not so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2014, 03:42 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,960,371 times
I'm not usually attracted to celebrities, just women I see in real life. I'm attracted to them because they're "real," thus, potentially attainable. When I met my girlfriend, she took my breath away. I spoke to her on the phone first, then met her in person. I was instantly attracted to her looks, but then her intelligence, her wit, her wisdom, her sense of humor, and many other things. She is a real person, not a fantasy. That's what I love the most.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty