Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How is this build for man?
Too big 33 70.21%
Little more muscle please 1 2.13%
Just right. 13 27.66%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2014, 09:24 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRaleigh Mom View Post
Although I typically like more muscular men I don't find the "super lean" look attractive. When you start to see all the veins, ripples etc it just grosses me out.

But like someone else said first and foremost do what makes you feel good because if you feel good about yourself then that is what stands out and ultimately is attractive to women.
Very true.

But I think the veins and ripples are hot.

OP, maybe it would make sense if you ask your questions to the women your age range.

Because the answers you get here are from women 18-100, body type slim to ...

so of course an athletic woman has a different opinion than the 300 lbs woman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2014, 09:25 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,400,337 times
Although I don't consider his physique a turn off, I tend to be attracted to guys who aren't as cut.

Old 11-21-2014, 09:26 AM

2,794 posts, read 2,933,605 times
Good for a man who's in love with himself....

Old 11-21-2014, 09:35 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,003,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
so of course an athletic woman has a different opinion than the 300 lbs woman.
Not necessarily. Just because a woman weighs 300 lbs doesn't mean she doesn't have an attraction to athletic or lean/muscular guys.

Old 11-21-2014, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psurangers11 View Post
Good for a man who's in love with himself....
Oh, come on! You don't know that just from the picture. It's a dedicated lifestyle to look like the guy in that picture. I know a few guys who look like that (and some females too) and they are not at all in love with themselves, just dedicated in their pursuit of excellance and perfection. It's admirable, I think.

Old 11-21-2014, 09:49 AM

29,745 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Oh, come on! You don't know that just from the picture. It's a dedicated lifestyle to look like the guy in that picture. I know a few guys who look like that (and some females too) and they are not at all in love with themselves, just dedicated in their pursuit of excellance and perfection. It's admirable, I think.
But look at him from the neck up. He looks like a Jersey Shore-type douchebag.

Old 11-21-2014, 10:08 AM

2,094 posts, read 3,654,875 times
That is way too much for me. I go for long and lean swimmer Micheal Phelps bodies.
Do what you want and do it because you like it not that some women might like it.

Old 11-21-2014, 10:12 AM

3,549 posts, read 5,376,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NRaleigh Mom View Post

But like someone else said first and foremost do what makes you feel good because if you feel good about yourself then that is what stands out and ultimately is attractive to women.
This...

The fact you would even post a thread like this just shows how insecure you are and are attempting to obtain a physique which you will never achieve because you are obviously doing it for the validation of others as opposed to gratification for yourself. Not to mention he is on a ton of steroids and that is a huge step to take if you don't already know what your getting yourself into.

I am FAR too muscular than what most women on this board prefer. It's been shown time after time after time. I could not care less. I don't build my physique for others, I do it for myself. I will say that most women seem to be attracted to it but according to this forum, most here wouldn't.

The worst part is you picked zyzz, the envy of every fitness noob, and the joke of everyone else.

Last edited by houstan-dan; 11-21-2014 at 11:03 AM..

Old 11-21-2014, 10:16 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,638,305 times
That guy was on steroids and is actually dead. Not the best role model, but people cling to him because he went from out of shape loser to super ripped and got laid a few times.

OP, based on your profile picture, if you aren't already successful with the ladies then adding more bulk/getting more lean isn't going to help. Probably will hurt actually.

Old 11-21-2014, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
But look at him from the neck up. He looks like a Jersey Shore-type douchebag.
That guy might be, and if some of the things others here have said about him are true (I am not familiar with him) but it doesn't have to be true of everyone who pursues that level of fitness.

I also agree with those who have complimented OP. He's already reasonably good looking and appears to be pretty athletic. And if he is going to make any changes to himself, I hope he'll do it for himself and not others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty