Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2014, 11:03 AM

715 posts, read 786,969 times

Advertisements

With a big night out coming up, Rachael Adams hits the shops to buy herself a new outfit.
Knowing they are looking their best, Rachael and her pals proudly post pictures of their night on Facebook and Instagram.
But the next day Rachael's new frock is consigned to the back of the wardrobe – because she refuses to be seen in the same thing twice on social media.
Rachael, 23, from Essex admits that her obsession has become an expensive habit.
She goes out at least twice a month and a new outfit each time has cost her more than £10,000 in six years.

She says: “It would just be so embarrassing to be seen in the same dress again. I’m usually tagged in about 80 pictures after a night out so it’s really obvious.
“It’s social media’s fault. You know other people will notice if you wear the same thing twice and you don’t want to be seen as boring.”
Personal assistant Rachael happily pays up to £70 for a brand new dress just to wear once.
“If it’s a birthday or special occasion I buy something a bit more special,” she admits. “I go on at least two big nights out a month, so I need to buy two new outfits.”

from the daily mirror - do you agree with her , is it something you do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2014, 01:10 PM

51,696 posts, read 15,651,500 times
Heaven forbid I should be seen wearing the same outfit more then once! Give me a break ! Rachael, and people like her need to get over themselves. JMO.

Old 11-21-2014, 10:07 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,301,118 times
10,000 is not all that much in the grand scheme of things. It could be well worth it to advance the cause of female beauty.

Old 11-22-2014, 12:23 AM

10,229 posts, read 16,254,922 times
She is not right in the head.

Old 11-22-2014, 08:27 AM

14,771 posts, read 17,061,515 times
Well, she's an idiot.

Old 11-22-2014, 06:34 PM

15,633 posts, read 26,157,024 times
I knew someone who felt the same way, BUT -- when she shopped she made sure her purchases were in top condition. No loose buttons, shaggy seams, funny hems.... After wearing, she had them cleaned and then sold them either at a consignment store or on eBay. When she hit upon the idea she was well into this, and had a lot to sell. THEN -- she made the vow to use only the sale money on going out clothing, which she would then end up selling to buy more going out clothing. Worked well for her.

Old 11-23-2014, 03:14 AM

37,076 posts, read 42,043,953 times
I went through a time in my 20's where I didn't want to wear the same thing to work more than once a month. I don't know why. But I bought inexpensive clothes and that phase ended when the clothes started falling apart!

It's easy to blame social media but she knows that nobody else is doing what she's doing, she knows it's her problem.

Old 11-23-2014, 06:56 AM

4,575 posts, read 5,169,155 times
Well, if she has the money to do that, lucky her.

I don't wear the same outfit twice a week. But, doesn't mean I won't wear it next week.

Old 11-23-2014, 07:14 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,888,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
10,000 is not all that much in the grand scheme of things. It could be well worth it to advance the cause of female beauty.
That's 10,000 British pounds, not $10,000 US dollars. The actual amount is something like $18,500, although I haven't looked up the current exchange rates. Even if it was just $10,000 US dollars, that's way more than I would spend on clothes. My gf has been bugging me to buy a sweater and some tennis shoes. I only own two sweaters and one pair of tennis shoes. The rest of my wardrobe is similarly starving

Old 12-28-2015, 04:09 PM

2,615 posts, read 1,339,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk4894 View Post
With a big night out coming up, Rachael Adams hits the shops to buy herself a new outfit.
Knowing they are looking their best, Rachael and her pals proudly post pictures of their night on Facebook and Instagram.
But the next day Rachael's new frock is consigned to the back of the wardrobe – because she refuses to be seen in the same thing twice on social media.
Rachael, 23, from Essex admits that her obsession has become an expensive habit.
She goes out at least twice a month and a new outfit each time has cost her more than £10,000 in six years.

She says: “It would just be so embarrassing to be seen in the same dress again. I’m usually tagged in about 80 pictures after a night out so it’s really obvious.
“It’s social media’s fault. You know other people will notice if you wear the same thing twice and you don’t want to be seen as boring.”
Personal assistant Rachael happily pays up to £70 for a brand new dress just to wear once.
“If it’s a birthday or special occasion I buy something a bit more special,” she admits. “I go on at least two big nights out a month, so I need to buy two new outfits.”

from the daily mirror - do you agree with her , is it something you do?

There is an Onion article in here somewhere lol!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty