Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2014, 07:04 AM

3,603 posts, read 5,938,680 times

Advertisements

Keep working out for your own health. If you don't like gyms (and I don't), take up hiking, biking, running, tennis, basketball, volleyball, you name it ....

I would date an overweight person, but I prefer healthy people who enjoy an active lifestyle regardless of whether they're a little overweight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2014, 07:04 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,721,626 times
Where I am from.....men prefer thicker women.

It sucks because I am really thin.

So eh...we can switch places if you like.

Old 12-01-2014, 07:23 AM

18 posts, read 51,766 times
Quote:
Where I am from.....men prefer thicker women.

It sucks because I am really thin.

So eh...we can switch places if you like.
I would love to! Guys usually suggest me to lose some weight and tone up. It sucs either.
One guy I met even offered me to exercise together. It was humiliating.

Old 12-01-2014, 07:29 AM

4,749 posts, read 4,323,083 times
Mod cut.

Different guys like different things. Some guys like girls with a little meat. Some guys like girls who are fit. Some guys don't mind cellulite and some find it atrocious.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 12-01-2014 at 10:08 AM.. Reason: Off-topic.

Old 12-01-2014, 07:31 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,721,626 times
Mod cut: Orphaned (quoted post has been deleted).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapsody View Post
I would love to! Guys usually suggest me to lose some weight and tone up. It sucs either.
Ahhh I feel your pain...people always tell me I need to eat in order to gain weight. The thing is....I eat everything and it goes no where, it's not in my frame to be extremely curvy unfortunately lol but apparently people think I can change it.

I think you should just focus on yourself and your health. Can't please everyone you know.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 12-01-2014 at 10:08 AM..

Old 12-01-2014, 07:31 AM

Quote:
If it would get you what you want, why not do it? Being in shape is good for your health. Find exercise that's fun. The gym isn't the only way to exercise.

Old 12-01-2014, 07:44 AM

Quote:
If it would get you what you want, why not do it? Being in shape is good for your health. Find exercise that's fun. The gym isn't the only way to exercise.
Exercising together was humiliating. Because he is in great shape but I'm totally out of shape. I couldn't do almost any exercises he suggested! I just became winded and sweated.

Old 12-01-2014, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Exercising together was humiliating. Because he is in great shape but I'm totally out of shape. I couldn't do almost any exercises he suggested! I just became winded and sweated.
Well, yeah, that was dumb and cruel of him. Of course being winded and sweaty is kind of expected in many exercises and sports. But you've got to work up to being in shape, not immediately do hard core stuff.

But if you believe that exercising more would help you get men, why not do it? As I said, if you hate gyms, try something else.

That's what I was talking about, not the "exercise together" guy.

Old 12-01-2014, 07:54 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
That's what happens when you exercise. But you keep doing it and eventually you are less winded and can do them.

Exercising together is a great way to build sexual tension. It's not dumb and cruel. It was a polite way to say he wanted her to shape up. He obviously wanted to be with you and thought you would be even more attractive if you were in shape.

You are going to have to decide what you want. If you want to stay in the shape you're in, limited to wearing certain clothes and dating certain guys who don't mind out-of-shape girls, or working a bit and staying in shape.

One is better for your health, but deciding who you want to be and being happy with that is good for your overall health.

Old 12-01-2014, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Of course being winded and sweaty is kind of expected in many exercises and sports.
I sweat a lot. It's humiliating when you are all covered by sweats while other person holds your legs (for situps). Or when you have to beg for rest while running first mile..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty