Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2014, 04:53 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,960,371 times

Advertisements

I am planning my wedding several months from now. For several years, I have also considered breast reduction surgery, but have put it off because I am very hesitant about the procedure. I finally went to see a cosmetic surgeon a few months ago, and he explained it. It sounded much simpler than I first feared, and it is quite possible my insurance company will cover it for health reasons. Now that I am getting married, I am once again reconsidering it. I went shopping for shirts the other day, and I am now wearing XL shirts/jackets, despite the fact that I am a small woman, only 5'2" and wear a size 8-10 dress. Also, because of my size, I have to have my wedding corset custom made, instead of just ordering it off the rack from thousands of available styles in average sizes. Has anyone had this done? If so, have you had good results? Mod cut.

Mod comment: Please read Post #95 before you add to the discussion. Thanks.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 12-05-2014 at 03:47 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2014, 05:08 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,283,517 times
I have not had it done, but I know several people who have, and they are all thrilled. When I was having eye surgery, the surgeon and I were discussing it, and she said that it is the cosmetic surgery with the highest satisfaction rate.

Old 11-29-2014, 05:13 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,233,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
...And no, I am not offering the male readers pics
You should have put this first to save all of us the time it took to read down to it!

My late wife talked about having the surgery. It probably makes a lot of sense -- as a way to lessen back problems, reduce cancer risks, increase your comfort and, as you point out, provide a much wider selection of clothing. That always bugged her, that it was hard to find clothing that fit properly. Like you, she was small in every dimension but one.

Old 11-29-2014, 05:22 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,190,967 times
I haven;t done it. I think if a woman was blessed with nice breasts, she'd be happy. But those breasts can cause back issues, cancer risks, if they're too large. So, getting reduced to a manageable size is understandable. It just depends on the woman.

I am 5'0, and wear a 34 C, 36 at largest. If I got any surgery, it'd be to make them bigger. But I think they're fine as they are.

So, if you're a woman that has issues with her breasts, get the surgery. If it's a problem, I don't think your fiance would flip over it-hopefully you're not reducing it to an A cup though lol.

With breast surgery, I only have my mother to go on, and she got her's lifted. 3x, because they kept falling. Finally, she went to a better surgeon, and got them completely redone. They big, round, and perky. She's very happy lol

Old 11-29-2014, 05:23 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,599,094 times
Three of my sisters had it done and one of them had it done twice. Yeah, when she gained weight, they got big again. I also had a cousin that had it done. They are all very satisfied with the results.

Old 11-29-2014, 05:48 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,305,849 times
Isn't that surgery pretty much a butcher job?

Hmmm...I seem to remember catching a glimpse of that type of surgery on television.

Oh, yeah! They stitched and tried to reshape the female's breast back together. And yet I remember that even after it was done, she still looked like a victim of Dr. Frankenstein!

Yeah, sure, the female looked better in clothing, and I guess felt better (?), but at what cost?

Ladies, don't do it!!!! Stay natural!

Old 11-29-2014, 05:54 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,983,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
... I know several people who have, and they are all thrilled...
^^^this^^^

Do it when you are young and you will benefit from better posture, better health, and better everything else that goes with those two. I've also known more than one woman that should have had this surgery and did not and holy smokes, late in life it sucks for them (all hunched over, herniated or busted disks, completely inactive and in pain). I'd make certain to find a surgeon that is the best at this (has done this particular surgery dozens of times, not just a handful), and go for it while young.

Old 11-29-2014, 08:07 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,357,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
Isn't that surgery pretty much a butcher job?

Hmmm...I seem to remember catching a glimpse of that type of surgery on television.

Oh, yeah! They stitched and tried to reshape the female's breast back together. And yet I remember that even after it was done, she still looked like a victim of Dr. Frankenstein!

Yeah, sure, the female looked better in clothing, and I guess felt better (?), but at what cost?

Ladies, don't do it!!!! Stay natural!
I had it done and I would do it again. Not having painful back and shoulders vs having some scarring?

Feeling better is a good thing. My spine began to curve because of the weight of my breasts. Seriously if a man had issues with my scars I guess I would have issues with him.

The surgical scars do look scary right after surgery. I am s/p surgery x 15 years and you can hardly even see the scars at all.

Old 11-29-2014, 09:13 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,305,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
I had it done and I would do it again. Not having painful back and shoulders vs having some scarring?

Feeling better is a good thing. My spine began to curve because of the weight of my breasts. Seriously if a man had issues with my scars I guess I would have issues with him.

The surgical scars do look scary right after surgery. I am s/p surgery x 15 years and you can hardly even see the scars at all.

WHOA! That's serious stuff. Sorry you had that happening to you. I guess surgery is necessary for ladies like you. Glad you are all fixed up

Old 11-29-2014, 09:19 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
I knew a woman who had it done, and she was so relieved afterwards! All that excess weight and the strain to her back were gone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty