Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2016, 05:05 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,799,890 times

Advertisements

If so, how much did it cost and what exactly are your thoughts about it right now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2016, 08:09 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,531,937 times
I did, twice! No regrets. Ignore those who say it does not look natural, is temporary, etc. They have come a long way with transplants. I was very bald so it took two procedures (a year apart). It is a SLOW process. You will not see real results for 6 to 9 months afterward. Not cheap, each procedure cost me about $8,000.00. Some folks look good with the shaved head look. For me, as I got older, I felt it aged me prematurely. Having hair frames my face better so, I'm very happy with the results. I know it's not for everybody and a lot of folks will shame you for being vain. I did it for me, no one else and only wish I had done it sooner. But do your research, find someone credentialed and reputable.

Old 11-28-2016, 09:49 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,799,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
I did, twice! No regrets. Ignore those who say it does not look natural, is temporary, etc. They have come a long way with transplants. I was very bald so it took two procedures (a year apart). It is a SLOW process. You will not see real results for 6 to 9 months afterward. Not cheap, each procedure cost me about $8,000.00. Some folks look good with the shaved head look. For me, as I got older, I felt it aged me prematurely. Having hair frames my face better so, I'm very happy with the results. I know it's not for everybody and a lot of folks will shame you for being vain. I did it for me, no one else and only wish I had done it sooner. But do your research, find someone credentialed and reputable.
Thanks for sharing your experience with this!

Also, out of curiosity--is $8,000 for each hair transplant procedure a high, average, or low price for this?

Old 12-04-2016, 06:21 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,531,937 times
I think average.

Old 07-12-2018, 10:32 PM

6 posts, read 3,152 times
Go to Turkey, specifically in Istanbul, you will get hair growing at a price of 1200-1800 $ the number of bulbs between 3400-4500, I am setting a plan to go there in the summer

Old 07-12-2018, 11:01 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,022,530 times
Yes, but just the one. I thought it was too far to the left. I like it better closer to the center.

Old 07-13-2018, 04:51 AM

6 posts, read 3,829 times
Never had hair transplant but know a little about it. My friend took the treatment sometime before. It is a surgical procedure in which hair roots are taken from the back side of your head which is also called the donor area and these roots are implanted to the bald area of your head which is called recipient area or any body part where you want the hair to grow naturally. It takes 6 to 9 months to see the changes and the results are fully visible in 1year. It is the most appropriate way to get your baldness removed. There are two options available, 1. *** and 2.FUE
*** is Follicular unit transplantation, in which a small strip of tissue removed from the back of the head and it’s hair follicles transplanted to the recipient areas.
FUE stands for Follicular Unit Extraction in which each follicular unit is individually taken directly from the scalp with no strip of tissue being removed.
At present time mostly the FUE technique is preferred because it has no scarring and no pain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty