Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2015, 08:58 PM

387 posts, read 408,525 times

Advertisements

I remember when he first broke them out (95 Playoffs vs ORL I believe). I just sat there for a while taking in the situation and came to the conclusion that I had to have a pair. Looking for a red/black currently. Too bad they're all retros now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2015, 10:28 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,701,807 times
Name brand and style. I can think of many other sneakers that are better to wear and cheaper.

Old 01-05-2015, 10:30 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,412,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MogwaiLover217 View Post
Whenever they get released, a lot of people form crazy lines outside shopping malls or shoe stores that carry Air Jordan shoes, a lot of them camp out for days, weeks, and fights have broken out inside the stores, people rushing, storming inside the way and literally breaking down the doors, one incident sadly involved a fatal shooting of a man in Houston, Texas, while i'm sure other shootings have happened too, also a woman leaving her toddler children inside the car, and when being interviewed by the Police, she acted confused, there is even a video of it, i'll have links for the stories, incidents.

But seriously, WHY THE HELL ARE THE JORDAN 11'S SO CRAZILY POPULAR THAT PEOPLE ARE SO HUNGRY FIGHT-TOOTH AND NAIL DESPERATE TO HAVE THEM!?!?!?!?!?!?!?, they are just shoes, geeze.

Okay there is more media information online about the crazed popularity over these Air Jordan Shoes, but seriously, why do they have to cause this much chaos? it's just crazy, ridiculous, insane, all over a pair of shoes, damn.
Because to some people it means status and wealth.

Old 01-06-2015, 01:25 PM

251 posts, read 299,635 times
All "special jordans" such as a throwback or anniversary will cause riots, robberies and killing. I wish I had money to blow like that. No way I'll buy shoes for that much. I spend $30 tops for my shoes. I damn sure wouldn't buy my kids any since they will grow out of them two weeks after they got it. Some people are collectors of the shoes and must have them, while others like the style. Then there's the ones who buy them for status.

Old 01-08-2015, 11:35 AM

4,856 posts, read 5,822,087 times
I think they're stupid, and there are far more than eleven versions as new ones come out more than twice a year, I own one pair- the only pair I have ever owned, they wer the aniversary shoe that came out last summer that blended the styles of three classic older versions. Long story short, they were given to me by a homeless man. Personally, I don't even like Nike- they just smart enough to make just about every shoe in my size. Another thing I hate about Jordans, is they are kinda gaudy, and not too many people ise them for what they are- basketball shoes. I actually saw a kid getting ready to play bball at a park, take off his jordans for a pair of reebok classics(walking shoe), I shook my head in disgrace for my fellow black man, might be where my neck pain comes from, I should be like an owl by now.

I can understand not paying jordan prices for any shoe, I have boughy cheap shoes, I will pay for quality and style, I own a pair of Dexters and Airwalks, as they are in the style I like to wear for cheap, and in my size. I wear a 15, so unless its a common offered size in a brand(sometimes even then), they wont be cheap anyway. Most times for the style I like, I have to pay more money. Air Force Ones are now run of the mill shoes, and have been for some time, now considered style on the cheap, I still would pay around 70$ for this now affordable shoe. The only merits to them is they come in hitop, are usually clean and simple, and are a good walk around shoe. I hate busy shoes that are to shoes, as whay bosuzuku is to cars. Another issue of mine is I can't stand lotops, the few I own is only because it's hard to find what I want in my size, or they were bought for me, like my one pair of shoe style Timbs.

Old 02-15-2015, 05:26 PM

18,132 posts, read 25,286,567 times
Same reason people pay $500 for cowboy boots

Old 08-06-2015, 08:57 AM

1,280 posts, read 1,858,000 times
Why? Marketing! The science of making its target audience feel inadequate for not owning what they're selling. The more one pays, the better the feeling. They must be special if they cost X amount of dollars.

Old 08-06-2015, 04:44 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,769,587 times
I played a lot of basketball growing up, but never was a fan of Jordan or the Bulls or his shoes - so I really don't keep up with them. But as soon as you asked why are the XI's so popular, I imagined what I thought the best looking Jordan's were and sure enough, it was that model.

So I can't answer your question. They just are. The same reason Thriller is everyone's favorite Michael Jackson album, and the same reason people like Aliens better than Alien 3, and the same reason why older R32 Skylines are more popular than the later R33.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty