Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 04:11 PM

3,099 posts, read 2,643,885 times

Advertisements

simone's new boobs look a LOT better than joelle's. joelle's look so FAKE!

i didnt realize there were all these choices like: texture and shape!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2008, 06:35 PM

291 posts, read 1,074,994 times
I feel like this thread took a turn for the ugly somewhere.

Not that I think anyone here was intentionally being unkind, but hearing women talk about other women's bodies like "poor gal," in regards to a woman who is naturally small-breasted or "long saggy rock in a sock" to refer to the way that some women's bodies change after pregnancy is, well, a bit uncharitable.

What about the women reading this who may be as small-breasted as the women in those pictures who do not consider themselves "flawed" in any way, who reads these comments and suddenly realizes she's an object of pity to some of you. Or the women whose breasts have sagged after delivering lovely, healthy children, but also do not see that natural evolution of their body as a "flaw," who then reads this and hears other women heaping scorn on bodies like hers?

What I think is most sad and apalling is the way the American medical community has pathologized the natural variation in the human body, and the natural evolution and change that comes with age and child-bearing. Reading some of the things written here makes me think that plastic surgeons have achieved exactly what they wanted, in that they've convinced some of you that we're all just inherently flawed creatures in need of "fixin."

As I said, I don't think anyone intended to be cruel, but it would be nice to think about how others might feel reading your offhand comments.

Old 01-07-2008, 06:51 PM

though i understand what you are saying, i highly doubt that simone and joelle will ever read my post (and if by some miracle they did then that is what happens if you put your boobs on the internet yes?)

also, my boobs are far from perfect but im not going to get bent out of shape if someone happens to describe boobs that are in any way similar to mine.
until someone says "nicolepsy's boobs are the worst ive ever seen" then i will not take it personally.

a healthy minded woman wouldnt care whether anyone else liked her boobs or not. they are HER boobs afterall!

Old 01-07-2008, 07:02 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,601,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo Riley View Post
Not that I think anyone here was intentionally being unkind, but hearing women talk about other women's bodies like "poor gal," in regards to a woman who is naturally small-breasted or "long saggy rock in a sock" to refer to the way that some women's bodies change after pregnancy is, well, a bit uncharitable.

Not 100 percent sure who your referring to here. But since you pulled out two of my comments, I'm going to respond. Rock in a sock is a term that has been used for years by women who breastfeed. I first heard it when the one friend I was referring to in my story decided to get implants, she said to me "My boobs are like rocks in a sock". And also, if you read my posts I never said a women with "small breasts" needs to get surgery or should get surgery. I was merely supporting women who "WANT" to get surgery and I was explaining how I understand how they feel. Also, I was speaking of "Mothers" specifically, not women who are naturally small chested.

Oh, and by the way, I get a bunch of "heaping scorn" all the time for my breasts, especially from men calling them watermelons, canons, and making all kinds of sexist jokes about them. I'm not offended in the least bit, I could care less what anyone else thinks. Also, I get a bunch of "heaping scorn" from other women calling my boobs fake and other horrible things, even though they are real.

BTW, Nico-pippy has the worst boobs I've ever seen!

Old 01-07-2008, 07:07 PM

3,340 posts, read 2,829,511 times
BTW, Nico-pippy has the worst boobs I've ever seen! [/quote]

I smell a "who has the worst boobs thread" brewing

Old 01-07-2008, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolepsy View Post
though i understand what you are saying, i highly doubt that simone and joelle will ever read my post (and if by some miracle they did then that is what happens if you put your boobs on the internet yes?)

also, my boobs are far from perfect but im not going to get bent out of shape if someone happens to describe boobs that are in any way similar to mine.
until someone says "nicolepsy's boobs are the worst ive ever seen" then i will not take it personally.

a healthy minded woman wouldnt care whether anyone else liked her boobs or not. they are HER boobs afterall!
I don't doubt that Joelle or Simone will probably never read your post, my point was that there are many similarly built women, that MAY feel badly about the "poor girl" comment as if you're implying that they're defective.

And while I agree that "healthy-minded women" will not be troubled by what other people think of their bodies, it is a fact that "healthy-minded women" are in seriously short supply in this country- especially as it pertains to their looks. Sad but true.

Old 01-07-2008, 07:11 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,983,411 times
I just wanna haul the puppies up to where they used to be before childbirth and gravity took their toll. They actually get in the way now, and wearing an underwire bra all the time to hoist them back up blows!!!!

Old 01-07-2008, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb68 View Post
Not 100 percent sure who your referring to here. But since you pulled out two of my comments, I'm going to respond. Rock in a sock is a term that has been used for years by women who breastfeed. I first heard it when the one friend I was referring to in my story decided to get implants, she said to me "My boobs are like rocks in a sock". And also, if you read my posts I never said a women with "small breasts" needs to get surgery or should get surgery. I was merely supporting women who "WANT" to get surgery and I was explaining how I understand how they feel. Also, I was speaking of "Mothers" specifically, not women who are naturally small chested.

Oh, and by the way, I get a bunch of "heaping scorn" all the time for my breasts, especially from men calling them watermelons, canons, and making all kinds of sexist jokes about them. I'm not offended in the least bit, I could care less what anyone else thinks. Also, I get a bunch of "heaping scorn" from other women calling my boobs fake and other horrible things, even though they are real.

BTW, Nico-pippy has the worst boobs I've ever seen!

I've heard the term myself, and I know it's been around a long time. If someone wants to refer to their own breasts in such a way, that's fine, but I wouldn't use the term myself to describe someone else (even a hypothetical "someone else") just because there IS an implicit negative aesthetic judgment in the term, and I wouldn't want to make a woman feel badly about herself for something that nature does to many women after pregnancy. That's all.

Old 01-07-2008, 07:13 PM

okay, but just know that i never said "poor girl" and would never say such a thing. it is not my style to insult a persons natural boob size. BUT, if you are going to get implants and put a pix on the net then i feel i am allowed to comment (and my only comment was that simone's looked better (more natural) than joelles. heck, i think both women shoulda stayed the way they were. i have never been pro breast implant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo Riley View Post
I don't doubt that Joelle or Simone will probably never read your post, my point was that there are many similarly built women, that MAY feel badly about the "poor girl" comment as if you're implying that they're defective.

And while I agree that "healthy-minded women" will not be troubled by what other people think of their bodies, it is a fact that "healthy-minded women" are in seriously shot supply in this country- especially as it pertains to their looks. Sad but true.

Old 01-07-2008, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolepsy View Post
okay, but just know that i never said "poor girl" and would never say such a thing. it is not my style to insult a persons natural boob size. BUT, if you are going to get implants and put a pix on the net then i feel i am allowed to comment (and my only comment was that simone's looked better (more natural) than joelles. heck, i think both women shoulda stayed the way they were. i have never been pro breast implant.
Gothca. I agee that they should have stayed as they were. After looks VERY painful to me.

EDIT: sorry Nicolepsy, it was someone else who said "poor gal"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty