Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 08:25 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,993,685 times

Advertisements

damn, I go away for 6 hours to make some $$$ and y'all raise a ruckus in the sandbox without me! I need to start getting this stuff on my phone, its almost as good as a soap opera
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2008, 08:37 PM

2,464 posts, read 6,467,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNITE View Post
I just had to go there. Sorry.

Ok, so this is my take on breast augmentation.

First of all, every woman, man and child (and even the pets) should always try to feel just as beautiful as anyone else. As far as having this operation? Only in health issues. For, if you are a woman with babies, then guess what? You sacrificed your body, as is, the second that child was born. Your body as a whole belongs to those little people first. With that being said, I would hope that women do not risk their childrens mothers' life for their own selfish body ego issues UNTIL the children have grown old enough to support themselves and be able to try and understand the need to, for you, to change their mothers appearance. Do not ask permission though, at that point them b**bs are all yours now. Start living, any ole how ya wanna!!!

So good luck to all with their aug issues.

LIVE LAUGH AND LOVE
If you don't like augmentation for yourself that's one thing... but to say..."I would hope that women do not risk their children's mothers' life for their own selfish body ego issues UNTIL the children have grown old..." is, well, shortsighted to say the least. None of us know when our end will come. All of us take a risk by going outside. So don't use that as a basis for your distain for those who go under the knife. You are the one with aug issues...

btw. I've never been under the knife... but who am I (or anyone else) to put down someone else for doing so?

Old 01-09-2008, 04:59 AM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,432,957 times
Quote:
btw. I've never been under the knife... but who am I (or anyone else) to put down someone else for doing so?
Thank you.....thank you very much.(*clapping hands in applause*) ......it is what it is : PERSONAL CHOICE!
Just because I chose to have breast aug. doesn't make me any better....or any worse of a person......
And as I stated in a previous post of mine, did I do it for my own selfish reason....and not for anyone else.
People should just respect peoples decisions, no matter what they may be.
I don't agree with and on a lot of things in this world...but guess what...I shut up about it (instead of bashing) and mind my own business.
Worked for me so far....LOL

Old 01-11-2008, 10:59 AM

238 posts, read 823,843 times
I'm sure alot of women do it for the attention. I'm quite well endowed, much more so than most of my friends so when we go out I get the vast majority of male attention. I can see why people would get them for that reason. It's not my money so I don't much care what people do with their money or chests.

Old 01-11-2008, 01:30 PM

979 posts, read 3,828,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggjacobsen View Post
Why do women continue to pay good money for breast augmentation merely because they want more "curves"? The fact is that men who are worth a darn don't care about that. I know, I know--now you'll say that men will always prefer a curvy girl to a non-curvy girl. But it isn't true.

Okay, don't believe me! Spend lots of money and endue the risks of surgery just because you think it will make you look like a movie star. But then don't cry when your "new appearance" doesn't cause men to flock around you.
I dunno!!! I am not one to want to get them but I do think that as much as you want to or any man wants to deny it, they like the big boobs better! It doesn't change the fact that they will be happy with any kind of woman but they still prefer big pillows!

Old 01-11-2008, 11:54 PM

291 posts, read 1,075,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuziSu View Post
I dunno!!! I am not one to want to get them but I do think that as much as you want to or any man wants to deny it, they like the big boobs better! It doesn't change the fact that they will be happy with any kind of woman but they still prefer big pillows!
Not to go off on a tangent, but studies prove you wrong If you're interested you can do some research on that topic!

Old 01-17-2008, 01:35 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,404,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNITE View Post
I just had to go there. Sorry.

Ok, so this is my take on breast augmentation.

First of all, every woman, man and child (and even the pets) should always try to feel just as beautiful as anyone else. As far as having this operation? Only in health issues. For, if you are a woman with babies, then guess what? You sacrificed your body, as is, the second that child was born. Your body as a whole belongs to those little people first. With that being said, I would hope that women do not risk their childrens mothers' life for their own selfish body ego issues UNTIL the children have grown old enough to support themselves and be able to try and understand the need to, for you, to change their mothers appearance. Do not ask permission though, at that point them b**bs are all yours now. Start living, any ole how ya wanna!!!

So good luck to all with their aug issues.

LIVE LAUGH AND LOVE

Do you have kids? Just curious.

I am glad I don't have to worry about having your permission or approval when it comes time to do my breast reduction and lift. Yikes.

Old 01-17-2008, 01:57 PM

1,198 posts, read 1,530,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo Riley View Post
I think the old "I'm doing it for myself" is a lie women tell themselves to justify a fundamentally odd decision. In Brazil, the women get breast reductions because the men there love smaller breasts and a bigger tushy. But at least they're honest with themselves and admit that they do it because they believe men like it better. In this country, plastic surgery is sold as an "empowering" act, when in fact, that couldn't be further from the truth. Just my $.02.
I totally agree. Any woman who says she's just doing for herself, is lying. I knew 3 women who had fake boobs and did for the men they were living with and 1 was an exotic dancer (so we know why she did it: to get more pay from the men at the club). And no I'm not jealous at all (I'm a natural 34C).

Besides my mother is from South America (has relatives in Brazil) and she could tell you that the men there prefer women with a smaller chest (perky, healthy boobs), a rounder-bigger tush, and athletic. That pretty much describes my look and where I came from.

Old 01-19-2008, 09:22 AM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,432,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leana76 View Post
I totally agree. Any woman who says she's just doing for herself, is lying........
Nope, I am not lying, and haven't lied or made "excuses" for having it done.
I also didn't "convince" myself to do it.
In my case, it was/ is very, very plain and simple.
I used to have full, perky breasts...until I breast fed, lost weight, and my breast went downhill from there.
I am VERY critical of my own body, work out (call me vain, and that's ok!).
But, it doesn't matter, how much one works out, once the breast lost volume and become saggy.
So, all I wanted, was my OLD BREASTS BACK!
I had the money....and I went for it.
Why? For my own self esteem and for my own eyes. (I KNEW what my breasts looked like, trough up's and down's)
Why do people go to the hairdresser?
Why do people go to the dentist, to have their teeth repaired and straightened?
Funny...almost everyone has "foreign parts" in their mouths in the form of fillings, crowns, bridges...etc. I wonder, why THAT is not criticised????
Why do people go out and buy new, fashionable, figure flattering clothes?
Why do girls wear make- up?

Because they KNOW WHAT they look like, what they CAN look like, HOW they want to look like and what makes them feel comfortable and good.

I wouldn't dare to change my body, just to please someone else....ever........ but know people which have. (However, I am NOT one of them!)
To put me into the same mix as an exotic dancer, is simply funny and unacceptable for me, since I am not profiting in my line of work from my boobs (I am a meat cutter!)

Life and medical world provide choices for people....it's up to THEM, if they use those services.
Who cares, why, what and whom they are doing it for?
I just don't judge...period...and the girl with the big implants/ boobs and/ or face lift, might be actually a pretty darn nice girl!

On a "note"....my husband doesn't like my implants, but, when we met, they "came" with the whole package already.

Old 01-21-2008, 08:45 AM

979 posts, read 3,828,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo Riley View Post
Not to go off on a tangent, but studies prove you wrong If you're interested you can do some research on that topic!
nah... I'm good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty