Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2014, 11:47 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,841,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceAndLove42 View Post
Or t shirts that are purposely too small to show off their muscles?
Love it when men show off their muscles
But not necessarily clothes that are too small, and definitely not those shirts with the huge armpits. That looks trashy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2014, 12:26 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,426,017 times
I do it but not often. Not sure where this BS came from "trying to compensate for something".

Old 12-25-2014, 03:52 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,276,723 times
I don't think "trying to compensate," but I think "trying to get attention" which isn't my style of guy. Similar to girls showing off huge cleavage (this coming from someone who has huge cleavage but doesn't enjoy that kind of attention.)

I guess what I think of "those guys" is they they would make a nice couple with a woman who likes to show off her cleavage.

I don't give them a second look and I'm probably more apt to not look at them at all. I like a different style.

Old 12-25-2014, 08:30 AM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,734,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
I don't think "trying to compensate," but I think "trying to get attention" which isn't my style of guy. Similar to girls showing off huge cleavage (this coming from someone who has huge cleavage but doesn't enjoy that kind of attention.)

I guess what I think of "those guys" is they they would make a nice couple with a woman who likes to show off her cleavage.

I don't give them a second look and I'm probably more apt to not look at them at all. I like a different style.
No, it isn't similar to showing off huge cleavage. Did you spend countless hours in the gym and at home perfecting those boobs? Or were you just born with that?

Most people do not wear clothing that is too small, as in the waist line shows their stomachs (especially men). The only time people with muscles try to show off is when they wear spandex infused shirts or when they wear nothing but sleeveless ts. I don't really care what they do honestly, they worked for it go head showcase it if you want.

For the most of us that workout, we wear normal clothing sizes, it just so happens that our figure hugs those normal sized clothes better and shows our definition, we aren't trying to show off the muscle, the muscle is just there.

Old 12-25-2014, 08:33 AM

2,144 posts, read 1,878,970 times
I know a young man who does amateur competition body building. He wears shirts that fit him, but they do show off his muscles. He's huge. Any shirt except a 5XL sack would show them off.

Whether through hard physical labor or at the gym, guys put a lot of effort into muscular physiques. Why not accentuate them?

Old 12-25-2014, 10:52 AM

16,590 posts, read 8,605,677 times
Maybe I am just old school, but women dress to accentuate their looks, not men.
That is not to say they should dress well, but they should not be into their looks like women are. That in and of itself might be an indication of narcissism. Women want men to appreciate their looks, not trying to get a glimpse of themselves in the mirror.

Old 12-25-2014, 02:19 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,893,401 times
A couple of decades ago I used to lift with a guy who has kept at it to this day. Muscle T's/wife beaters or whatever you want to call them are comfortable when you have big guns and chest. you don't wear them to show off because anything you wear does so. I have lost most of the mass in my chest and arms over the years as I quit lifting but my buddy is still big. It matters not what he wears, you can't miss his shoulders, arms or chest. He usually wears over-sized T's for comfort but still wears muscle T's. He isn't showing off anything, he is big.

So much for generalization.

Old 12-25-2014, 05:25 PM

834 posts, read 1,217,712 times
They may have had only shirts in their closet from before they had started working out.

Now they are bit tight, you know...

Old 01-02-2015, 08:06 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,276,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
No, it isn't similar to showing off huge cleavage. Did you spend countless hours in the gym and at home perfecting those boobs? Or were you just born with that?

Most people do not wear clothing that is too small, as in the waist line shows their stomachs (especially men). The only time people with muscles try to show off is when they wear spandex infused shirts or when they wear nothing but sleeveless ts. I don't really care what they do honestly, they worked for it go head showcase it if you want.

For the most of us that workout, we wear normal clothing sizes, it just so happens that our figure hugs those normal sized clothes better and shows our definition, we aren't trying to show off the muscle, the muscle is just there.
Actually, I think a lot of the cleavage on display are implants. So I understand the impulse to show it off just like the guys who "worked" for their muscles. Boob jobs aren't cheap! Women "work" for those too.

But for naturally well endowed chicks, it is also true that "that is just the way the clothing fits us." And if we don't want that type of attention, we modify our dress. Men could too if they really wanted to.

But hey, nothing wrong with wanting attention out of your dress if that's your thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty