Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2014, 03:41 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,044,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
I'm all for taking care of yourself but if a straight guy is going as far as getting plastic surgery for vanity reasons, he's either interested in himself or another man.
Yea, straight guys don't get braces on their teeth either.....only homosexuals are that vain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2014, 11:39 AM

18,468 posts, read 31,635,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Yea, straight guys don't get braces on their teeth either.....only homosexuals are that vain.

can you imagine??????

Old 12-29-2014, 01:00 PM

894 posts, read 1,050,425 times
It depends on what it is. My friend's husband busted up his nose playing a pick-up game of hockey and had it fixed, so I think something like that isn't a huge deal. But a guy getting lipo, Botox, lip injections etc.? Yeah, that would be a bit much.

Old 12-29-2014, 01:04 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post
dont care

but for the sake of the thread, i will say that the guys have the same issues the women do

if you are electing to have cosmeti surgery and you dont have a deformity then you are trying to *fix* something that isnt broken

jmho
This. I would feel the exact same way as I do about girls who get plastic surgery. Instead of spending that money to cut up and change their physical appearance, it would be better spent in a therapist's office.

Old 12-29-2014, 01:22 PM

4,564 posts, read 5,417,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Straya View Post
Girls, what do you think of men who get plastic surgery Like nose or something. I know dating is a yes but what about marriage?
Im a dude and I know a lot of women who have had surgeries on their faces (nose jobs usually) but I dont know a single dude in real life who has gotten any work done. Not a single one. And I am in Los Angeles which is one of the world capitals for plastic surgery. ZERO dudes I know have had work done, but several women I know have had something done.

It just isnt popular at all among regular everyday dudes.

Old 01-07-2015, 10:44 AM

6,616 posts, read 4,880,599 times
Many men get hair transplants.

And GQ has a new article where the author reports that, except for his wife, the women (some from LA, I think) to whom he mentioned his pending transplant were revolted by the idea. But it looked good, those same women said who saw it later.

Old 01-07-2015, 12:29 PM

5,390 posts, read 9,692,068 times
I feel if there is a genuine need or desire for it then by all means, go ahead..... but when you're like getting botox injections in the face, ur lips done, lipo, higher cheek bones, etc.....then no.

But if u broke ur nose multiple times and wanna nose job or just have a big old honker u want shaved down, that's fine. Or you want like a larger chin to make ur face more symmetrical, I get it..... but lip injections and botox for a guy is a turn off.
also, pec implants, calf implants...def a no no
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty