Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2014, 07:51 PM

11,759 posts, read 14,652,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-fused View Post
Are you male?

We don't have to pull our pants down to our ankles. We undo our pants and pull the underwear band down as far as necessary.
I don't pay attention to what other men are doing in the gents, but I have never seen someone doing what you describe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2014, 08:40 PM

28,666 posts, read 18,784,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
I don't pay attention to what other men are doing in the gents, but I have never seen someone doing what you describe.
It's not obtrusive. You'd have to be squatting in front of him with your head at waist level to see it.

Old 12-30-2014, 08:03 AM

11,759 posts, read 14,652,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
It's not obtrusive. You'd have to be squatting in front of him with your head at waist level to see it.
G-fused described the process this way: "We undo our pants and pull the underwear band down . . ."

I assume this means he's talking about unbuckling his belt, unzipping his fly, unhooking the hook or button at the waistband, and then pulling down the underwear. You couldn't not notice this if you were next to the guy.

I really have no knowledge of what other men do, but I would be shocked if any significant share of the population who wear underwear with a built-in fly do not use it.

Old 12-30-2014, 02:52 PM

4,231 posts, read 6,907,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
G-fused described the process this way: "We undo our pants and pull the underwear band down . . ."

I assume this means he's talking about unbuckling his belt, unzipping his fly, unhooking the hook or button at the waistband, and then pulling down the underwear. You couldn't not notice this if you were next to the guy.

I really have no knowledge of what other men do, but I would be shocked if any significant share of the population who wear underwear with a built-in fly do not use it.
This conversation has only come up twice in my life when I was hanging out with guys. In both cases it was akin to someone saying a Jerry Seinfeld-esque "and what's with the opening in front of men's underwear? does anyone actually use it?" Two groups of people, maybe 15 the one time and 5 another time. Each time, 0 guys said they used it.

I would be surprised if an appreciable share of the population DID use it.

Old 12-30-2014, 02:57 PM

2,054 posts, read 2,568,281 times
I don't pay much attention to it, to tell the truth. Usually just roll the right pants leg up a couple inches and go....

Old 12-31-2014, 11:51 AM

6,459 posts, read 7,795,049 times
Maybe I'll just wear my underwear backwards.

My circle of family and friends are Seinfeldesque - always have been, before Seinfeld was around. My wife doesn't like the show. When I asked her why she said it's too much like her life so she doesn't find it entertaining.

Old 12-31-2014, 12:21 PM

12,108 posts, read 23,278,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-fused View Post
I wear a suit to work. Everyday. So you don't undo your pants? You use the zipper only, then dig inside, snatch the flap, then dig inside in there again, pull out your wilie make sure it clears your pants, and then after your done work backwards to get it back in? I honestly would not have guessed that anyone does that.

And there is usually a bit of drip at the end too. Doesn't the urine get on your pants? And isn't there a good chance that your hair (or worse yet...your skin) will get snagged on the zipper?

I can think of an endless amount of issues.
Most men do that. I think it is strange when I see a guy unbuckling his pants at a urinal (it reminds me of a child); and, from my observations, is far less popular than simply unzipping your fly.

Old 01-04-2015, 03:30 PM

287 posts, read 623,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzleman View Post
Does that underwear wick away moisture? My biggest problem is not support, but when I walk around a lot I sweat and the underwear gets damp with the moisture trapped. Then I end up with crotch rot. It comes and goes. I had a bout of it a year ago last summer and then this Thanksgiving weekend.
Wear boxers. I never have a problem with this because the moisture isn't trapped, so I advise switching. More comfortable too.

Old 01-04-2015, 03:43 PM

4,231 posts, read 6,907,661 times
Boxer briefs are by far the most comfortable to me. I go with a nice athletic fabric so that it is comfortable and dry whether I am working out or just at work. Boxers were always very uncomfortable, no support, and bunchy to me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty