Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you
Yes 36 76.60%
Sometimes 11 23.40%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2015, 05:52 PM

26 posts, read 34,122 times

Advertisements

I know it's not the most esoteric thing in the world to think, but I have a load of allergies, and also physically what is considered a kindof freaky body, and I'm going bald and yadayada.

I often look at pretty young people who I'm barely older than anyway and wish I had their body. It really annoys me to see people with such great bodies, goin' around having great sex and being attractive to everybody. Yeah, I know I sound like some desperate dick who can't get any. But hey I'm gonna be honest about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2015, 06:28 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,187,535 times
Sure. I don't obsess over it. But if I see a hot women, I give her props. She is pretty, and I would love having her looks.

But, I don't think on it too much. it's more a passing thought.

Old 01-10-2015, 06:32 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,207,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarsonDavidly View Post
I know it's not the most esoteric thing in the world to think, but I have a load of allergies, and also physically what is considered a kindof freaky body, and I'm going bald and yadayada.

I often look at pretty young people who I'm barely older than anyway and wish I had their body. It really annoys me to see people with such great bodies, goin' around having great sex and being attractive to everybody. Yeah, I know I sound like some desperate dick who can't get any. But hey I'm gonna be honest about it.

I never look at anyone and wish I had anything of theirs, no point in wasting my time since I am me and they are them.
You can change your body if you choose to, you can do something about the hair loss if you choose to, you can take medication for the allergies if you choose to and you can be attractive to someone if you choose to.
Look around you at all the couples who are together, are they all "perfect beauties" from the magazine covers? No they are not, they are regular people just like you.

Old 01-10-2015, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I never look at anyone and wish I had anything of theirs, no point in wasting my time since I am me and they are them.
Well you certainly sound everything must be just the way you want it then, shame we can't all be as good as that sadly.

Quote:
You can change your body if you choose to,
I can't change my bone structure and it puts people off. So I'd love to know how you'd tell me to change that if you apparently think it's possible. I have an abnormally developed skeleton, like someone in a circus, and it's very rare. No change there.. and yes everyone I've met is totally put off by it. Maybe now you'll understand a bit more about why I feel like I do.

Quote:
you can do something about the hair loss if you choose to, you can take medication for the allergies if you choose to and you can be attractive to someone if you choose to.
There's no known medication for the allergy I have. Seeing as I've had the condition years and you've only just read one of my posts, it should hardly need saying that I've already explored every possible cure/medication there could be for the condition.

Quote:

Look around you at all the couples who are together, are they all "perfect beauties" from the magazine covers? No they are not, they are regular people just like you.
I'm not ONLY interested in whether a partner likes it or not, but also my own satisfaction in it.

Old 01-10-2015, 06:49 PM

3,167 posts, read 3,999,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarsonDavidly View Post

Anyone can have a great body. It just takes a lot of hard work and discipline. I've had a great body, and I've had a not so great body. The former is much better, but seeing people who looked great didn't make me wish I had their bodies, it just made me feel guilty for letting mine go.

Old 01-10-2015, 06:59 PM

22,556 posts, read 47,614,734 times
Quote:
This.
100%.
NO ONE is perfect.

You have to stop comparing yourself to others and be the best YOU possible.

RuPaul — 'If you don't love yourself, how in the hell you gonna love somebody else?'

Old 01-10-2015, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnseca View Post
Anyone can have a great body. It just takes a lot of hard work and discipline. I've had a great body, and I've had a not so great body. The former is much better, but seeing people who looked great didn't make me wish I had their bodies, it just made me feel guilty for letting mine go.

See the above comment re. the deformed skeleton.

Old 01-10-2015, 08:05 PM

234 posts, read 327,736 times
Absolutely not, because I am the woman who you look at and wish to be like me.

Old 01-10-2015, 08:14 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,856,735 times
Perfect bodies don't last. Age, life and gravity will get to everyone eventually. It's better to learn to like yourself and realize that there's more to you than just your physical appearance.

You don't have to have a perfect body to have good sex either. Plenty of ugly people are out there having a good time. They make the best of what they've got or they cultivate a personality that has appeal beyond the superficial. Someone who is confident in himself is very sexy, even if he's not physically attractive.

Old 01-10-2015, 09:17 PM

1,254 posts, read 1,057,608 times
I cannot answer this poll because my answer would be no. I am happy with what God gave me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty