Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2015, 03:15 PM

1,167 posts, read 1,802,986 times

Advertisements

this topic is concerning blazers, suits, dress tops. also, not looking for ridiculously expensive brands

i'm looking for some recommendations for top heavy muscle men. i am a meathead. i lift a lot. i have a huge chest, huge arms, and small waist. nothing ever fits probably for me. slim fit doesn't work, i need like slim slim slim fit. arms are always too tight and armholes never feel properly

any suggestions besides tailored (which i already do)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2015, 03:41 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,351,125 times
For button ups, 7 diamond from the buckle is very good. Still a bit tight but they are stretchy so way better than most.

Also, you make no mention of legs which should be as big if not bigger issue. Sounds like you need to train your legs more. I have as many if not more problem finding pants as I do shirts. I wear a 32-33 waist and my quads are 25". Not huge in bodybuilding standards but enough to make normal pants hard.

Old 01-17-2015, 03:51 PM

1,167 posts, read 1,802,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
For button ups, 7 diamond from the buckle is very good. Still a bit tight but they are stretchy so way better than most.

Also, you make no mention of legs which should be as big if not bigger issue. Sounds like you need to train your legs more. I have as many if not more problem finding pants as I do shirts. I wear a 32-33 waist and my quads are 25". Not huge in bodybuilding standards but enough to make normal pants hard.
pants are fine. i buy 32/30 (even though my waist i can fit 30). only change i had to make for my pants is i can't buy slim fit anymore, have to buy straight but no big deal its easy to find new pants

Old 01-18-2015, 12:03 AM

3,278 posts, read 5,343,228 times
I vote western wear. Get some Cowboy boots.

Old 01-21-2015, 12:22 AM

6,602 posts, read 4,811,009 times
Not for dress clothing. Not that I'm very muscular, but my shape is somewhat similar. Because there are always custom options and possible alterations, I guess it isn't worth any company's time to make dress clothing specifically for muscle-bound upper bodies, which can vary a lot anyway.

Old 01-21-2015, 01:43 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,209,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
Not for dress clothing. Not that I'm very muscular, but my shape is somewhat similar. Because there are always custom options and possible alterations, I guess it isn't worth any company's time to make dress clothing specifically for muscle-bound upper bodies, which can vary a lot anyway.

You can get a custom made shirt for less than $100. The non wrinkle slim cut shirts from Brooks Brothers are $70, so you don't spend that much more. The pricing just depends on if you want a shirt made in the UK/USA, or China.

Like these:

Custom Dress Shirts - Proper Cloth
Custom Dress Shirts: Men's Tailored Dress Shirt | Daniel George - Chicago
Custom Shirts, Tailored Shirts, Dress Shirts | Modern Tailor Custom Tailored Suits and Shirts

Old 01-21-2015, 01:47 AM

460 posts, read 996,458 times
I have never heard of a man refer to a shirt as a "top" before, I thought that was something only women said. Anyway, for dress shirts and suits, they make athletic cuts, which are wider in the chest, arms and shoulders and narrower at the waist. It's very common.

Old 01-21-2015, 08:53 AM

4,613 posts, read 4,772,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepman91919 View Post
I have never heard of a man refer to a shirt as a "top" before, I thought that was something only women said. Anyway, for dress shirts and suits, they make athletic cuts, which are wider in the chest, arms and shoulders and narrower at the waist. It's very common.
If the OP is as large as I would believe, these clothes would be too small. The "athletic" cut clothes are tailored trimmer in the waist, but are not large enough to accommodate those with bodybuilder/lineman type physiques.

All I can say is: Good luck, OP. I have a few bodybuilder friends and they all either go custom 100% of the time (which is crazy pricey) or they stick with t-shirts/sweatpants/etc.

Old 01-21-2015, 12:33 PM

6,602 posts, read 4,811,009 times
Yeah to that (not allowed to rep now). Also, depending on the show-off factor, the shirt/jacket fit might not be narrow enough in the waist; while "athletic" cut suit pants usually will be too big in the waist. I'm not sure most people live near places where they can be measured for sub-$100 dress shirts. Remote ordering is a minefield.

Old 01-24-2015, 11:13 PM

898 posts, read 1,210,644 times
you would be a star on rich piana's youtube channel
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty