Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2015, 11:38 AM

48 posts, read 65,031 times

Advertisements

If you wear boot cut or flaired jeans, check out dansko's They come in fun colors/etc and they totally are the most comfortable shoes I've ever warn. I used to walk 3 miles or so a day in Tokyo and they lasted forever (I think I'm on my third pair in 6 years after wearing them almost daily) -- they're comfy as hell and easy on your feet/body.

Dansko

I even got away with wearing my leapord print ones with a work pant to the office!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2015, 01:47 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,816,424 times
Alegria shoes. They're available in select stores or online (Zappos has a big selection). Finding comfortable shoes (that stay comfortable) has always been a problem for me, too. But these are one of the most comfortable pair I've ever had. And they're cute!

Old 01-25-2015, 03:51 PM

1,946 posts, read 7,358,411 times
Thank you everyone .

Old 01-25-2015, 09:41 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,041,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baileyvpotter View Post
Josef Seibel has some great comfortable shoes. I like to try shoes on and the only place that I can
find his shoes is Nordstroms. Some of the shoes on the website are only available in the UK.
They are very well made and a bit more expensive (but they do last).

Women's Collection: The European Comfort Shoe
Seibel's are good shoes. They don't have enough under the arch for me to be comfortable. But they look like nice quality shoes. They might work for the OP.

Old 01-26-2015, 05:55 AM

4,899 posts, read 6,203,902 times
^^^I know what you mean. They used to have many shoes with arch supports that were stylish. Since mine have lasted
so long, I don't know how many they currently have available on line or at Nordstroms.

Old 01-26-2015, 06:42 AM

6,457 posts, read 6,640,714 times
Great thread. I also have found it difficult to find truly comfortable shoes in any look, let alone stylish-looking. I have often joked that I need to start a shoe company, because a huge need exists for cute and dressy looking comfy shoes.

So many times, I'll find something that looks nice, and SHOULD be comfy (flat, good width in the toe box), but a complete lack of cushioning or arch support makes them useless to me. As I have gotten older, I have less fat on the balls of my feet, so I need a shoe with plenty of cushion. Sometimes I end up buying shoes a little bit large and adding a nice memory foam insole. Ahhhh, I love a good cushiony feel.

Old 01-26-2015, 06:54 AM

6,615 posts, read 6,515,747 times
My feet get very painful if I stand or walk a lot.(I think I have arthritis in my feet)

For outside wear with pants, I have three different styles of Keds. Love them all. Keds Shoes for Women | DSW

This style of Birkenstocks (with the SOFT footbed) http://www.amazon.com/Birkenstock-Wo...s+soft+footbed are the ONLY thing I can wear around the house and not get sore feet from standing in my kitchen cooking. I also have a pair that I use outside in the summer.

Old 01-26-2015, 07:56 AM

12,054 posts, read 23,298,753 times
Take a look at Sketchers Go Walks. They have quite a few styles and I love them. Get lots of compliments on mine and they are very comfortable.

Old 01-26-2015, 08:04 AM

2,382 posts, read 5,383,892 times
I've had good luck with Born brand loafers and such. I prefer to wear a bootcut jean and these fit well, and the loafers are easy slip on and off

Old 01-26-2015, 08:05 AM

2,382 posts, read 5,383,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SXMGirl View Post
Take a look at Sketchers Go Walks. They have quite a few styles and I love them. Get lots of compliments on mine and they are very comfortable.
I used to wear their shoes alot but it seems that the last couple pairs I bought - the cushioning was a bit thin on the very bottom and the balls of my feet would hurt if I wore them a long time on hard surfaces ( like all day street fair or something)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty