Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2015, 04:42 PM

4,856 posts, read 5,818,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Really ?
Yes, and there was something else I completly forgot during my capri reply. I didn't say a thing on anyone harping on guages, I think my opinion of polos and deck shoes can slide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2015, 04:45 PM

4,856 posts, read 5,818,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
Are you suggesting that shorts should go below the knee? Ew.
Pffft.

Old 01-28-2015, 04:46 PM

356 posts, read 365,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
Yeah, right on! I'd really like to see the Duck Dynasty thing end. I'd also not shed a tear if women stopped with all the phony bologna body parts, etc. And the endless tat trend littering up the otherwise gorgeous skin on females... That's skin hoarding, and like home hoarding, it's just not pretty.
Yes beards and tattoos...one person does it then every one wants to do it.

Old 01-28-2015, 04:50 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,515,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeniusGirl800 View Post
There are so many ugly trends in fashion these days I don't know where to begin! Which popular trends do you wish would vanish?

I HATE the "hipster" look! There is nothing new about wearing your parents old flannel shirts. They were ugly then and ugly now! And why spend over $100 on ugly ripped jeans? And what is up with guys and buns/chignons? I mean he could have the face of grizzly bear with the bushiest beard you ever seen but the tightest little bun on the back of his head?

What trends bother you the most?
Yeah. My son went to Chicago for college and came back a total hipster. Long (ish) hair; skinny jeans; flannel shirts and THIN.

Yuck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
For me it's the ear gauges. I'm not opposed to body piercing but when they get up to a 1" or more stretch it just puts me off.

https://www.google.com/search?q=pier...ced+ear+gauges
Oh my. Those really make me ill. One time I went to Chipotle and the server had HUGE gages in; really it's all I could look at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer_land View Post
Skinny jeans. Just doesn't look good on petite, short, and (currently) overweight women like me. Or maybe I just wish I was skinnier.

And I've been seeing those bull-rings on girls across Instagram. Gross. Makes the prettiest girls look not pretty. Never been a fan of nose rings, and these bull rings are the worst.
Nose rings, yeah. I GUESS I could live with a tiny stud in the side if my son dated a girl with one; but the other . . . Nope, nope, nope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDude1 View Post
On women: The ultra high heels. I'm not talking about normal high heels. I'm talking about the shoes that make it seem like one is walking on stilts. It really looks bad.

On men: I have to agree the hipster bearded flannel look is old now. Like tattoos, it lost its "counter-cultureness" a long time ago.
Someone please tell my kid. Tired of flannel and skinny jeans.

Old 01-28-2015, 05:02 PM

4,481 posts, read 3,637,234 times
Those young black men who wear their hair in two school girl pigtails - so stupid looking.
All men in wool caps with tee shirts and shorts when its 90 degrees out - your head couldn't possibly be cold.
I still don't get the girls wearing UGGS when it is hot out with tiny shorts - you live in California not Chicago.
Those fake eyelashes that make the girls look like they have tarantulas on their eyelids.
I don't understand why anyone thinks they look good with pink, ice blue, lollipop red or purple hair.

Old 01-28-2015, 05:11 PM

356 posts, read 365,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praline View Post
Those young black men who wear their hair in two school girl pigtails - so stupid looking.
All men in wool caps with tee shirts and shorts when its 90 degrees out - your head couldn't possibly be cold.
I still don't get the girls wearing UGGS when it is hot out with tiny shorts - you live in California not Chicago.
Those fake eyelashes that make the girls look like they have tarantulas on their eyelids.
I don't understand why anyone thinks they look good with pink, ice blue, lollipop red or purple hair.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...b62dc18d6b.jpg

Old 01-28-2015, 05:13 PM

371 posts, read 456,515 times
I agree that gauges never look good, but it seems like many of you don't actually know people with gauges. I've had a lot of friends over the years who have had ear gauges at some point, and their ears always "shrink" back to normal size once they've had the gauges out for a while. It takes time, but the gaping hole in the lobe does close over time. It's not exactly permanent, so I don't know why anyone would need plastic surgery to correct it.

Now if you've had huge gauges for 10+ years, then maybe they won't close on their own. But many people will wear 'em during high school or college, then take them out once they get a real job.

Although there are many trends that I don't personally like, I don't really wish any would just "go away". I don't really care how people choose to express themselves. Certain things are just bad. Like the sloppy college girl look that I've already mentioned. But you can't make ugly clothing go away any more than you can make ugly PEOPLE go away. Y'know?

I'd love to be surrounded by beautiful people all day every day, but I only experience that when I'm at home

Old 01-28-2015, 06:40 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,358,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiona13 View Post
I never understood pjs in public thing. I mean, even if you're running to the store or just dropping a kid off at school, does it really take more than 2 seconds to throw on a pair of jeans?? Maybe these people never do laundry?
Guilty. But before you condemn me, understand that I drop my kids off for swim practice at 5:00 a.m., and I don't leave the car until I'm safely home again.

Old 01-28-2015, 06:52 PM

1,638 posts, read 3,830,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Guilty. But before you condemn me, understand that I drop my kids off for swim practice at 5:00 a.m., and I don't leave the car until I'm safely home again.
i'm guilty of it, too. i live lin Seattle where it's cold and rainy about 9 months out of the year. I'm not going to get dressed to go through the carpool lane at school. The neighbors can clutch their pearls if they see my nightgown poking out under my coat. I'm comfy and cozy, and don't curr what anyone else thinks

Old 01-28-2015, 09:29 PM

1,935 posts, read 4,774,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeniusGirl800 View Post
There are so many ugly trends in fashion these days I don't know where to begin! Which popular trends do you wish would vanish?

What trends bother you the most?
Makeup, and makeup.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty