Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2015, 01:02 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,795,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OuiOui View Post
Also blame Victoria Secret Pink collection for making sloppy college girls think they're cute. I was SURROUNDED by this during college.
If you're gonna cake on that much makeup, at least put on some decent clothes to match. Or if you're truly lazy and just feel like wearing sweats to class, don't try to make it look cute. Just don't.
There's a chicken/egg thing here. Blame VS for making clothes like this, or blame all the sloppy college girls for shopping at the same store?

Either way, I agree. It's basically become a "uniform" for college campuses, airports....anywhere, really. Sweats, yoga pants, etc....you're either trying to be put together or you're not, but these are NOT "put together".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2015, 01:03 PM

8,612 posts, read 10,762,267 times
Cheering you all on! No yoga pant haters? Let them go T F away, too. It's soo three years ago and even then they weren't cool. And Uggs? Gawd, that's almost what, like five or six years old now? Ughs.

Old 01-27-2015, 01:10 PM

2,547 posts, read 4,228,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OuiOui View Post
Also blame Victoria Secret Pink collection for making sloppy college girls think they're cute. I was SURROUNDED by this during college.
If you're gonna cake on that much makeup, at least put on some decent clothes to match. Or if you're truly lazy and just feel like wearing sweats to class, don't try to make it look cute. Just don't.
And the funny thing that I'm seeing now with these girls as they get into their 30s - a couple kids, 15-20 lbs, and few grey hairs and wrinkles later, and they're still pretty much dressing the same way except they no longer have time for the makeup. And they're acting like martyrs and sighing how having kids leaves them with no time to take care of themselves, how they always put the kids first and after having them they lost their style and looks, etc. Um, no, you never HAD the style in the first place, you were just young and cute so you could pull it off better. Now suddenly that tank top and sweats are not so cute on a 30 something mom body as it was on an 18 year old one. Guess what, it doesn't take all that much time to put something on that actually looks decent and put-together - be it at 40 or 16.

Old 01-27-2015, 01:11 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinaCarlotta View Post
who is this? He looks familiar and I'm probably gonna slap my forehead once someone tells me, because I'm sure it's going to be obvious once I know.

Leggings, go TF away.
This is Marlon Brando when he was young. He was beautiful, wasn't he?

http://todayspictures.slate.com/2007.../PAR196007.jpg

http://s2.storage.snapzu.com/aa/17/a..._fpi_large.jpg

He was even a beautiful Nazi.

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/4...0/U1134438.jpg

Old 01-27-2015, 01:20 PM

18,527 posts, read 18,748,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilCookie View Post
Agree on the harem pants but what's wrong with funnel neck coats? You mean the wool coats with the stand-up high collars, right? I actually think they're really elegant and feminine..

I concur with hating the hipster look, especially on guys with the skinny jeans and the neck beards, oh and the stupid oversized glasses with no prescription - urrgh.

Also hate this particular look teenage/college girls like to sport, the "I just rolled out of bed, don't I look so cute and cool and comfy" presented as some sort of fashion statement - usually baggy sweats or pajama pants tucked into uggs, coupled with a messy bun and flawless, overdone makeup with smoky eyes or designer sunglasses, tons of bronzer and lip gloss with a smug duck lips expression. I think it started with the paparazzi 'celebs out running errands' photos in magazines, yuck, it bugs me so much
oh the funnel neck coats knock my hair out of place cant stand that... hahaha

Old 01-27-2015, 01:29 PM

2,865 posts, read 3,631,075 times
I tried to buy her some clothes for Christmas and all pants, even "nice" pants, are skin tight. It's just not a good look for most people.

LOL Wife has issue with this. She wears jeans and used to wear Levi's 501s. Just plain, good old denim. These days one can't find ANYTHING denim for women WITHOUT stinking spandex!! What, do the jean manufacturers think EVERYONE wants to wear their jeans skintight? And no, she is way to young for "Mommy Jeans". It's like, you're either 20 years old or 70. She currently has to shop online at one place to purchase them. That is until THEY decide to switch over to spandex.

Old 01-27-2015, 01:30 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,825,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeniusGirl800 View Post
My biggest problem with cross-body bags is that you really can't use them! I have to carry around a large tote bag or satchel to fit all my stuff. Most cross-body bags I see won't fit more than a credit card and cell phone.

I don't really care for uneven hems either. I really feel like fashion is getting sloppier every day. Doesn't anybody dress up a little from time to time?

And the long, asymmeyrical tops look ridiculous when layered. I saw someone hawking her line of those things on one of the shopping channels, and the models had short, tailored blazers over them. Schmattas!. Lol!

Old 01-27-2015, 01:33 PM

22,591 posts, read 47,670,343 times
Schlepping in schmattas!

Old 01-27-2015, 01:34 PM

3,550 posts, read 1,549,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
This is Marlon Brando when he was young. He was beautiful, wasn't he?
D'oh! See, I should have known that. Thanks for not leaving me hanging. It would have kept me up at night. I thought it was Paul Newman until I saw his pictures. And yes, I could look at his face all day. Both, actually.

Old 01-27-2015, 01:41 PM

2,593 posts, read 4,239,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Beards on hipsters. Why hide your face behind this ugly bush?

Plus the douchebag glasses (sunglasses with white frame)
In the past year or two I've noticed that the trend has evolved from hipster to homeless looking.

In some areas it's actually quite fashionable now to never shave, cut your hair, use deodorant, bathe or shower. I was in a brewpub recently sitting near some guys who looked no different than guys you see sitting at intersections with change jars in their hands and they smelled just as bad. The only way you could tell they weren't homeless is because they all had the newest iPhone 6 plus & were ordering $8 stouts on draft.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty