Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2015, 11:41 AM

2,898 posts, read 6,346,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephy0519 View Post
Not sure if it's what you are asking....but I have white ink tattoos on each wrist--so, they are flesh colored. I love them. Make sure you find a reputable tattoo artist--not all of them know how to work with white ink.
Are they to cover scars & if so, did they do the trick?

My niece is white, but the surgery scars are even whiter than her skin color, so they are very noticeable. So, I'm not sure she needs white ink (if you're being literal)... slightly beige to match her skin tone. And, yes, thank you... I'll find an online pic of a scar similar to hers & plan to visit a few local artists to ask them myself. In fact, I've noticed that some allow one to ask for an online quote & even upload artwork. I prefer face to face, but if I find an artist further away, I can always email first.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2015, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
Revlon colorstay foundation will stay on for a couple of days if you don't wash it off with soap. I know that's not a whole week, but it's not too bad. The kind I like is not the liquid, it's a crème in a short glass jar. It doesn't come off when you sweat. You can blend it after you put it on. I'd tried some Cover Girl 24 hour waterproof foundation before that dried too quickly to apply easily, so I know what you mean about that.
I've gotten her professional body makeup... it doesn't smudge or come off on clothing. It actually is waterproof & will stay on for multiple showers, but the problem is getting an exact match, so that's why she removes it daily. We did try facial makeup before & it just comes off too easily or smudges on clothing.

Quote:
What about having your niece see a dermatologist or a plastic surgeon to see if anything can be done for the scars?
Firstly, price. She has no health insurance. Also, she works PT. She can't afford to see a surgeon.

Quote:
I've also heard that using a derma roller (it's got lots of very fine needles that you roll over your skin and it makes little holes) helps with some scars.
Never heard of it, but I looked it up & it's interesting. I'll have to read more about it. Thank you, again!

Old 01-31-2015, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cattusbabe View Post
THE BEAU INSTITUTE OF PERMANENT MAKEUP This is a training center for cosmetic tattoo. Hope this helps.
Thank you so much, Cat!

Old 01-31-2015, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
I'd skip the tattoo and find a distinctive cuff style bracelet that I loved, and was wide enough to cover the scar. Problem solved.
Already addressed above. Somebody didn't read the posts...

Old 01-31-2015, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooksmom View Post
I do Permanent Makeup. I have not seen the type and severity of your niece's arm scars, but there is no amount of PMU that will change those to the extent she wants them changed.
You've misunderstood... they're not severe, comparing them to many deep scars I've seen pics of online. They're just noticeable & on her wrist/forearm, so the natural assumption seems to be that she was a cutter or had a suicide attempt. Of course you realize this can cause problems at work, if someone sees them, no? It has been commented on before & 1 boss told her to cover her arm as it was upsetting to others.

You're missing the point & suggesting therapy isn't helpful. She's not hiding in the attic in tears... she's wanting to wear a bathing suit or short sleeves to work or in the summer & not be stared at or given judgmental comments. She's not the problem, let me make that clear. I only asked about physical fixes, nothing more. If she wants to try to do something permanent, she should. You're judging her.

Old 02-01-2015, 02:25 AM

6,380 posts, read 6,270,742 times
I would try direct application of a concealer pencil as opposed to foundation slathered up an down the entire arm.

If/when she is ready to address the dents, there are many permanent and no permanent skin "fillers" that might help her.

Old 02-01-2015, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
I would try direct application of a concealer pencil as opposed to foundation slathered up an down the entire arm.

If/when she is ready to address the dents, there are many permanent and no permanent skin "fillers" that might help her.
She does try to fill in (color match) the indentations, but concealer does smudge off onto clothing, just like foundation or any makeup product. We actually were working with powders (and even a beige eye shadow kit)... the color is great if one wants to spend time... & sometimes remove & reapply, if it's too dark/light and/or glompy... but, all facial makeup products smear and/or come off. That's why she's using waterproof body makeup... it's main purpose is to cover varicose veins. As I mentioned before... sometimes she slathers her arm as it's too hard to get an exact color match & she's going to be in the noonday sun in summer in a bathing suit or short sleeves... otherwise, she just spends 10-15 min covering scars.

I didn't know about the fillers, so I'll look it up, thank you. She's young, so doesn't have $$$ to spend on cosmetic procedures, yet. Her scars are whiter pigmented & even if camouflaged perfectly as far as color match... the slight indentations are still seen, although they're by no means severe. Just thought I'd mention it again as some aren't reading all the posts or my OP. It's more the unfortunate place of the tumor removal (inside of wrists & inside forearm) that make them stand out as much as they do.

Thanks everyone. I think I've got enough info to begin searching for a better treatment/coverup.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty