Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 02:35 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,523,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
tons of receipts (I don't clean those out often enough)
The ease with which I can accumulate a veritable ticker tape parade of receipts is out of control when I carry a larger bag...it's one of the main perks of carrying a small bag...it forces me to sort out and dispose of receipts more regularly. A big old bag chock full of old receipts, gum/mint/cough drop wrappers, and assorted refuse is one of my major nails-on-the-chalkboard things, and carrying a minimal, small bag really helps me keep that in check.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2015, 02:49 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,392,149 times
Slouchy seems to work best for my casual lifestyle and every day use, especially since I have 4 little ones:

I had a lot more structured bags when I was working, but now most of my structured bags are solely for getting dressed up.

Old 02-02-2015, 02:58 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,842,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachSalsa View Post
Huh. OK. I keep lip balm in my car or winter jacket pocket. My phone keeps a charge all day, so I don't have to worry about that. I have my garage door opener in my car, so don't need a house key (besides, my doors all have keypads to enter code). No mailbox key. My nails are short short. I take my vitamins at home. Gum is in car and at desk at work. Rarely take Advil. Don't wear makeup.
I have lip balm and hand cream in my car but I only use my car 1-2 days a week. Also when I am out late I want to make sure I can look up transit schedules or take uber. Better safe than sorry. Even if I do not use the phone charger.

And I wear mostly skirts and dresses. No pockets there most of the time. I switch jackets more than purses. I have washed many a lip balm over the years.

I don't keep my nails long most of the time, but that snagging feeling sucks. And 2 washes and my hands need lotion because they are ashy. #3 and it starts getting painful!

Old 02-02-2015, 03:04 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,348,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
I assume you don't menstruate?

The one time that purse/purse size becomes critical is when I have to carry tampons.
I do, but I use an alternative product and have no need to carry tampons. I'll spare you the details.

Old 02-02-2015, 03:08 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,944,326 times
Quote:
The ease with which I can accumulate a veritable ticker tape parade of receipts is out of control when I carry a larger bag...it's one of the main perks of carrying a small bag...it forces me to sort out and dispose of receipts more regularly. A big old bag chock full of old receipts, gum/mint/cough drop wrappers, and assorted refuse is one of my major nails-on-the-chalkboard things, and carrying a minimal, small bag really helps me keep that in check.
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to TabulaRasa again." Too funny, Tabula! And great point. It doesn't help that modern receipts are not just receipts anymore. They are also ads, unwanted coupons, surveys, accumulated shopper card point tallies, etc, etc. This makes each receipt as long as my old college chemistry textbook. Now I know when my utility providers claim they want to send me ebills merely in the interest of going green, it's just a BS excuse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Slouchy seems to work best for my casual lifestyle and every day use, especially since I have 4 little ones:
Those bags are gorgeous TheImportersWife. I love the colors and designs. I'd like to know where you got them, if you don't mind letting me in on your secret

Old 02-02-2015, 03:12 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,348,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to TabulaRasa again." Too funny, Tabula! And great point. It doesn't help that modern receipts are not just receipts anymore. They are also ads, unwanted coupons, surveys, accumulated shopper card point tallies, etc, etc. This makes each receipt as long as my old college chemistry textbook. Now I know when my utility providers claim they want to send me ebills merely in the interest of going green, it's just a BS excuse.
I refuse receipts unless there's a risk that I mght need to return a product. Cash receipts for food that I cannot refuse go straight into the bin.

Old 02-02-2015, 03:12 PM

4,977 posts, read 5,760,062 times
Quote:
I assume you don't menstruate?

The one time that purse/purse size becomes critical is when I have to carry tampons.
Oh I do! Once a month! When it's that time, a jeans pocket for holding a few extra supplies works great!

Old 02-02-2015, 03:48 PM

4,040 posts, read 2,706,783 times
I like both styles... and it always depends on my mood when I am shopping too. I'm buying brighter, more different colors as well in both styles. I've never been "the purse has to match my shoes!" type of lady.

Old 02-02-2015, 03:53 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,944,326 times
While we're showing off, these are the bags I had made for me on Etsy. I like the wristlet better, because the brown leather one ended up being one of those dreaded deep, dark pit bags. The wristlet designer also made the strap adjustable so it doesn't fall off my small wrist. The wristlet has three eyes, a bow, and fangs. I wanted a fun bag, and it is that, for sure! Although the the brown one is too deep for my taste, it is very soft leather, has a lot of outside and inside pockets, and the interior is quite soft too. It is also the only bag I have that works with neutral colors. (Sorry, I do not know how to resize pics on CD).
Attached Thumbnails
Ladies: do you like your purses structured or slouchy?-purses.jpg  

Old 02-02-2015, 04:10 PM

27,332 posts, read 27,380,847 times
I don't do purses. My wallet and phone both fit into my pocket. Boom~done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty