Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2015, 09:32 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,353,667 times

Advertisements

I like all of your responses! Thanks for posting!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2015, 09:35 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
I'm not trendy. At all.

But I don't look dated, either. I tend to dress in very classic basics that don't really go in or out. Its not the most exciting, but it suits my budget to not buy things that are only on trend for a season or two. More bang for my buck, and I can inexpensively add interest with accessories.

Old 02-04-2015, 09:37 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
I have my own odd style. Everyone hates me for it, but I could care less. Clothes is one of the few things you have complete autonomy over. Why sacrifice it for the sake of trends ? When you are in a state of hopelessness & depression like me, priorities differ.

I sincerely doubt that "everyone hates you for your style." I think you are probably just living in your head.

Old 02-04-2015, 09:51 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
I'm very trendy.
I usually try the new styles if my butt can fit or find my size.

I love the clothes Robin Meade wears.She's gorgeous and funny at the same time.

I often look at how the newscasters dress/weather ladies.

However I copy their styles with waaaay cheaper clothes.

I still wear bootcut jeans though because they look nice on my short rounded butt.

Mid length bob, straight hair.

I loooove heart necklaces so Valentine's is fun for me.

The almond shape nails is a young thing to me, so I keep them short and painted.Not to mention its easier to text/type.

The gold fad I like but still wear my silver.

Love the bright bold lips and colorful eyes.

Although I'm very feminine, I can be a bit crazy in sports.lol!

Old 02-04-2015, 09:55 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,951,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
not since around 1989
Love this comment I'm not sure what OP means by "in style." Does she mean that crap they demonstrate on fashion runways in Paris and NY? If so, does any real person really wear that, because I sure don't, nor does anyone I've ever met. Or does she mean that clothing that is very popular wherever you live right now at the present time? Either way I don't because I'm short and very chesty, so I have to buy clothes that suit my body frame, and many clothing styles seem to be made for women who are 5'10" and weigh about 80 lbs

Also, I don't buy stuff I think looks ugly, even if it would look flattering on my body frame. I notice Sears and JC Penney has an abundance of loud, hideous prints in their shirts and dresses right now. I don't know who their designers are, but they sure haven't consulted with real women about what they like, I don't believe.

Old 02-04-2015, 10:00 AM

25,436 posts, read 9,793,288 times
No.

Old 02-04-2015, 10:16 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,353,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Love this comment I'm not sure what OP means by "in style." Does she mean that crap they demonstrate on fashion runways in Paris and NY? If so, does any real person really wear that, because I sure don't, nor does anyone I've ever met. Or does she mean that clothing that is very popular wherever you live right now at the present time? Either way I don't because I'm short and very chesty, so I have to buy clothes that suit my body frame, and many clothing styles seem to be made for women who are 5'10" and weigh about 80 lbs

Also, I don't buy stuff I think looks ugly, even if it would look flattering on my body frame. I notice Sears and JC Penney has an abundance of loud, hideous prints in their shirts and dresses right now. I don't know who their designers are, but they sure haven't consulted with real women about what they like, I don't believe.
Just to clarify: I was referring to the approach "this is what everybody should be wearing this season." And if you go to a local clothing or department store, the "current styles" are likely all you will find.

Examples: I recall reading on CD a long time ago someone who was asking why people wear boot-cut jeans when boot-cut jeans aren't in style, and why women wear pantyhose because they're not in style.

Last edited by Tia 914; 02-04-2015 at 10:17 AM.. Reason: add

Old 02-04-2015, 10:18 AM

6,005 posts, read 4,784,668 times
I used to care more about being fashionable. Now I'm more interested in being comfortable... not that I wear sweatpants and pajamas out in public. But I will choose jeans and a comfortable shirt over high heels and a dress that I have to wear tight undies with.

I recently bought a pair of "manly" hiking boots, even. They look funny sitting next to the high heels that I used to wear all the time. It looks like I had some Major Life Event that made me travel 180* in my choices of footwear. I guess getting older is a Major Life Event!

Old 02-04-2015, 11:02 AM

1,007 posts, read 1,125,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tia 914 View Post
Just to clarify: I was referring to the approach "this is what everybody should be wearing this season." And if you go to a local clothing or department store, the "current styles" are likely all you will find.

Examples: I recall reading on CD a long time ago someone who was asking why people wear boot-cut jeans when boot-cut jeans aren't in style, and why women wear pantyhose because they're not in style.
I like to keep up with current trends and fashions, more out of interest than guidance as to what to buy. It's fun to see what is new each season. I will try something new in the store, but if I don't like it I won't buy it. I wear what looks good on me regardless of whether it is "in" or not. Sometimes new accessories are all it takes to make me feel updated. Some of the trends I am just better off leaving on the models.

I wear boot cut jeans because they make my legs look proportional. I can wear straight leg jeans, but they are harder to find. Skinny jeans are not for me. I am not fat, but they make me feel fat. I never wear pantyhose. They are way too hot and uncomfortable. I have only seen one person wear them down here and they do look very dated.

Old 02-04-2015, 11:03 AM

29,443 posts, read 14,623,440 times
Doubtful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty