Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2015, 06:28 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,200,113 times

Advertisements

Without any facial hair, my face looks baby like.

I'll perhaps shave my mushy before kissing, but a bit of facial hair looks much better on me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2015, 07:39 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,636,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadKing88 View Post
I am talking about this length of stubble being acceptable or maybe a bit less. These are the lengths I prefer to keep my stubble at. I don't particularly like beards as they irritate my skin, but medium-thick stubble fits my face I think.

https://uk.images.search.yahoo.com/i...arch.yahoo.com
This is what my facial hair looks like, and this is about as long as I ever let it get. It's long enough that it isn't abrasive for women, which is important of course (don't need to give them any reason to not want to make out with you) Past this point it gets too scruffy/uneven, going over it with a guarded clipper keeps it tidy.

Old 02-06-2015, 07:44 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,636,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
Clean shaven!

The latest fad of having a 5 o'clock shadow will die out as soon as the celebs start shaving again.
Believe it or not, us guys don't follow celebrities lead nearly as much as women do. We just look in the mirror and go "damn, I look a lot better with facial hair, plus that means I get to be more lazy".

I look 5 years younger with a clean shaven face, just doesn't look right to me.

Old 02-06-2015, 08:08 AM

460 posts, read 1,003,853 times
I have often been told I look good with a goatee, but I am starting to think it's a little douchey plus going gray on the chin, so I don't have one any more. I happen to be able to grow a righteous mustache that looks good on me and there's no gray up there, but it's such a polarizing thing that I don't do it unless I'm on vacation. A bald guy with a big mustache hanging off his face can be a little too intimidating for some.

Old 02-06-2015, 10:04 AM

19,697 posts, read 20,221,774 times
I'm generally more attracted to men w/ some form of facial hair, the chin/jaw especially.

Old 02-06-2015, 10:22 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,417,724 times
I like it as long as it is clean and well groomed.

Old 02-06-2015, 12:46 PM

3,138 posts, read 2,778,414 times
My boyfriend has a beard now, and has been sporting one for the past 4 months. I like it very, very much .

Old 02-06-2015, 12:59 PM

6,756 posts, read 8,573,379 times
Guess it all depends. As a guy, I was always clean shaven, had the worst luck with women of any guy I'd ever met.
One older lady I knew told me to grow a full beard and moustache. Boy did that make a difference!

Went from 0 dates to full bore, up to 5 dates a week, (usually different women too!) in no time.

I met my wife while wearing a full beard, got married with a full beard, and for 27 years with my wife, with very few exceptions, I still wear a full beard although I have tried other styles like the van dyke, I still go back to full beard because that's what she likes.

She has told me that I look too nice when clean shaven, boy next door kind of thing, but a beard makes me look rougher, kind of dangerous, as I usually keep my hair really short, so I look like a biker I guess, so that's a turn on.

Whatever works

As an added bonus, I don't have to shave every morning and live with razor burn

Old 02-06-2015, 01:11 PM

1,511 posts, read 1,972,103 times
I was clean-shaven until the age of 37, when I started growing something of a beard just for the heck of it. I wasn't sure what my wife would think- if it ended up being a turn-off I would have gotten rid of it, but it turned out she really likes it, and I have grown used to it, so it stays.

I make sure it's always groomed, though. #4 for my cheeks and chin, #3 for the moustache zone, #1 under my chin down to the Adams apple, #0 below that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty