Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 09:06 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times

Advertisements

so what are you wearing tomorrow, Cali? I like your sense of style!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2008, 09:09 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,038,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calibound-Yorkiemom View Post
Girl you are SO telling the truth. LOL

ETAI saw your outfit pick for tomorrow. Nice choice! ;-) It sounds like we have similar taste in clothing.

Twinkle Toes Your parrot sounds too cute! How old is it?
She is a Sun Conure and I've had her for 13 years. She was just weaned when I got her. I just love her to death!!! Yeah, she's loud, messy and destructive, but she's just so dang CUTE!!!

Old 01-16-2008, 09:32 PM

253 posts, read 1,107,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
so what are you wearing tomorrow, Cali? I like your sense of style!
I take that as a true compliment. You sound like a serious fashionista. You will be sorry you asked this question b/c to tell you the truth I can't decide.

In the morning I have to take my yorkies to the vet. My vet attire is Juicy couture tracksuit, 2 juicy Couture dog purses that my husband carries and my one plastic/ Jelly Logo Christian Dior logo bag that matches my pink log Christian Dior Sneakers. I will; wear this with my black YSL rain coat with rabbit fur lining.This outfit is a bit of a uniform. This is my dress down outfit that I wear to the gym (in my building) to thew Vet or to walk the dogs.

When I get home I plan to change outfits to go shopping. I am thinking my favorite Chanel suit. It is a brown tweed from the Autumn 04 collection (don't quote me on that) I will wear it with my brown Sergio Rossi Boots & my Fendi Skunk bag that I posted a pic of on the purse thread( I love that bag) If I wear this outfit I will wear my brown fendi fur coat w/ my trapper fur hat.

Or I will wear my black & Snake Print Gucci Dress I forget what collection its from but it was back when Tom Ford was the head) I will wear it with my Black Marc Jacobs boots my grey mink with my matching grey mink fur headband. If I wear this I will wear my Alma sized Burgundy marc Jacobs bag.

I will most likely wear my Roberto Cavalli perfume since its been a while since I wore it.

The outfit is to go shopping for some Christian Louboutin shoes. I heard Oprah is having Christian Louboutin on her show on Friday & once that happens every middle american woman with more money thatn taste will be buying up all of the beautiful christian Louboutins and leaving me with the crap. I love Christian Louboutin. Right now he's my favorite shoe designer.

Which designers are your favs?

Old 01-16-2008, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
She is a Sun Conure and I've had her for 13 years. She was just weaned when I got her. I just love her to death!!! Yeah, she's loud, messy and destructive, but she's just so dang CUTE!!!
I'll bet she is! I love animals but I am quite ignorant about birds. Does she talk? How long do they live? Is she mean?

Old 01-17-2008, 07:31 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:
I take that as a true compliment. You sound like a serious fashionista. You will be sorry you asked this question b/c to tell you the truth I can't decide.

In the morning I have to take my yorkies to the vet. My vet attire is Juicy couture tracksuit, 2 juicy Couture dog purses that my husband carries and my one plastic/ Jelly Logo Christian Dior logo bag that matches my pink log Christian Dior Sneakers. I will; wear this with my black YSL rain coat with rabbit fur lining.This outfit is a bit of a uniform. This is my dress down outfit that I wear to the gym (in my building) to thew Vet or to walk the dogs.

When I get home I plan to change outfits to go shopping. I am thinking my favorite Chanel suit. It is a brown tweed from the Autumn 04 collection (don't quote me on that) I will wear it with my brown Sergio Rossi Boots & my Fendi Skunk bag that I posted a pic of on the purse thread( I love that bag) If I wear this outfit I will wear my brown fendi fur coat w/ my trapper fur hat.

Or I will wear my black & Snake Print Gucci Dress I forget what collection its from but it was back when Tom Ford was the head) I will wear it with my Black Marc Jacobs boots my grey mink with my matching grey mink fur headband. If I wear this I will wear my Alma sized Burgundy marc Jacobs bag.

I will most likely wear my Roberto Cavalli perfume since its been a while since I wore it.

The outfit is to go shopping for some Christian Louboutin shoes. I heard Oprah is having Christian Louboutin on her show on Friday & once that happens every middle american woman with more money thatn taste will be buying up all of the beautiful christian Louboutins and leaving me with the crap. I love Christian Louboutin. Right now he's my favorite shoe designer.

Which designers are your favs?
Ya had to get me started on that, didnt you???
I lovelovelove Chanel, both modern, and vintage! Its so timeless. I have the Chanel suit my mom got married in, its too small to wear, though. YSL, Lauren, Fendi,Prada, D&G, Dior, I am sure I am not thinking of everything, havent had enough espresso yet!
Shoes; love Louboutin, have several pairs. Oprah is gonna do the same thing to him that sex in the city did to Manolo Blahnik, love him too! I have a bunch of Chanel heels, flats, and boots.
Lovelovelove all my Versace shades and bags, along with all my Louis Vuitton bags, and Chanel bags and shades, of course!
Thanks for the compliment, and I return it!
I have to go back into my closet now and revisit what to wear today, its too warm for what I posted last night.

Old 01-17-2008, 09:02 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,169,951 times
I've never been a person huge on fashion names. More or less, I would rather buy a non-name item that looks good over a Fashion Name piece that I don't like. It's also easier on the wallet.

But for today, I will give the brands of my clothing:

I have a black with metal speckles Metro7 undershirt. Over that is an A&F sweater - 3 shades of blue. I'm wearing a pair of New York Company pair of khakis.

And my favorite I<3Comfort black flats.

That's right, I mix and match my name brands! MUAHAHA!

Old 01-17-2008, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Ya had to get me started on that, didnt you???
I lovelovelove Chanel, both modern, and vintage! Its so timeless. I have the Chanel suit my mom got married in, its too small to wear, though. YSL, Lauren, Fendi,Prada, D&G, Dior, I am sure I am not thinking of everything, havent had enough espresso yet!
Shoes; love Louboutin, have several pairs. Oprah is gonna do the same thing to him that sex in the city did to Manolo Blahnik, love him too! I have a bunch of Chanel heels, flats, and boots.
Lovelovelove all my Versace shades and bags, along with all my Louis Vuitton bags, and Chanel bags and shades, of course!
Thanks for the compliment, and I return it!
I have to go back into my closet now and revisit what to wear today, its too warm for what I posted last night.

So your mom is fab too? That sounds great. I grew up poor so my mom isn't really into big named fashion. In fact my mom wasn't into fashion period. She doesn't wear dresses, makeup or anything feminine. We are polar opposites.

I'm sorry the Chanel suit is too small. I have these 2 Chanel suits (one red & one black) that are too tight right now & a pair of Chanel leather pants that are too tight. As well as a whole host of other items. I put on too much wieght being home from work this long. I'm not giving up on them though. I am now getting on a diet & am going back to the gym. I am lucky to have a gym in my building so I can go in the middle of the night if I want.

I think Oprah will make it worse for Christian Louboutins than Sex & the City did to Manolos. There are still many folks across the US & abroad who did watch Sex & the City. There are so many folks who worship Oprah. Shes like the 2nd coming!
I was a Sex & the City fanatic. that show was our while I was in my early 20's. I always liked nice things but I couldn't always afford it. Once I could afford it I jump right into high fashion. Many people I know don't get my deal w/ fashion. That show may have had something to do with it (who am I kidding)

We love the same designers! I love all the ones you mentioned & I have loads of their stuff. I love Manolos too. One of my Yorkies is named Manolo. The other is named Chanel. I have several pairs of Manolos Jimmy Choos, & Guisseppe Zanottis but I only have 5 pair of Christian Louboutins. I need more! I also love Robeto Cavalli. I have loads of his stuff. I cant get enough of it.
As far as handbags go I try to spread the love around. I like a variety of designers but I guess I own more Prada & Fendi handbags than any other designers. Most of the other designers that I own I have 2 to 3 bags from that designer. I never feel like I have enough handbags though. I only have 1 Chanel, 1 Luella, 1 LV, Dolce & Gabanna,& 1 Judith Lieber. The rest of my designers I have multiple bags from them. I love my Marc Jacobs, Diors, Guccis & even my Coaches.I need a Balanciaga though. I know cry me a river.

Old 01-17-2008, 03:31 PM

859 posts, read 3,321,965 times
Today to work-

Black Coach ballet flats, black GAP sweater, black calvin klein pants and a black mini signature Coach bag.

then just got out of the shower and changed into Charter Club leopard pajamas! Not going any place else, it's snowing : )

Old 01-17-2008, 03:32 PM

859 posts, read 3,321,965 times
Quote:
Today I wore my hair curly. I wore my 2 pieced leopard print Jean Paul Gualitier skirt & top. I wore my pair of brown Christian Louboutin Wedge laced espidrilles (sp). I wore my Louis Vuitton Multicolored white Alma bag. I wore my brown & white shearling coat. I wore my spanx & Sicily perfume by Dolce & Gabanna.
Those Louboutin's sound HOT!

Old 01-18-2008, 06:49 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,169,951 times
Casual Friday!

Today, I put on a plain long-sleeve black shirt. Over that is my "Not now, I'm busy" gaming shirt. The pants are really nifty looking - black with gold stitching with cargo pockets.

Today, I've got a pair of vans on 'cause I might be going on a carrier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty