Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2015, 05:55 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,148,041 times

Advertisements

Origins has a ginger line line Im dying to try. Andalou Naturals is another brand.

Acure Organics is definately worth mulling over. You can wait out sales on Vitacost.com, you can also just search organic and natural products on the site for information on other brands, and look for the products 'Brand' site.

Macy's carries Origins and is well known for its discounts, sales. Sephora also has Origins as well, and Origins has their own site.

I believe Tarte is another brand worth mulling over where natural purity is concerned. They also have their own site, I think.

Im currently invested in Acure Organics for everything from shampoo and body wash to a facial regimen and Acure Mineral Protection SPF 30 sunscreen.

The lemongrass shampoo is lemony-scented heaven.

I also use Andalou Naturals All-in-One Beauty Balm sheer tint Brightening with SPF 30 as a foundation when Im planning on wearing makeup. I found them, and have over time recieved discounts on them @ Vitacost. Even at base price there is still a discount of sorts, and periodic 'per order' sales as well.

Search and research the brands available on Amazon.com, IF it simply must be purchased there. Maybe you will find them. You can also search for 'organic shampoo', or whatever product you want to find.

I have found a halfway decent 'organic deodorant'. Its a spray - citrus scent. EO All Day Clean. Also available at Vitacost, and Lucky Vitamin and probably more. Each bottle is small enough to carry with you a refresh during the day...and ... just search, lol.

Last edited by ConeyGirl52; 02-13-2015 at 06:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2015, 06:00 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,677,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmachina View Post
The link goes to a brand called "Bee Friendly." Is this different than Burts Bees brand?

I just want to make sure I look at the right one that you recommend.
Oops, this should be the correct link. This is what I have. (Sorry.)

http://www.amazon.com/Burts-Bees-Int...rts+bees+night

Old 02-13-2015, 07:55 PM

2,966 posts, read 5,216,536 times
Thanks Coneygirl! I will check those options out.

Also, I looked at the last link to the Burts Bees and noticed there is a 15% off coupon on it right now. The coupon showed up right under the price on my screen.

Old 02-13-2015, 08:29 PM

4,532 posts, read 8,870,575 times
I've been using Silk Skin moisturizer for years. http://secure.silkskin.com/store/index.aspx Good prices, good quality.

Old 02-13-2015, 08:47 PM

8,495 posts, read 4,160,449 times
If you have a lazy Saturday afternoon, you can mix up your own facial cream that will address your complexion issues more precisely and also you have control over the ingredients. You get a basic recipe from a natural cosmetics book (lots of them in the bookstore and libraries now due to the interest in natural cosmetics) and work from there - adding to it only ingredients you like and that your skin benefits from. If you don't have an afternoon to spare, you can try Lush products (they have mail order, I think).

Understand that homemade cosmetics expires more quickly because it has no preservatives - some even recommend putting your creations in the fridge, but read up on cosmetic safety.

Old 02-13-2015, 09:38 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,866,909 times
Melvita!

Old 02-13-2015, 09:41 PM

3,299 posts, read 3,025,823 times
I've used Alba Botanica for years. I have super sensitive skin and it has never caused any problems.

I used to get it at my local natural food store, but now I order it from Amazon.

Old 02-14-2015, 09:29 AM

8,105 posts, read 6,750,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nezlie View Post
I use organic, virgin coconut oil. It's a super moisturizer.

Like my friend likes to say about coconut oil.... "es muy chingón."
Yes to this! I just started using coconut oil and it's way better that the $150 bottles of stuff I was getting from my doctor.

Old 02-14-2015, 02:00 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,401,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmachina View Post
Can anyone recommend a line of natural skin care that is available on Amazon.com?

I am in desperate need of some moisturizing facial cream and/or night cream, and every brand I look at is filled with the most nasty chemicals imaginable. I cannot even pronounce half of the ingredients, and I recognize some as ingredients in anti-freeze and industrial chemical preservatives. Definitely not what I was slathered on my skin to soak into my body.

If you have used a natural line of skin care products and have been happy with them, would love to hear it. They don't have to be organic, but available on Amazon would be great because I get a lot of cash back bonuses and do a lot of shopping on the site. Also, nothing ultra high-end that costs $100.00 oz. I just want something that works well and wont clog pores.

Thanks in advance!
I've used Alaffia Roiboos and Shea that was natural. I got it at whole foods, and it is also available on Amazon.com...but it started to give me a rash! Previously I'd used Clinique moisture surge spray with no adverse affects, but I also prefer natural products. Their products are also fair trade: Alaffia - Rooibos & Shea Butter Antioxidant Face Cream - Alaffia

Sadly I can't really recommend them from personal experience. I'm not 100% sure they caused the rash, but it stopped when I stopped using the face cream. Now I'm back to basics with vitamin e oil. People are always SHOCKED when I tell them I'm not in my 20's. I'm not kidding. How did this happen? Lots of sleep and my treatment for skin in my 20s was pure vitamin e oil slathered on my face before bed time.

I'd stopped doing that while I was married because my husband didn't like it. But now I please myself, and it really is the BEST. You can get a high quality vitamin e oil on amazon.com or in whole foods. It will remove wrinkles and dark marks from your face and is an anti-oxidant. It is possible putting oil on your face may give you some zits, but personally I prefer one or two pimples to wrinkles and mottled skin.

Old 02-14-2015, 11:15 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
I'm using Cerave moisturizing cream, in the tub. I don't know about "organic" cosmetics because it all comes down to to the same stuff (chemicals are chemicals and we do not need to fear them), but what I do know is that I have ridiculously sensitive skin prone to redness, rash, eczema and other related maladies, and this is something my skin tolerates well whether it's got the word "organic" in it or not.

Nothing you put on your skin will remove wrinkles or make you look 20 when you are 40, that's mostly genetics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty