Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2015, 07:53 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times

Advertisements

Sally Handson quick dry top coat.It drys the polish fast and protects the nailpolish.
Love DKNY My Ny perfume. SimplyVera Vera Wang soothing balm for extremely dry lips.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2015, 08:55 PM

2 posts, read 2,857 times
Bare minerals original loose foundation,also their all-over face powders: "pure radiance" and "Faux tan".eyeshadow in "queen Tiffany" on upper eye crease.
If you have more mature skin Or don't have to worry about pimples, I highly recommend Laura mercier. Get the kit from sephora, with tinted moisturizer and best travel sized concealer kit ever.

Honey.-- Use it as a mask in the shower. Just slather it all over damp/wet face. It's AMAZING. Face just sucks it right up, then rinse.
Raw coconut oil, melted and used as a hair treatment. Ends only. Then shampoo as normal.
Aloe Vera plant. Cut open leaves, rub over entire body. Also pure jojoba oil.
PURPOSE face cleanser for makeup removal
Alba un-petroleum for lip treatment
Loofah gloves! And dry brushing.
Biolage conditioning balm for hair
Maybelline full and soft mascara
All japonesque tools (professional line!)
The Davines hair line
Face moisturizer: ole herikson "sheer transformation"
Serum: La Prairie "crystalline concentre"
Other favorite brands: Ciatè , Sibu, la occitane, amore pacific

Last edited by Stumbellina; 02-14-2015 at 09:00 PM.. Reason: Ipad auto correct fails

Old 02-14-2015, 09:16 PM

1,764 posts, read 1,672,176 times
^^^^^^^^ great tips when you put honey on your face is there a certain brand ? I'm going to try the coconut oil, how long do you leave it on ?

Old 02-14-2015, 09:50 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,206,770 times
Sandalwood powder & coconut oil.

Old 02-14-2015, 10:58 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
These day's it's Cerave foaming facial wash, moisturizing cream (the one in the tub) and Dickinson's Witch Hazel. Years ago I used to swear by Clearasil Daily Face Wash and Paula's Choice acne products, but now in my mid-50's I don't have those problems anymore.

I've never been completely satisfied with any of my makeup products and I'm very fickle. I've been using NYX eyeshadow for a couple years though, it's pretty great.

Old 02-14-2015, 11:06 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,112,822 times
body exfoliant: coconut oil & brown sugar.

Old 02-15-2015, 12:32 AM

10,114 posts, read 19,404,215 times
olive oil and sugar as a scrub

coconut oil as a facial moisturizer, and for ragged cuticles

Or, if you have very oily skin, just use sugar and water as a scrub

Last edited by MaryleeII; 02-15-2015 at 01:18 AM..

Old 02-15-2015, 01:05 AM

897 posts, read 1,180,352 times
Any recommendations for dark spots that's natural? Does lemon really work for that? Any suggestions for fine lines (like laugh lines)? Also, great suggestions everyone! I'm really curious as to what honey does.

Old 02-15-2015, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70's Music Girl View Post
^^^^^^^^ great tips when you put honey on your face is there a certain brand ? I'm going to try the coconut oil, how long do you leave it on ?

Yes, I would like to know, too!

How do you do the honey facial? I assume you get all wet first, then, spread some honey on your damp face, then.....what? You leave it on for awhile? You say the skin sucks it up? I assume you rinse off the remaining? What exactly does the honey do for your skin? Does it help shrink pores?

Coconut oil----I bought the stuff in the jar, the cream, not the oil. I tried just a tiny bit on my crowsfeet, got instant results! Also works great on dried cuticles. For hair, I've been using olive oil, just a teaspoon or so----I have short hair---heated up for 30 sec or less in the microwave. Then, I comb onto DRY hair. That's the important part---put whatever conditioner onto dry, not wet hair. Wet hair forms a barrier against any type of conditioner. It gets absorbed quicker on dry hair. Then, I just rinse it off with cool water.

I have been a lifelong fan of Clinique, and still am a fan for life for their soap. Its the only thing I've found that doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. However, as I'm getting older, I'm developing more facial skin issues, like enlarged pores, eye wrinkles, dull skin, etc, etc. But Clinique has come out with soooooo many different products, it can take all day just to figure out which to use also, they are expensive. Clinique products do work, especially the pore minimizer, but at about $50 a tube, well.......

we are looking at retirement in a few years, and I simply can't afford all that. I will stick with the soap/cleanser forever! But I'm looking for some cheaper yet effective products for my face. If I bought all the recommended products from Clinique, well, that could be my kids college tuition

Old 02-15-2015, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbellina View Post
Bare minerals original loose foundation,also their all-over face powders: "pure radiance" and "Faux tan".eyeshadow in "queen Tiffany" on upper eye crease.
If you have more mature skin Or don't have to worry about pimples, I highly recommend Laura mercier. Get the kit from sephora, with tinted moisturizer and best travel sized concealer kit ever.

Honey.-- Use it as a mask in the shower. Just slather it all over damp/wet face. It's AMAZING. Face just sucks it right up, then rinse.
Raw coconut oil, melted and used as a hair treatment. Ends only. Then shampoo as normal.
Aloe Vera plant. Cut open leaves, rub over entire body. Also pure jojoba oil.
PURPOSE face cleanser for makeup removal
Alba un-petroleum for lip treatment
Loofah gloves! And dry brushing.
Biolage conditioning balm for hair
Maybelline full and soft mascara
All japonesque tools (professional line!)
The Davines hair line
Face moisturizer: ole herikson "sheer transformation"
Serum: La Prairie "crystalline concentre"
Other favorite brands: Ciatè , Sibu, la occitane, amore pacific
Aloe Vera plant is very effective. You can buy just one big stalk at most grocery stores, or try ethnic stores, like Mexican or Asian stores. Just get one at first. Cut it into 1-2 inch horizontal strips, store in Ziploc bags in fridge. Use as needed----let it warm up a bit, then, puncture it, you will wee shat I mean when you first use it, that's why I said to just start with one, and cut it horizontal, it has like a membrane. Squeeze the juice out, and rub on skin. I found it helps with psoriasis

Tehn, you can plant an aloe vera plant in your back yard or patio for instant access.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty