Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2015, 01:07 PM

2,432 posts, read 2,689,105 times

Advertisements

Covergirl lash blast mascara <3

Not your mothers dry shampoo.. This stuff is amazing and works so well!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2015, 09:18 PM

41 posts, read 88,872 times
I'm a guy and I like Peter Thomas Roth's face washes. The are expensive but I love them.

Old 04-17-2015, 08:46 AM

10 posts, read 24,323 times
Brenese face cream and body cream.
Simple products for anyone who
does not like preservatives, fillers of fragrances.
The whole family uses the same creams.

Old 04-17-2015, 08:49 AM

10 posts, read 24,323 times
Brenese face cream and body cream.
The face cream is awesome for teenagers battling acne too.
Simple products for anyone who
does not like preservatives, fillers of fragrances.
The whole family uses the same creams.

Old 04-17-2015, 10:48 AM

5,198 posts, read 5,274,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swgirl926 View Post
I've had a bad habit of using harsh cleansers, scrubs, and astringents to control the oil on my face, and now the skin on my face is red and sensitive, and dry in some spots (especially in this weather!).
I used to have this problem, until I found Mary Kay Botanicals for oily skin. It's natural and gentle. Even though it's for oily skin, it also soothed my dry skin patches as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCrossroads View Post
Coconut oil and olive oil are not for everybody. Both are comedogenic and can cause some people to break out. The times that I've used coconut oil on my face, it has always broken me out. It even caused little red bumps to form in my undereye area.

I think it's got to do with pore size. If you've got large noticeable pores, then these two oils will likely cause break outs. These oils are probably best for people who've got "normal" skin with pores that are hardly visible.
Exactly. My skin cannot handle oil of any kind. My face is itching just reading these posts about using coconut oil on your face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
I normally do not wear any make-up what so ever, but I have taken to wearing just mascara. I have been using a couple of Mary Kay products.

The MK Lash Primer and the MK Ultimate mascara. Love them!

LOVE Mary Kay products. They have a wide selection of shades for women of color. I use their crème to powder foundation. The shade that I use matches my skin tone almost exactly. It's lightweight and stays put after an entire workday.

Old 04-17-2015, 01:46 PM

237 posts, read 786,431 times
Mally's eyeshadow sticks...they really stay on although they seem to have discontinued my favorite shade.

Urban decay 24/7 eyeliners, amazing colors....stay on good too.

Cetaphil cleanser, was recommended to me by a dermatologist back in the 90s and I still use it...

and bronzer is a must for...brand doesn't really matter but I like physician's formula

Old 04-17-2015, 03:05 PM

951 posts, read 1,139,924 times
Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation --finally a foundation that does not make me break out and glide off of my face. It also looks better as the hours go by.

LipFusion XL--I already have full lips, but want them a little poutier, and this thing helps. It also helps keep my lips soft throughout the year. It's the best lip balm/treatment I've used yet.

Infusium leave in treatment--been using this stuff since age 16 and I've been having healthy, shiny hair ever since.

Skincare? Almost anything from Makeup Artist Choice website. Also love Phytomer's velvety cream and rosee visage.

Shiseido bio performance eye cream--This stuff works. I'm nearly 40 and barely have wrinkles around my eyes even when I smile.

Crest white strips --cheapest and most effective over the counter whitening product. Other stuff never worked for me. A tip from my dentist is to use sensitive toothpaste a week before using any tooth whitening if you have sensitive teeth; tried this and it really works.

Old 04-18-2015, 09:29 AM

3,461 posts, read 4,699,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70's Music Girl View Post
^^^^^^^do you like Bare Minerals ? Where can you purchase Laura Geller bronzer ? And why do you like this brand ?

^^^^MrsApt ? Do you mix coconut oil with your moisturizer or apply directly to skin ? I recently saw a beauty show they were taking about coconut oil as a moisturizer.

I prefer the natural beauty tips, they're the best. Seems like there is so much hype on skin care and beauty products - maybe some of the face cremes can do what they say but not many. I'm old school grew up when Ponds cold creme was about all that was available !
I am a coconut oil user as well. It is the BEST! I put it on an hour prior to bed. Use it sparingly because it goes a long way. I no longer use any other moisturizers on my face because coconut oil works better than any moisturizers I have ever used. And I have saved a TON of money.

I suffer from dark circles under my eyes so each night I dab under my eyes with Apple Cider Vinegar and let it soak in and dry. This has helped tone down the dark circles and hopefully make them go away eventually. Once the ACV has dried I then apply the coconut oil all over my face. Works for moisturizing, crows feet, fine lines, etc.

CO is also good as a conditioner for dry, damaged and frizzy hair. You put it completely through your hair and put a towel or shower cap on for at least an hour and then wash as normal. Works wonders!

Here are more uses for CO: https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q...or+coconut+oil

Old 04-18-2015, 09:45 AM

3,461 posts, read 4,699,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCrossroads View Post
Coconut oil and olive oil are not for everybody. Both are comedogenic and can cause some people to break out. The times that I've used coconut oil on my face, it has always broken me out. It even caused little red bumps to form in my undereye area.

I think it's got to do with pore size. If you've got large noticeable pores, then these two oils will likely cause break outs. These oils are probably best for people who've got "normal" skin with pores that are hardly visible.
That is strange. I have large pores and I use coconut oil all the time and I LOVE it. It has worked wonders as a moisturizer, fine lines, wrinkles, crows feet, etc. I have never once broke out from it nor have I gotten any kind of bumps. I do however, blot under my eyes first with Apple Cider Vinegar and let it dry and then apply the CO after so not sure if that might be preventing some of the things you mentioned or not(?)

Old 04-18-2015, 09:55 AM

10,113 posts, read 19,394,180 times
Coconut oil is also great fo your cuticules
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty