Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2015, 02:39 PM

2,966 posts, read 5,220,854 times

Advertisements

Can anyone recommend a line of natural skin care that is available on Amazon.com?

I am in desperate need of some moisturizing facial cream and/or night cream, and every brand I look at is filled with the most nasty chemicals imaginable. I cannot even pronounce half of the ingredients, and I recognize some as ingredients in anti-freeze and industrial chemical preservatives. Definitely not what I was slathered on my skin to soak into my body.

If you have used a natural line of skin care products and have been happy with them, would love to hear it. They don't have to be organic, but available on Amazon would be great because I get a lot of cash back bonuses and do a lot of shopping on the site. Also, nothing ultra high-end that costs $100.00 oz. I just want something that works well and wont clog pores.

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2015, 02:52 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,889,091 times
This is what I use under makeup: http://www.amazon.com/Andes-Nature-C...T4TVHPHC961RDG Still full of chemicals, but smells okay, absorbs really quickly, and doesn't make me break out.

I use Vaseline on my face at night...definitely not a natural thing but it works so very well.

Old 02-13-2015, 02:54 PM

8,087 posts, read 9,845,569 times
Recommend using the utility grade stuff used for adding the regrowth of damaged skin.(collagen and elastn accelerator) Tends to be one-two ingredients and that is it.
Both wife and I use this. She does it for beauty and I do it for functionality.(I run and developed corner eye wrinkles but no more)

http://www.amazon.com/Silicium-Labor...ords=g5+silica

It is a gel not a cream so pillow and pajama safe.

Old 02-13-2015, 03:59 PM

208 posts, read 604,366 times
I like Avalon Organics. I've used the lavender daily moisturizer and vitamin C renewal cream. There are still some ingredients that you can't pronounce, but AO's products have no synthetic fragrances, parabens, or sulfates. I also like that the company doesn't test on animals.

Old 02-13-2015, 04:27 PM

2,827 posts, read 4,343,976 times
I use organic, virgin coconut oil. It's a super moisturizer.

Like my friend likes to say about coconut oil.... "es muy chingón."

Old 02-13-2015, 05:00 PM

Thanks guys, I will look into these.

Does the silica gel moisturize? Interesting concept I never heard of.

I have used organic, raw coconut oil for years, but am in the mood to try something new. The coconut oil works well, but it soaks in so fast in the winter, that I have to keep reapplying it multiple times a day. I was hoping to find an alternate cream that will have a bit of lasting power.

Going to check these out right now.

Old 02-13-2015, 05:08 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,708,450 times
You might also want to look into this Burts Bees Moisturizing Night Cream. It's great. As someone else mentioned, the Avalon products too.

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Night-Cre...S6bRoCuDrw_wcB

Old 02-13-2015, 05:21 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,973,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmachina View Post
Can anyone recommend a line of natural skin care that is available on Amazon.com?

I am in desperate need of some moisturizing facial cream and/or night cream, and every brand I look at is filled with the most nasty chemicals imaginable. I cannot even pronounce half of the ingredients, and I recognize some as ingredients in anti-freeze and industrial chemical preservatives. Definitely not what I was slathered on my skin to soak into my body.

If you have used a natural line of skin care products and have been happy with them, would love to hear it. They don't have to be organic, but available on Amazon would be great because I get a lot of cash back bonuses and do a lot of shopping on the site. Also, nothing ultra high-end that costs $100.00 oz. I just want something that works well and wont clog pores.

Thanks in advance!
Let me remind everyone within the view of my keystrokes that everything in existence is composed of chemicals, including ourselves. Every element, combined with other elements, forms molecules, which are chemicals. Merely being difficult to pronounce does not unhealthy make, and no matter what you put on your face, it will be composed of chemicals.

As for what I recommend, I took Accutane, which is the most concentrated form of oral Vitamin A available on the market and an extremely harsh, potent drug. I took it for severe cystic acne and was under the care of a dermatologist for years for acne problems even before that. They all have recommended Cetophil due to the horrific skin dryness Accutane causes. I used it then, and it's great because it moisturizes without clogging pores and causing breakouts in acne prone skin.

I'm using Cetophil lotion now twice a day on my face due to some major dryness, redness, and peeling I have just developed this winter. My face got so irritated I thought I would have to head back to the dermatologist, until I finally remembered that she recommended Cetophil, available OTC and inexpensively. I picked some up and within two days my face was vastly improved. It's about $12/8 oz bottle.

Old 02-13-2015, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
You might also want to look into this Burts Bees Moisturizing Night Cream. It's great. As someone else mentioned, the Avalon products too.

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Night-Cre...S6bRoCuDrw_wcB
The link goes to a brand called "Bee Friendly." Is this different than Burts Bees brand?

I just want to make sure I look at the right one that you recommend.

Old 02-13-2015, 05:39 PM

Scooby, I have tried the products like Cetophil and they are nice for sensitive skin like mine. I have a lot of Scottish, Irish, English and German in my background, so my skin is very fair.

Now that I am older, I am hoping to find something that is more nourishing, like a night cream that is rich in nutrients to prevent wrinkles and deeply hydrate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty