Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2015, 03:09 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNTroy View Post
Yeah...looking at cell phone for the time is not draining your battery.
Exactly. It's a very minimal use of power.

Old 03-08-2015, 08:33 PM

1,274 posts, read 978,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I have heard this many times, and it's just not true. Sure, some people don't wear watches many more, but there are millions out there who still do, including myself, and they will never stop wearing them. I know there will always be a market for simple watches. I just got a new one for my birthday a couple of months ago, in fact. There are many reasons people wear watches. I wear one because it's beautiful and elegant, and part of my wardrobe. It's more than just a timepiece. I also wear one because I can't have my phone on at work and I want to know the time whenever. My gf wears a watch instead of using her phone for the time. Most of my friends do as well. It's distracting pulling your phone out of your pocket over and over to check the time. And what if your phone dies? There goes your watch As for smartwatches, they just seem like overpriced useless gadgets to me.
Yes, you're right, a watch is an elegant accessory for a man or a woman. And those watches are simply magnificent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2015, 08:41 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,729,615 times
I don't wear any watches, I do own a few nice ones, but they get in the way. I think some people decide to just go the cell phone route, you hardly go anywhere without a cell, so it makes having a watch almost nonexistent. If they make a smart watch I think many people will opt in for one, I could also see many being broken.

Old 03-09-2015, 12:32 AM
eok

6,684 posts, read 4,247,048 times
I don't know what a Smartwatch is, but I assume it makes you smarter, and you have to wear one to be smart enough to understand what it's for.

Old 03-09-2015, 06:30 AM

26,191 posts, read 21,568,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
I don't wear any watches, I do own a few nice ones, but they get in the way. I think some people decide to just go the cell phone route, you hardly go anywhere without a cell, so it makes having a watch almost nonexistent. If they make a smart watch I think many people will opt in for one, I could also see many being broken.

What are you doing that a watch gets in the way? Auto mechanic or artificial inseminator on a cattle ranch?

Old 03-09-2015, 06:39 AM

3,779 posts, read 2,683,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesmama View Post
I was without a wrist watch for a few months and simply could not adapt. I hated pulling out my phone just to look at the time; but, then, I never use my phone unless I have to. To me it was a bother.

To each his own, but slapping on a wrist-watch is more than good enough for me.
I dislike wearing a watch. It's a little uncomfortable, and mobile phones have made them obsolete. I'm sure Apple will try to change that so they can cash in on another gadget.

At any given moment, I can pull out my phone and look at the time. If I didn't carry my phone with me, then that would be a different matter.

Why waste money and other resources on two devices?

Old 03-09-2015, 06:56 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,951,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
What are you doing that a watch gets in the way? Auto mechanic or artificial inseminator on a cattle ranch?

Old 03-09-2015, 06:56 AM

26,191 posts, read 21,568,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post

Don't knock it until you try it

Old 03-09-2015, 10:56 AM

1,591 posts, read 2,406,898 times
Wrist watches and smart watches cater to two entirely different demographics and neither have much to do with determining the time of day. The man-jewelry types wouldn't be caught dead with a smart watch and the smart watch demographic is more concerned with the technology aspect than having a piece of art on their wrist.

Old 03-09-2015, 01:05 PM

4,833 posts, read 5,729,849 times
I used to wear a wrist watch up until a few years ago. Ditched it and never going back. Like others now just use my smart phone
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty