Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2015, 01:47 PM

621 posts, read 1,032,940 times

Advertisements

I have only worn heel types of shoes on occasion. Yesturday I wore a pair for 2 and a half hours and about 1 hour in or so, my feet's soles hurt and burnt and felt like I had blisters. I didn't wear socks with these types of heels and did last with them for a that amount of time but they did hurt my feet.

My feet do tend to hurt this way when I wear a pair of shoes I don't normally wear. I am always wearing sneakers and or boots that are "flats". My parents say I should wear heels so my feet can get a feel of those shoes and get use to it.

So what do you ladies recommend I do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2015, 01:55 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,136,831 times
Look at it this way, if you weigh 120 pounds (or 140 pounds or 105 pounds or whatever) all of that weight is balanced on the very small front part of your feet when you wear heels. When you wear flat shoes or boots (often with socks that give even more cushioning) your weight is evenly distributed across the entire bottom of your feet not just the tiny front part of your feet. It isn't surprising if your feet hurt.

Try to buy high heel shoes that are comfortable. If you can't walk around in the store for 10 or 15 minutes in them without your feet hurting you won't be comfortable wearing them for 3 hours at a wedding or for 8 to 10 hours at work.

Make sure that they are the right size. Always get measured for shoes. Sometimes women buy a certain size because that is what they wore before, but maybe those shoes stretched out or the size may be different in a different brand. Also, some heels have pointed toes, which leave very little room for your actual toes to fit inside. Yikes! More pain.

Also, some women just adapt better to high heels than other women. My daughter can wear four inch stiletto heels to party or a dance and her feet are comfortable all night when almost every other woman needs to take her shoes off within an hour or two.

Last edited by germaine2626; 03-08-2015 at 02:07 PM..

Old 03-08-2015, 02:01 PM

2,144 posts, read 1,877,866 times
Wear shoes that don't hurt. There is no law that says you have to wear heels and if you want to for fashion, then you have to keep shopping till you find a set-up that doesn't hurt, or deal with the pain.

Old 03-08-2015, 02:03 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,859,449 times
A few things:

Get inserts to add padding underneath the balls of your feet.

It also sounds like those shoes didn't have enough room in the toe box. You can stretch that by stuffing some thick socks in there overnight. This works for most shoes, and doesn't hurt anything.

There is a wide range in terms of comfort in heels, but I can't stand too long in any of them. Padding helps a ton. Also start smaller, kitten heels are great starter heels. Look at the shoe construction too. If it is wobbly on the floor before you put your foot in, it is not going to be great on your foot.

Old 03-08-2015, 02:57 PM

621 posts, read 1,032,940 times
These shoes were like sandal heel types, with the high heel embeded in the shoe's backside, with the openness for the toes in the front, and straps along the front leading to the back.

Won't inserts on sandal heels not look good?

Old 03-08-2015, 03:16 PM

26,777 posts, read 22,526,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygogetter View Post
These shoes were like sandal heel types, with the high heel embeded in the shoe's backside, with the openness for the toes in the front, and straps along the front leading to the back.

All shoes with heels are not made "equal."
You need to find the shoes that put your feet in the most comfortable position possible. ( And that might mean different heel height.) Another thing - some distribute weight in more unequal manner than other, thus putting pressure primarily on certain points. Try looking for a platform kind of shoes with a heel, where the difference between the heel and the sole of the shoe is not that drastic. That might help, if you have to wear heels))))

Old 03-08-2015, 03:21 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,217,998 times
Quote:
I have only worn heel types of shoes on occasion. Yesturday I wore a pair for 2 and a half hours and about 1 hour in or so, my feet's soles hurt and burnt and felt like I had blisters. I didn't wear socks with these types of heels and did last with them for a that amount of time but they did hurt my feet.

My feet do tend to hurt this way when I wear a pair of shoes I don't normally wear. I am always wearing sneakers and or boots that are "flats". My parents say I should wear heels so my feet can get a feel of those shoes and get use to it.

So what do you ladies recommend I do?

What you should do is wear comfortable shoes and have your feet measured professionally.
Do not fall into the "you have to wear heels to look good" fashion trap, you will regret that decision when you are 35 and have to have foot surgery because of the ill fitting improper shoes you have worn for 15+ years.

Old 03-08-2015, 06:09 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,765,913 times
It doesn't "hit" at 35 - but I wore high heels for many years (work, dancing, commuting, etc.) - have issues now but don't want to deal with them (so put it off - tried buying a larger size shoe, etc.) - I NEVER had pain or anything back in the day - but now - guess I'm paying the price (pain-wise and visual-wise) - I know it's hard to hear this when you are young but...

Old 03-08-2015, 06:55 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,859,449 times
Quote:

There are many many shapes. I like these:

Shoe Cushions, Pads, Inserts, and Shoe Care | Foot Petals® Official Store

Old 03-08-2015, 07:02 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,953,220 times
I'm 38 years old now, and I can't handle wearing high heels anymore. I never wore them much to begin with but I did enjoy them occasionally. I wear scrubs and tennis shoes for my work uniform, however. I haven't gained hardly any weight throughout my adult years and I work out, so I don't understand what's changed except my age. So I wear cute flats mostly now. I have heard wedges are a great alternative that are high, yet very comfortable because they distribute the weight on a high even platform throughout the shoe. I have not tried those yet, but probably will in the future. I suggest you try them for yourself. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty