Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2015, 04:17 PM

1,764 posts, read 1,673,317 times

Advertisements

Does anyone use a great waterproof mascara ?

I wore Lancôme for years, however, never liked it. Didn't last very long and felt it wasn't a great mascara for the price.

Then started wearing Laura Mercier liked it but it was a little more difficult to apply because it would smug quickly but a great mascara if you can get use to it.

Then started wearing YSL - Great mascara, creamy and great brush last a long time but very expensive.

Since then wore Loreal liked it ok but felt it was too hard on eyelashes, also loved one by Cover Girl that was a washable mascara, however, it was recently discontinued.

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2015, 05:38 PM

2,026 posts, read 334,491 times
Give Makeup Forever's Smoky Extravagant a shot; I love it and you can get it at Sephora for 24 dollars--worth it. I have extremely oily eyelids and it holds up great all day long, which says a lot about the mascara!!

Old 03-16-2015, 06:13 PM

^^^^^^^^Thank you - I'm checking this out, gets good reviews. I'll go to Sephora for this mascara, usually when I walk in there everything kinda looks the same, so I end up leaving.

Does it last at least two months ?

Old 03-16-2015, 07:56 PM

17,538 posts, read 39,160,131 times
I have been pretty happy with Maybelline Falsies waterproof mascara. It's cheap, too.

Old 03-17-2015, 08:07 PM

2,026 posts, read 334,491 times
I've had mine for at least 6 mo. so yes!!

Old 03-17-2015, 08:09 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,880,668 times
Loreal telescopic waterproof mascara.

Old 03-17-2015, 09:29 PM

4 posts, read 2,791 times
I used to always have to wear waterproof mascara because my eyes water and I would end up with black smudges under my eyes. It felt like too much of a task to take off at the end of the day so I switched to Avon Wash-Off Waterproof and I have been using it for years. The most I think I have ever paid was between $4-$6. I mostly stock up when they are running a sale. Now I have decent eyelashes so I don't need much so if you are looking for much fuller lashes than what you have then it might not work out well for you.

I started using regular Amped Lashes by Ulta , I have been using that lately and it does not rub off and makes my lashes look amazing. I bought Urban Decay Big Fatty and it was an amazing stay put mascara that made me look like I had fake lashes but it is a b*tch to take off and I was losing 2-3 eyelashes a week.

Good luck!

Old 03-18-2015, 08:26 AM

951 posts, read 1,141,323 times
My eyes used to be terribly sensitive when it came to wearing any kind of eye makeup, especially mascara. I wasn't able to wear mascara without looking like a raccoon an hour later. I did some research and the only mascara I could wear for many years was Kanebo Sensai Collection Mascara 38°C. This stuff can only be washed away with warm water + some waterproof makeup remover; that's why it has the 38°C in its name. It never smeared on me while I was wearing it. The biggest drawback is that the formula and wand was only good to darken the lashes and made them slightly thicker and longer; it didn't work as well as other mascaras when it came to volumizing and lengthening. I think the formula did improve somewhat the last time I tried it, but not much.

I now use Définicils waterproof mascara by Lancôme, and so far it seems to work well. It doesn't smudge as much and still gives me the length and volume I need.

Old 03-18-2015, 07:28 PM

7,114 posts, read 4,830,642 times
I've been using Almay One Coat Triple Effect. It's been working really nicely, I like the brush and the way the product looks after it's applied. (I never can tell if it's the product or the brush that makes mascara look right!)

I've only had this one, for about a month and a half now. About time to get a new one, we'll see if the second works as well.

Old 03-19-2015, 06:33 PM

Thank you everyone Great suggestions !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty