Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2015, 08:33 PM

2,234 posts, read 2,404,546 times

Advertisements

I have always had bags under my eyes that become very visible when I smile. I am still young and get enough sleep, so I don't know what could be causing this. Could it be hereditary?

Can I get rid of these bags somehow? They have been really bothering me lately... Would concealer work? Or is that only for dark circles? Are there any products out there that get rid of under eye puffiness? I have read the Botox can reduce under eye bags, but I don't know if I want to resort to that..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2015, 09:11 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,814,317 times
I just happened to view a youtube video on hiding them with concealer. The makeup artist, after applying foundation, used concealer, at least one shade lighter that your skin, and using a tiny brush, applied the concealer under the bags only, where the dark crease is. You do not apply it to the bag itself, since it'll only highlight it.

Here's the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmvcI3q53_0

Old 03-25-2015, 06:33 AM

1 posts, read 1,045 times
Hi Kgordeeva ,

Me too, I have tried several methods but they did not seem to work. However, I have tried the below 4 methods and it works wonders....

Here's 4 ways on how to get rid of eye bags:

1. Soothe your eyes with something cold.

You've probably heard that placing cucumbers over your eyes will help reduce bags, but it's actually the cool temperature that soothes the area. Cucumbers happen to be the perfect shape, size and texture to treat under-eye bags, so go ahead and slice one up - just make sure it's been chilling in the refrigerator beforehand.

If you don't have a cucumber, wet a few teabags and chill them in the freezer or refrigerator before placing them over your eyes. Use a soothing tea, like chamomile or peppermint, so you get the benefits of aromatherapy at the same time.

2. Use teabags.
The tannin in the teabag can sometimes help ease down under-eye bags. Boil water and dunk two teabags into the hot water.
Bob it up and down until they are soaked through. Remove and allow to cool on a plate. If wished, cover face, nose, eyes, with paper towel or face washers. Lie down somewhere comfortable. Place one soaked teabag over each eye. Put your feet up, relax for a few minutes. After a little chilling out, remove the teabags. Hopefully, things will look a little less puffy when you check the mirror again.

3. Thirdly, you can use a revolutionary ingredient called Argireline:
A peptide that works like botox (without the needles). It works quickly and effectively to diminish the visible signs of eye bags and aging within a few minutes.....you can get it at Products.

Demo on how to use it: How to Get Rid of Eye Bags?

4. Lastly, Put on some concealer.
In the short term, concealing under-eye bags and circles with a little makeup is the quickest and most effective solution. The right makeup can greatly reduce the appearance of bags and keep you looking fresh all day. Follow these steps to apply concealing makeup:

Choose a concealer that matches your skin tone. If your under-eye bags are dark, you could also go one shade lighter. Apply the concealer with your finger or a cotton ball. Make sure you dab it on lightly instead of rubbing it into your skin. The makeup will conceal your bags more effectively if it stays on the surface of your skin.

Follow the concealer with a brush of powder to help it set and stay in place all day. Use a matte powder (not one with shimmer) and a blush brush to apply a little powder under your eyes.

Old 03-25-2015, 07:58 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,825,823 times
Undereye bags are one thing; dark circles are another (although some people have both). The woman in the video has dark circles. The concealer used gave a wonderful result, and that doesn't always happen.

Old 03-25-2015, 08:18 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times
Eye bags can be hereditary. Mine started around age 40 and have been increasing with age. I am now 65. They are not terrible but look most visible under certain lighting conditions. Allergies and bad sleep make them worse.

I do love to use frozen cucumbers. I buy cukes and slice them up, keep them in the freezer. Then before any eye makeup use them under my eyes and even on the tops of my eyes. The cold juice from them works well too. Don't waste your money on any products, they don't help. And DON'T get botox or any of that other crap - it can make things worse!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty