Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2015, 08:12 AM

922 posts, read 806,658 times

Advertisements

I know a professional makeup artists and she told me the ONLY BRAND WORTH SPLURGING ON IS M.A.C. She says it is by far the best.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2015, 08:26 AM

2,365 posts, read 2,148,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemissrock View Post
I have used makeup from pretty much every brand on Earth, from cheap ones like wet&wild to expensive ones like clinique, and there is almost no difference in quality, actually I think L'oreal has the best quality. So I think the gap in price is just marketing costs.
Im told L'Oreal is an off-shoot of Lancome. Organic makeup is generally more pricey than what Pharmacies and Department Stores carry, due to the fact its organic. Physicians Formula is about as close as you are going to get to organic in those stores.

I do see a marked difference in the quality of eye-shadows. Brands like Kat Von D (non-organic) seem to have better pigmentation, an awesome color pallette, and staying power over Cover Girl, Maybelline or L'Oreal.

Overall, its not just marketing costs. Branding is big too. Christian Dior has a lip line Im dying to try, but three products that cost about $ 99.00 each are just out of my price range considering how much I bother to wear makeup to begin with.

In my experience, I started wearing makeup because I felt it made me look older. In my mid-twenties I stopped because I felt I looked 'clownish'. Now, that Im in my 50's, although some warmth on my face is good to counteract the effects of my gray hair and gray-blue eyes, I still feel like I did when I frst started overall. I dont use it now. More often than not, it accentuates wrinkles thereby making me look older, and I still havent gotten over the associated 'clownish looking' feeling.

That is what it is. *shrugs*

Wet&Wild are decent products (if you dont care about what it is exactly you are putting on your face), and the price certainly makes keeping up with trends pocketbook friendly.

If it feels good, use it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty