Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 12:20 AM

15,837 posts, read 21,369,827 times

Advertisements

I was actually shocked at the sizing. I took a gamble on Ebay and bought a jumper. Normally in most mall or designer type clothes, the sizing doesn't go up high enough to fit me. While I'm a 14/16 in Old Navy, the rest of the world doesn't work on their sizing scale. :P Anyway, the XL jumper fit PERFECTLY and was even a little roomy.

Sadly, I don't know of a Steve and Barry's nearby or I would be there in a flash!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2008, 09:59 PM

859 posts, read 3,317,907 times
FINALLY went.

Here is the review...

Everything is normally $20 and under...BUT there was a special sale EVERYTHING in the store $8.

For $62 I got 2 jean flood pants, a jacket, 2 pairs of cotton shorts...and my mom got shoes and sweat pants. So this was obviously a plus, getting all that and spending so little. I usually spend $62 on one shirt or something other places.

There are some negatives though...the sizing is a little small. Me and my mom needed one size up in everything, which is usually typical in cheaper clothing, but on a bright note, they do carry really big sizes, so your next size should still be there.

And I can't speak for all the stores, but this particular Steve & Barry's isn't in the hottest neighborhood. It's not the complete ghetto, but it was no place I would shop or dine if I wasn't on this specific mission. Because of this...the store was chaotic. The workers didn't care and clothing near the dressing room was piling up in huge heaps.

I guess my over all review is that the stuff is cute...and cheap cheap cheap...so it's definately worth looking and grabbing some pieces. But it's definately not some place someone can build an enitre wardrobe.

Old 03-21-2008, 10:13 PM

7,065 posts, read 3,101,637 times
I have been to the store. I don't really like the store and I have to say I do not like her clothing line. I just think the clothes are too dull. Sorry no offense ot anyone who does like it. We all just have different likes and dislikes.

Old 03-22-2008, 09:36 AM

1,043 posts, read 3,713,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMissSunshine View Post
By Sarah Jessica Parker that is.

SJP, has a new line of clothes where EVERYTHING is depratment store quality but under $20. Even jackets and shoes are $19.99.

I can't wait to shop!! I think it's exclusive to Steve and Barry's. I just found one 20 minutes from me. Hopefully I can go next weekend.

BITTEN | Sarah Jessica Parker
Just visited the website. That stuff is Cute and Cheap (Affordable)! I usually don't go for celebrity stuff, but I could see myself doing damage to my credit card on her clothing line.

Uh-oh! I used the store locator and found that the only one near me is "Coming Soon". I guess I could take a long drive up to one in the 'burbs though.

Old 03-22-2008, 09:41 AM

1,043 posts, read 3,713,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMissSunshine View Post
FINALLY went.
Here is the review...
(snip)
I guess my over all review is that the stuff is cute...and cheap cheap cheap...so it's definately worth looking and grabbing some pieces. But it's definately not some place someone can build an enitre wardrobe.

Thanks for the review! I need some cheap pieces to round out my weekend wardrobe. Hopefully I'll find a great haul like yours.

Old 03-29-2008, 07:56 PM

1,364 posts, read 4,140,382 times
The Bitten line has some good classic peices and yes, it does run bit small. I found a long tan winter coat in an XS that fit perfectly! There are some nice solid colored pants there also. I was a little disappointed, as I had hoped there would also be some trendy pieces, reminiscent of her character on Sex in the City, but it's hard to beat the price!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty